Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Dear friends
I had my hearing yesterday and got my approval :)) now the next step is applying for PR card I guess. How long I have time to apply for PR card. Also how long I can wait to add my husband into my application for PR card. He is back home and his passport lost so it will takes six month till he will be able to apply new one so I wonder if I can wait that long. Thanks.
Hi Alireza, Actually there's no any limitation and you can apply as soon as you gather requested documents and filling the forms. But it's quite rational to apply sooner, because there is an almost two-year period for reaching your PR.
For the lost passport issue , you could apply to get a new one by your country border police. It might has a deficult process but possible.

newMember110

Oct 15, 2020
Dear friends
I had my hearing yesterday and got my approval :)) now the next step is applying for PR card I guess. How long I have time to apply for PR card. Also how long I can wait to add my husband into my application for PR card. He is back home and his passport lost so it will takes six month till he will be able to apply new one so I wonder if I can wait that long. Thanks.

Congratulatesssssssss !!!!!!

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I waited 3 years for my hearing, after 3 years I got a decision and applied for PR. It is been 4.5 years for me in Canada since I applied for asylum and yet the PR is not comeplted. PR application December 2019.
Did they ask you for fingerprints? I applied January 15th 2020 and I was 2 months ago to get my fingerprints done and I did but hasn't got it from the police. I don't even know if they send it directly to immigration. and I have until 27 of this month to submit it.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Did they ask you for fingerprints? I applied January 15th 2020 and I was 2 months ago to get my fingerprints done and I did but hasn't got it from the police. I don't even know if they send it directly to immigration. and I have until 27 of this month to submit it.
@Whiskey2020 we have applied on the same day! Where are you at with your application? I submitted my pcc and they acknowledged the receipt of it, that is all! How about you?

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
@Whiskey2020 we have applied on the same day! Where are you at with your application? I submitted my pcc and they acknowledged the receipt of it, that is all! How about you?
Am in Alberta my application is Just in AOR, before I got the email requesting for my fingerprints I already get my fingerprints from FBI but the one from RCMP is what am waiting for and like I said I have few days left to return all the documents I don't even know what to do.

Wem

Jul 8, 2018
Dear friends,
I am hoping someone can help me here. I've been asked to submit documents to Accra office but unable to validate the form because my kids passport has expired, they've gone for renewal in March and as at yesterday their passport is not ready and I have less than 60days to submit the forms to Accra office.. Passport renewal is a big issue in my home country at the moment. What do you advise?

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Dear friends,
I am hoping someone can help me here. I've been asked to submit documents to Accra office but unable to validate the form because my kids passport has expired, they've gone for renewal in March and as at yesterday their passport is not ready and I have less than 60days to submit the forms to Accra office.. Passport renewal is a big issue in my home country at the moment. What do you advise?
I thi nk you should Write down an explanation letter , and inform IRCC but first wait you have time but if you are not able to provide on time than Inform IRCC to extend your time

Ikemlaw

May 11, 2020
I waited 3 years for my hearing, after 3 years I got a decision and applied for PR. It is been 4.5 years for me in Canada since I applied for asylum and yet the PR is not comeplted. PR application December 2019.
You may hear from them soon. I am a December 2019 applicant to. My family and I received our pre- arrival service letter and COPR yesterday( April 16). According to the timeline, they started processing our application on November 27, 2020 even though they received it December 11, 2019. The end is near and all the best

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
You may hear from them soon. I am a December 2019 applicant to. My family and I received our pre- arrival service letter and COPR yesterday( April 16). According to the timeline, they started processing our application on November 27, 2020 even though they received it December 11, 2019. The end is near and all the best
congrats. So you got the pre arrival Services and COPR sametime. YOu have family members inside Canada. or outside Canada. Where you on the PIlot project ? Did they ask anything before. that is great news.

Wem

Jul 8, 2018
I thi nk you should Write down an explanation letter , and inform IRCC but first wait you have time but if you are not able to provide on time than Inform IRCC to extend your time
Thanks for your response. I just hope they don't ask us to start the PR application all over because of this

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Dear friends,
Oh waoooo. Am sure you are a Nigerian. Getting a passport now will take a while as their is a huge backlog. The immigration promised minimum wait time of two months and that is if you are lucky. So the best thing now is to alert IRCC and let them know the situation of things about passport issue in your home country. Dont wait till that time to inform them. Inform them now and later remind them before the expiry of your time.

Reactions: Abtols