+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Nobody can do anything. All we can do is wait and wait until you hear an email notification on your phone from IRCC or you check your mailbox and accidentally find a letter from them. Other than that is a waste of time!

Reactions: Oscarsunil

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
For all those friends Waiting since early 2019.......
March 2019 Applicant.
Called IRCC today and was told that finally my Security is complete now. And pending for decision. Before that i called them last Friday and they told me that security check in progress.
Gckey is not updated after AIP. And it is still,background check in progress.
Hoping for DM soon now.
Mississauga office.
How long usually they take in making decision once everything is complete?

Survivor1

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
For all those friends Waiting since early 2019.......
March 2019 Applicant.
Called IRCC today and was told that finally my Security is complete now. And pending for decision. Before that i called them last Friday and they told me that security check in progress.
Gckey is not updated after AIP. And it is still,background check in progress.
Hoping for DM soon now.
Mississauga office.
How long usually they take in making decision once everything is complete?
My security passed on february 10 this year. Everything complete since feb 10 but no final decision yet. I called ircc three four times....they said everything is complete including all background checks.

Reactions: mimika

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
My security passed on february 10 this year. Everything complete since feb 10 but no final decision yet. I called ircc three four times....they said everything is complete including all background checks.
Is your office also Mississauga? They are taking the longest in all stages because they have excuse that we are the busiest office.

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
That’s insane . I called them today again and the second agent told me that the decision on my application is made a month ago, but I have to wait until they will upload a letter. How come that’s possible waiting for updating a profile for a month ..........in your case for over 2 months ........:mad::mad:

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Today minister of immigration announced new pathways to permanent resident for 90,000 applicants, I think after start getting applications under this program our applications will be more delayed

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Here is the deal gentlemen, I applied to become a PR on March 22, 2019. Only criminality is in progress. They didn’t start eligibility or security yet. Called so many times but the answer is ready, Covid. It has been 25 months and it is absurd and ridiculous at this point. I emailed my MP who ,in turn, emailed the IRCC about my file. The IRCC said that Eligibility, Security, and Criminality are in progress. They also claimed that the reason for the delay is the fact that I live in Quebec (which I want those who live in Quebec to confirm) and that Quebec didn’t include me in their 2019 and 2020 immigration quota. It is just didn’t sound right to me. Anyways, I called IRCC few days later and they said the same shit, criminality is in progress and eligibility and security didn’t start. Bear with me please, I emailed the MP again and they said that they emailed the IRCC about the eligibility and security but I should wait for Quebec to send me a confirmation of receipt which I have never heard of before. Does Quebec play a direct role or send any correspondence straight to refugees regarding their PR applications? I mean the only time I had to deal with Quebec is when I applied for CSQ in 2019 which I obtained in 2 weeks.

Last edited: