+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

canadian23

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hello, I hope everyone in the forum is keeping well and healthy. I got a message on my GcKey account:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in
Canada class.We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
IRCC office in Calgary will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident
application.

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

is this decision? from your experience how long will it take to get the COPR? Anyone got application through Calgary office?

I appreciate your response.

Btw my timeline is October 2019. Police Certificate and Finger print request submitted October 29, 2020, AIP December 2020, Family referred to London Office February 18, 2021 and on the same day passed my medical.
congrats

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Hello, I hope everyone in the forum is keeping well and healthy. I got a message on my GcKey account:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in
Canada class.We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
IRCC office in Calgary will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident
application.

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

is this decision? from your experience how long will it take to get the COPR? Anyone got application through Calgary office?

I appreciate your response.

Btw my timeline is October 2019. Police Certificate and Finger print request submitted October 29, 2020, AIP December 2020, Family referred to London Office February 18, 2021 and on the same day passed my medical.
Congratulations

Reactions: Mysoul78

Smsm73

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Hi guys,

I have a question. I just received my police certificate from the embassy of Malaysia. Should I send it via the webform or by mail? Is webform enough? Please answer if you have done it before for your case. Thanks
For me They need original by post

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
If time bar works, I would have become a citizen by now..lol
The time bar is like the old phone's battery: You connect the charger, it shows 100% charged, you disconnect, it goes straight to 0%! :cool:
@Yessam07 @Fadros to receive PDF or mail COPR should I wait or I can send them webform inquiry? GCKey key refer “ approved please see below “ how do I know either they forgot to attached ?

Reactions: Fadros

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
@Yessam07 @Fadros to receive PDF or mail COPR should I wait or I can send them webform inquiry? GCKey key refer “ approved please see below “ how do I know either they forgot to attached ?
That's a good point, one could try that option too.
Also, since the information on the Gckey also shows the document number, Do you guys think the document number is enough to change SIN at service Canada? or even maybe guys at the service Canada are able to provide you a copy of your COPR.

Reactions: Abtols and saidur

Lofftyloveth

Dec 11, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I am the applicant, while my husband is the dependant back in Nigeria. He was requested to submit his forms and police report at VO Ghana. I just pray he doesn’t have to stay so long before they respond to his applications.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
That's a good point, one could try that option too.
Also, since the information on the Gckey also shows the document number, Do you guys think the document number is enough to change SIN at service Canada? or even maybe guys at the service Canada are able to provide you a copy of your COPR.
@Chrislo77 i just have send webform inquiry to IRCC let’s see when they respond though last time I got response after 3 weeks !!!

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
I don't think a web form will help much! It takes at least 5 days to get acknowledgment from an agent, I recommend calling them if it's taking longer, an option that is not going to do much since your file is already transferred to a local office. But I think calling them by 8:00 am would be a better option - if you don't like waiting on the phone, there is an option to leave your number, an agent will call you (I always get a call in less than 20 minutes)!

Reactions: saidur