+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi all,

Today I called cic but the options were changed, does anybody know how we can contact them?
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.

Mehrabansara

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
I have account in Gckey but i dont know why i can not access to my file in GCKey . I entered all my info but still doesnt find me
Can you help me with this matter?

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Hi @Fadros , do you have an idea how long it may take to receive PDF COPR
I know how annoying it is to just wait for pdf after everything is finished, but don't worry about it. You are now a permanent resident, even without this pdf, every day counts to citizenship, but it's annoying, I understand. I was so annoyed waiting for this pdf after everything should have finished.

Regarding the time frame, I got it in 5 days, some people get it same day or day after, also I saw some people get it in 2-3 weeks. When I called IRCC during these 5 days waiting for the pdf, they told me it may take up to 2-3 weeks.

Don't stress about it, although I remember I was so annoyed. You will get it this month for sure, if not tomorrow morning :D

Reactions: saidur

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Both of you should request for GCMS notes, contact your local MPs and send web form inquiries. Calling is not helpful but webforms are always added and noted in the file.
I wonder what is your country of origin? Maybe that is a reason for the delay...
Syria

Tels

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Good day all, I seriously need help and answers. We submitted our applications on the 3week of dec 2020 and up till now, no response from them. How do I contact them?. Any email address or phone number to reach to them. It’s frustrating.

My visa office is Ghana. Thank you all

Blakky2

Aug 12, 2020
Hello please, I just got my PR and I have a dependent son in Nigeria, Ghana has requested him to submit his original passport for a visa. I am confused about the VFS office to submit his document. am I going to send his document to vfs Nigeria or vfs Lagos? Thank you .

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hello please, I just got my PR and I have a dependent son in Nigeria, Ghana has requested him to submit his original passport for a visa. I am confused about the VFS office to submit his document. am I going to send his document to vfs Nigeria or vfs Lagos? Thank you .
Send the passport to the same processing office you sent his application forms to.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Good day all, I seriously need help and answers. We submitted our applications on the 3week of dec 2020 and up till now, no response from them. How do I contact them?. Any email address or phone number to reach to them. It’s frustrating.

My visa office is Ghana. Thank you all
I guess it's a delay due to COVID. One of my friend applied for PR within Canada in June 2020 and he has not received any response yet.
So, just relax. You will get good news soon.

Reactions: Tels

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, I think Canada has no visa office in Nigeria to process such(i might be wrong). I've heard many people said they traveled to Ghana to obtain visa. This been said, I believe in the letter sent to you, there's should be some kind of hint where to submit. If no, I'll go for Ghana vfs since you claimed "Ghana" invited you to submit your son's passport.
If I may ask, when did you apply for your own pr and when did you apply for your son?

Reactions: Abtols

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
If I'm not mistaken, I think Canada has no visa office in Nigeria to process such(i might be wrong). I've heard many people said they traveled to Ghana to obtain visa. This been said, I believe in the letter sent to you, there's should be some kind of hint where to submit. If no, I'll go for Ghana vfs since you claimed "Ghana" invited you to submit your son's passport.
If I may ask, when did you apply for your own pr and when did you apply for your son?
Yes you are right.
I don't know if things are changing these days, the application of my dependent in Nigeria was transferred to Nairobi Kenya for processing instead of Ghana.
very strange.

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Yes you are right.
I don't know if things are changing these days, the application of my dependent in Nigeria was transferred to Nairobi Kenya for processing instead of Ghana.
very strange.
My family's applications was at a time also transferred to Naira, Kenya before it was moved back to South Africa. The first time I heard that from IRCC officer, I asked her if she wanted to mention "Nigeria" instead of "Nairobi"? She said no. I told her I am from Nigeria, though lived in South Africa before coming to Canada and I left my family in South Africa. I told her if she said "Nigeria", it'd have made sense to me.... So I called again the following week and was told the same that my family's applications were in Nairobi, that's how I accepted my fate

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
My family's applications was at a time also transferred to Naira, Kenya before it was moved back to South Africa. The first time I heard that from IRCC officer, I asked her if she wanted to mention "Nigeria" instead of "Nairobi"? She said no. I told her I am from Nigeria, though lived in South Africa before coming to Canada and I left my family in South Africa. I told her if she said "Nigeria", it'd have made sense to me.... So I called again the following week and was told the same that my family's applications were in Nairobi, that's how I accepted my fate
This is very strange and I don't think it make sense because if interview is required, it means my dependent will travel to Nairobi right?
Even when I submitted my dependent forms to Nairobi via webform, I got a response from them via email that Ghana is the processing office for applicant that resides in Nigeria.
I called IRCC to confirm if there was a mistake on the approval letter but I was told that Nairobi office had just received the right to process the application from IRCC...meaning Nairobi will process the application.
I am yet to receive any acknowledgement from Nairobi office confirming they are going to process the application.

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Receive my Gcms note today.
Last update August 2020
Criminality : in process
Security: not start
Eligibility : not start
Medical : passed- expired
I am May 2019 applicant

It's so frustrating! I feel desperate.
May i know where you are from and also your highest level of education?
For you it is so weird and unfair!!!
I wish they all were on our position and understand that how it is hard to pass every single minutes without knowing about the future!!!