+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Dominate

Apr 11, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I am the applicant, while my husband is the dependant back in Nigeria. He was requested to submit his forms and police report at VO Ghana. I just pray he doesn’t have to stay so long before they respond to his applications.
Same here too. My spouse and kids were asked to submit to Accra ghana office. I want to find out if it is OK to send via email/webform or via post ( DHL or ups)
I am also confused abt the form IMM0008 generic form. Are my kids who are below 18 also required to fill this form?

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Same here too. My spouse and kids were asked to submit to Accra ghana office. I want to find out if it is OK to send via email/webform or via post ( DHL or ups)
I am also confused abt the form IMM0008 generic form. Are my kids who are below 18 also required to fill this form?
Listen,
the easiest way to do this is via webform using your UCI number and Application number when submitting the documents....(they will generate a new application number and details for your dependent when next you hear from them)
just make sure you attach the approval letter on every batch of document you are submitting via the webform.
Also keep in mind when filling the forms that your spouse at this point will be the primary applicant and you will be the spouse (but not accompanying to canada...reason you live in Canada already)
For your kids below 18, only their names and information are required under the dependent accompanying applicant to Canada...They are not required to complete separate forms.

Reactions: Abtols

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Hello,
Any news from people submitted resume and travel history..
So frustrated....
Hi
Submitted my cv on December 17, 2020 and no news, no updates since that .
and by the way guys does anyone know how can I find my MP and if it’s really helpful? My application should be finalized in a month (23 months wait) but they haven’t even started a security. So I’m planing to contact MP in April once I reach 23 months of wait . But does it make any sense ?

• Sad
Reactions: Tamiou

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Hi
Submitted my cv on December 17, 2020 and no news, no updates since that .
and by the way guys does anyone know how can I find my MP and if it’s really helpful? My application should be finalized in a month (23 months wait) but they haven’t even started a security. So I’m planing to contact MP in April once I reach 23 months of wait . But does it make any sense ?
I am like you. Today I sent them a web form with a long letter asking why am i the one Coronavirus afect the most. They start my criminalitity 17 month ago,the last update was february 2020 when they ask me for my PCC ,since then it's still in progress. I tell them Coronavirus didn't delay my application,it stop it! Mine should be finilized in a month too. Idon't know if contacting my MP will change anything but i will do it. It's so unfair.

• Sad
Reactions: mimika

Lofftyloveth

Dec 11, 2019
For my spouse. He filled the forms and send them via DHL to VO Ghana. Then he just used the tracking number . After about a week it show delivered. Still waiting to hear from VO Ghana.

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
I am like you. Today I sent them a web form with a long letter asking why am i the one Coronavirus afect the most. They start my criminalitity 17 month ago,the last update was february 2020 when they ask me for my PCC ,since then it's still in progress. I tell them Coronavirus didn't delay my application,it stop it! Mine should be finilized in a month too. Idon't know if contacting my MP will change anything but i will do it. It's so unfair.
Were GCMS notes helpful in your case?
yea ... processing times always depend on many factors...unfair factors sometimes.
at least we are in canada, we can work and study... but yea this paper bureaucracy drives people crazy. I work in immigration law for 2,5 years already and I see this unfairness every day with my clients :( time after time being in the same boat with them is pretty funny :) the most understandable employee in a company lol :)

• Haha
Reactions: Tamiou

nwapapa

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
What is the difference between criminality and security check.

What does AIP mean?
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if: you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but. you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
I don't think a web form will help much! It takes at least 5 days to get acknowledgment from an agent, I recommend calling them if it's taking longer, an option that is not going to do much since your file is already transferred to a local office. But I think calling them by 8:00 am would be a better option - if you don't like waiting on the phone, there is an option to leave your number, an agent will call you (I always get a call in less than 20 minutes)!
Thank you Yessam I will try to connect them tomorrow morning

Reactions: Yessam07

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Were GCMS notes helpful in your case?
yea ... processing times always depend on many factors...unfair factors sometimes.
at least we are in canada, we can work and study... but yea this paper bureaucracy drives people crazy. I work in immigration law for 2,5 years already and I see this unfairness every day with my clients :( time after time being in the same boat with them is pretty funny :) the most understandable employee in a company lol :)
It's help a bit.
I have a better picture of what they have been doing with my application now.

I am tired of renewing everything every 2 months. Sometimes you want to change job but you can't because your work permit is expired.