+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Hi
Submitted my cv on December 17, 2020 and no news, no updates since that .
and by the way guys does anyone know how can I find my MP and if it’s really helpful? My application should be finalized in a month (23 months wait) but they haven’t even started a security. So I’m planing to contact MP in April once I reach 23 months of wait . But does it make any sense ?
The MP is helpful only to get your status from the IRCC - I asked my MP for help he just get the status of my application from I RCC a little quicker than me
you can find your MP by your postal code I am May 3,2019 applicant still waiting my MP said everything is passed but no update on my GC key only Medical pass , he said your security is in process and the last assessment it is frustrating but cant do anything other than waiting,

Please click on the link and enter your postal code and you will know who is your local MP.
https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

Reactions: mimika

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
@Yessam07 @Fadros to receive PDF or mail COPR should I wait or I can send them webform inquiry? GCKey key refer “ approved please see below “ how do I know either they forgot to attached ?
I did the same and I called them ( better than webform ) at least I have a human being on the line ( even if useless ). They told me they can't do anything except after 3 weeks. Only after that time they will send them a follow up.

Reactions: saidur and Yessam07

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I submitted mine around 45 days ago. I don’t know what to do... I want reunion with my kids and my wife.... nervous increasing day after day.
I really do not understand these amount of months to check our background Check!!!
If we had anything, how they could enter to Canada and got visa!
if we did anything wrong before, how they could approve us as protected person!!
honestly, what does it mean security and criminality? both of them same and could be done in a week!

I wish we could even know how long we have to wait more!!
it is really frustrating to check the profile every single hour!!

Reactions: Tamiou

Dominate

Apr 11, 2019
Listen,
the easiest way to do this is via webform using your UCI number and Application number when submitting the documents....(they will generate a new application number and details for your dependent when next you hear from them)
just make sure you attach the approval letter on every batch of document you are submitting via the webform.
Also keep in mind when filling the forms that your spouse at this point will be the primary applicant and you will be the spouse (but not accompanying to canada...reason you live in Canada already)
For your kids below 18, only their names and information are required under the dependent accompanying applicant to Canada...They are not required to complete separate forms.
Thank you so much for your response. Wud follow your advice

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
I really do not understand these amount of months to check our background Check!!!
If we had anything, how they could enter to Canada and got visa!
if we did anything wrong before, how they could approve us as protected person!!
honestly, what does it mean security and criminality? both of them same and could be done in a week!

I wish we could even know how long we have to wait more!!
it is really frustrating to check the profile every single hour!!
I agree with you! I have no idea why they do this step three times. They already checked it when we got the visa and again when we applied for protection and now again? We are still stuck here and unable to travel so there should be no change in our security or background. I wish this could wrap up very soon. Being away from kids for 6 years is like hell! Nobody hears our voice and nobody feels our pains, sadly! It is a small plastic card! OMG

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
I did the same and I called them ( better than webform ) at least I have a human being on the line ( even if useless ). They told me they can't do anything except after 3 weeks. Only after that time they will send them a follow up.
I also called them this morning and I asked the lady if they forgot to attach the COPR document, she told me she's not sure if they forgot to attach the document or not.
So followed up right away and left a message for Etobicoke local office on my behalf, reminding them to send me photo instructions.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
I also called them this morning and I asked the lady if they forgot to attach the COPR document, she told me she's not sure if they forgot to attach the document or not.
So followed up right away and left a message for Etobicoke local office on my behalf, reminding them to send me photo instructions.
I have just talked agent reg COPR documents he said it’s normal need 3 weeks if I still don’t receive within 26th March , I need to call them back on 29th March ..

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Alhamdulillah, I am a Permanent Resident.

My timeline is as below:
  • 5 September 2019 - Applied for PR
  • 13 December 2019 - Received AOR
  • 23 December 2019 - Application processing started
  • 24 December 2019 - Received Application Update E-mail (after which I could link my application to a portal account)
  • 6 September 2020 - Received request for Police Clearance Certificate (exactly after 1 year of application submission, may be it's just a co-incidence)
  • 8 September 2020 - Gave finger prints for RCMP PCC
  • 6 October 2020 - Mailed PCC from UK as I have lived there in the past
  • 16 December 2020 - AIP - Received a letter through email (not through portal) that I meet the eligibility requirements for PR
  • 2 February 2021 - Passed the medical exam (they have extended the medical exam they conducted when I claimed asylum)
  • 3 February 2021 - Ghost Update
  • 11 March 2021 - DM - Processing of Application Completed. Etobicoke IRCC will contact to finalize the application. (Received letter through GCKEY)
  • 18 March 2021 - Decision updated in GCKEY. CoPR details are mentioned there. No document attached. Did not receive email notification or anything. Timeline bar is 100% complete, whereas in the morning it was showing 5 Months remaining and bar is 80%.
Let's see when they send me the CoPR.

Andftoe

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020

My timeline is as below:
  • 24 December 2019 - Received Application Update E-mail (after which I could link my application to a portal account)
  • 6 September 2020 - Received request for Police Clearance Certificate (exactly after 1 year of application submission, may be it's just a co-incidence)
  • 16 December 2020 - AIP - Received a letter through email (not through portal) that I meet the eligibility requirements for PR
  • 2 February 2021 - Passed the medical exam (they have extended the medical exam they conducted when I claimed asylum)
  • 11 March 2021 - DM - Processing of Application Completed. Etobicoke IRCC will contact to finalize the application. (Received letter through GCKEY)
  • 18 March 2021 - Decision updated in GCKEY. CoPR details are mentioned there. No document attached. Did not receive email notification or anything. Timeline bar is 100% complete, whereas in the morning it was showing 5 Months remaining and bar is 80%.
I got DM same date. i'm just waiting for COPR or any update in GCKEY! Sometimes is frustrating.

Last edited:

Mysoul78

Jun 30, 2018

My timeline is as below:
Congratulations! I have been following you and you and my timeline so similar. Hope I’m next!!

Reactions: luckyrefugee

saidur

Dec 14, 2019

My timeline is as below:
Congratulations

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
The MP is helpful only to get your status from the IRCC - I asked my MP for help he just get the status of my application from I RCC a little quicker than me
you can find your MP by your postal code I am May 3,2019 applicant still waiting my MP said everything is passed but no update on my GC key only Medical pass , he said your security is in process and the last assessment it is frustrating but cant do anything other than waiting,

Please click on the link and enter your postal code and you will know who is your local MP.
https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en
Thank you very much :)

Reactions: Khan5696