+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Guys, In December they send Eligibility passed and March 2 Approval letter ( mentioned processing completed ) what should I expect from Etobicoke office DM or COPR?

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
So for anyone who's looking forward to getting their seized passport back ( @Spogmey, @Armaani , @Cona ), I found an email that's only for Etobicoke branch, found it on IRCC Twitter, the email is: Etobicoke-CIC-APR@cic.gc.ca. I got a final reply from them:

Thank you for your inquiry on the return of your identity documents. IRCC is currently facing a reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, all in-person services have been suspended during this period. Passports are unable to be returned by mail as clients are required to sign the original seizure form, and officers must confirm the identity of the person receiving the document.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide an estimated timeline as to when operations will resume.

Thank you for your patience.

So basically no seized passports back until they open. They can't send it by mail because need to sign a form. Any useless webform agent who told us to send a letter is just BS.

Have a great day everyone!

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
So for anyone who's looking forward to getting their seized passport back ( @Spogmey, @Armaani , @Cona ), I found an email that's only for Etobicoke branch, found it on IRCC Twitter, the email is: Etobicoke-CIC-APR@cic.gc.ca. I got a final reply from them:

Thank you for your inquiry on the return of your identity documents. IRCC is currently facing a reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, all in-person services have been suspended during this period. Passports are unable to be returned by mail as clients are required to sign the original seizure form, and officers must confirm the identity of the person receiving the document.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide an estimated timeline as to when operations will resume.

Thank you for your patience.

So basically no seized passports back until they open. They can't send it by mail because need to sign a form. Any useless webform agent who told us to send a letter is just BS.

Have a great day everyone!
@Fadros thats very informative! Thanks by the way May I know your experience after DM how long it may take Etobicoke to send COPR ?

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Hi @saidur ,

I did not get DM on time. I got DM and CoPR on same day, however on the DM letter it was written on it 3rd of February. so yes, probably the officer forgot to send DM, but in my case DM was 3rd of February and COPR 24th of February ( 3 weeks ). 5 days later, I received the CoPR pdf.

Some people get Copr one day after DM, and some people as well get the pdf same day as COPR, I would say you will receive everything this month.

I hope you get portal though, because you will get card in 2-3 weeks after copr. If your copr is via email and they asked you to send photos via regular mail, your card will rake 6-9 months. anyway, it's not important, once you get copr you become a permanent resident and you can change your sin number. If you want to travel, get a travel document if card is delayed.

Best of Luck @saidur I hope you see your family soon. God Bless.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Hi @saidur ,

I did not get DM on time. I got DM and CoPR on same day, however on the DM letter it was written on it 3rd of February. so yes, probably the officer forgot to send DM, but in my case DM was 3rd of February and COPR 24th of February ( 3 weeks ). 5 days later, I received the CoPR pdf.

Some people get Copr one day after DM, and some people as well get the pdf same day as COPR, I would say you will receive everything this month.

I hope you get portal though, because you will get card in 2-3 weeks after copr. If your copr is via email and they asked you to send photos via regular mail, your card will rake 6-9 months. anyway, it's not important, once you get copr you become a permanent resident and you can change your sin number. If you want to travel, get a travel document if card is delayed.

Best of Luck @saidur I hope you see your family soon. God Bless.
@Fadros thank you so much for the details . I am really concern about COPR that my days count towards citizenship requirements... card sooner or later I will get ... yes vital is how fast VO Singapore will process my dependent file as they already received file 4th January so far no response or even acknowledgement

Reactions: Altamsh and Fadros