+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
In my opinion, I think you should wait for DM. Unless required, Additional documents at this stage will impact your application timeline and processing.
The birth certificate and necessary civil documents of your dependent would be stated and required for submission in the Approval Letter when you get DM.
So...right now, submitting Birth certificate of dependent wouldn't change anything because it doesn't relate with your own application.
I am totally agree this is what i was thinking when i ask my MP he also send me the following he received from IRCC,

We received the following update from IRCC:
  • For the applicants in Canada, the eligibility is passed and Crim (1 PA and 2 dependents). The medicals are passed. Security is in Progress and the only remaining assessment.
  • The assessments for the 4 dependents outside Canada will begin once the PA (Naseer) receives PR. The file then will be transferred to the office in London
  • For the dependents outside of Canada IRCC is requesting to provide translated birth certificate

I am totally confuse what to do i have my dependents Birth certificate on hand is anyone in same situation?

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
I have question about medical exam.do I need to take another medical exam apart from the first one?
Thank you for reply me
If you did medical when you applied than i think nothing to worry for most of the people the extended the previous one time -for me same they updated my file on Jan 10 that i passed medical

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
When do they actually start the security process? Do they start after they get the results from their partners i.e CSIS? I’ve passed everything but they still have not started security as per my call last week. This is frustrating it has been 22 months since I applied now

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
If you did medical when you applied than i think nothing to worry for most of the people the extended the previous one time -for me same they updated my file on Jan 10 that i passed medical
Medical request depend on case worker, we three friends applied together same date 2 friends medical of work permit extended but for me had to done it 2nd time ...

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
When do they actually start the security process? Do they start after they get the results from their partners i.e CSIS? I’ve passed everything but they still have not started security as per my call last week. This is frustrating it has been 22 months since I applied now
See the online version of the CBSA manual as to how security is done, it's a searchable document so you can search and you will see the relevant section of the manual as well, see https://bit.ly/3mqHP5I

Reactions: Help2 and Altamsh

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Medical passed automatically by the system. No, they did not ask for my resume.
I know they automatically pass Medical for everyone.
But in your GCkey could be seen the exact time they passed it.
Because after passing medical, they start background check and I want to know how long it takes normally.

Thanks

Cona

Jan 14, 2021
So for anyone who's looking forward to getting their seized passport back ( @Spogmey, @Armaani , @Cona ), I found an email that's only for Etobicoke branch, found it on IRCC Twitter, the email is: Etobicoke-CIC-APR@cic.gc.ca. I got a final reply from them:

Thank you for your inquiry on the return of your identity documents. IRCC is currently facing a reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, all in-person services have been suspended during this period. Passports are unable to be returned by mail as clients are required to sign the original seizure form, and officers must confirm the identity of the person receiving the document.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide an estimated timeline as to when operations will resume.

Thank you for your patience.

So basically no seized passports back until they open. They can't send it by mail because need to sign a form. Any useless webform agent who told us to send a letter is just BS.

Have a great day everyone!
Thank you sooo much fardos atleast you followed up and got any right answer.appricated ✅ let's wait for time to open of said DEPT.

Reactions: Fadros

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
So for anyone who's looking forward to getting their seized passport back ( @Spogmey, @Armaani , @Cona ), I found an email that's only for Etobicoke branch, found it on IRCC Twitter, the email is: Etobicoke-CIC-APR@cic.gc.ca. I got a final reply from them:

Thank you for your inquiry on the return of your identity documents. IRCC is currently facing a reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, all in-person services have been suspended during this period. Passports are unable to be returned by mail as clients are required to sign the original seizure form, and officers must confirm the identity of the person receiving the document.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide an estimated timeline as to when operations will resume.

Thank you for your patience.

So basically no seized passports back until they open. They can't send it by mail because need to sign a form. Any useless webform agent who told us to send a letter is just BS.

Have a great day everyone!
All call center agents are useless. I remember reading an article about CRA agents too who were useless and giving wrong information to people. I don't blame the agents because call centers training method is usually the same : put the agent online without actual training because they would learn while working!

Ugh anyway, we have nothing but to wait then

Reactions: Fadros

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
I am totally agree this is what i was thinking when i ask my MP he also send me the following he received from IRCC,

We received the following update from IRCC:
  • For the applicants in Canada, the eligibility is passed and Crim (1 PA and 2 dependents). The medicals are passed. Security is in Progress and the only remaining assessment.
  • The assessments for the 4 dependents outside Canada will begin once the PA (Naseer) receives PR. The file then will be transferred to the office in London
  • For the dependents outside of Canada IRCC is requesting to provide translated birth certificate

I am totally confuse what to do i have my dependents Birth certificate on hand is anyone in same situation?
If this is what it is, then I would like to say that you should send to them the translated copy of your dependent Birth certificate via web form.
Reason is that, on the Approval letter, there is need for them to Indicate and mention the names of your dependents and their date of birth.
But however, I also believe that you have provided the Birth dates of your dependent on your PR application forms.

This request is so unreasonable to me because it doesn't apply to your application.

a00900

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know what a "Pre-Arrival Service Letter" actually mean in terms of the processing of a PR application?