+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Is it true guys? that after receiving a DM, they won't update or send you COPR until you have the application of your dependent outside of Canada submitted to the visa office responsible for the processing as stated in the Approval letter?

Question for those with family member outside of Canada.

Reactions: Altamsh

Mehrabansara

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
Guys, today I called IRCC and they told me that my eligibility, medical and criminality have been passed and the only remain one is my background check.
I already submitted my resume a month ago.
Does anyone have any idea how long I need to wait more?

Thanks
What is the resume?

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Is your work permit already expired? If so, that could be the reason. I applied 3 months before my WP's expiration date!
Yes it expired already, i sent a paper application today, will see what happens. It says 77 days for processing time both online and paper on cic website.

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
I just don't know how to link my account to GCkey .can someone help me?
if you have your application number you can do that in your gc key account very simple. There is a link at bottom of your profile page says " link an application to your account" Application number is on letter that ircc sends to let u know they have received your application.

Mehrabansara

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
if you have your application number you can do that in your gc key account very simple. There is a link at bottom of your profile page says " link an application to your account" Application number is on letter that ircc sends to let u know they have received your application.
Thanks for reply.
I did it many times then the account got barred I think for 24 hours .
I don't know what else to do ?

Mehrabansara

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
Thanks for reply.
I did it many times then the account got barred I think for 24 hours .
I don't know what else to do ?
I am checking my account through website my status from prosseccing turned to application received and the last email I received was “eligibility” do you know where I am ?

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Is it true guys? that after receiving a DM, they won't update or send you COPR until you have the application of your dependent outside of Canada submitted to the visa office responsible for the processing as stated in the Approval letter?

Very good question - I don't have DM when I call IRCC they requested me to submit birth certificates for your dependents but in my file I don't have any request - is it normal or I should wait for request

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Very good question - I don't have DM when I call IRCC they requested me to submit birth certificates for your dependents but in my file I don't have any request - is it normal or I should wait for request
In my opinion, I think you should wait for DM. Unless required, Additional documents at this stage will impact your application timeline and processing.
The birth certificate and necessary civil documents of your dependent would be stated and required for submission in the Approval Letter when you get DM.
So...right now, submitting Birth certificate of dependent wouldn't change anything because it doesn't relate with your own application.

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018

Not true! The priority for IRCC is to process and cloz the application of the primary applicant, if u dont send documents asked for dependants outside canada they will just refuse their application at the end! But its 100% clear nothing can stopp IRCC for completing the process and give COPR for primary applicant

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Not true! The priority for IRCC is to process and cloz the application of the primary applicant, if u dont send documents asked for dependants outside canada they will just refuse their application at the end! But its 100% clear nothing can stopp IRCC for completing the process and give COPR for primary applicant
Correct!
Bless you!

Reactions: mugere

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Thank you for the answer
I just want to know what does mean “application received” at my status
Actually I couldn't access to my gckey in spite of many attempts .thats why I don't know where I am exactly and what should I wait for.
When ur application status change to in process u normally can link ur application to gckey account. That what happened to me