+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
Hello guys can anyone please tell me . I received an update today in my gckey account . When I checked it , it was invitation pre arrival letter . Idk why did they send that cz im inland protected person .

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020
So for anyone who's looking forward to getting their seized passport back ( @Spogmey, @Armaani , @Cona ), I found an email that's only for Etobicoke branch, found it on IRCC Twitter, the email is: Etobicoke-CIC-APR@cic.gc.ca. I got a final reply from them:

Thank you for your inquiry on the return of your identity documents. IRCC is currently facing a reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, all in-person services have been suspended during this period. Passports are unable to be returned by mail as clients are required to sign the original seizure form, and officers must confirm the identity of the person receiving the document.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide an estimated timeline as to when operations will resume.

Thank you for your patience.

So basically no seized passports back until they open. They can't send it by mail because need to sign a form. Any useless webform agent who told us to send a letter is just BS.

Have a great day everyone!
Thanks for this update. Means alot

• Love
Reactions: Fadros

a00900

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Thanks for the reply, what do you mean by PCC?
police clearance certificates from countries you've lived in for more than 6 months since the age of 18. It's basically a certificate that says you're of good character.

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
If this is what it is, then I would like to say that you should send to them the translated copy of your dependent Birth certificate via web form.
Reason is that, on the Approval letter, there is need for them to Indicate and mention the names of your dependents and their date of birth.
But however, I also believe that you have provided the Birth dates of your dependent on your PR application forms.

This request is so unreasonable to me because it doesn't apply to your application.
Yes dear you are right
I also the agent told me everything is passed only security check is in proccess

Reactions: Chrislo77

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Hi Team,
CIc requested my resume, is it a good sign ?

Thanks for your replies
They do it pretty often. Nothing to worry about. Just a part of procedure for many applicants. Means that they process your file and you’re moving forward to your PR :)

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Thanks so very much for the reply, highly valued!
Just wait a little :) I don’t know your timeline. But I submitted my resume in mid December and still waiting. I saw that some people from this forum got their DM very shortly after they submitted resume. Wish you to get your decision soon :)

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
Hello guys can anyone please tell me . I received an update today in my gckey account . When I checked it , it was invitation pre arrival letter . Idk why did they send that cz im inland protected person .
Can any one please reply !!

Hello guys can anyone please tell me . I received an update today in my gckey account . When I checked it , it was invitation pre arrival letter . Idk why did they send that cz im inland protected person, i dnt have dependent overseas. I hv only received AOR in Dec 2020 . And now this letter .
Im dec 2019 applicant.

Reactions: Robrob