+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hahaha. Right. I know the progression bar is useless. But since I check my application status every hour I noticed that
Believe me or not, I check it too. But I do no care about the bar!
it is really unfair progress.
They should respect people and do FIFO(First IN First out).
it is the reason we are getting so much stress, because we have no idea when exactly our procedure will be done!!!

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Believe me or not, I check it too. But I do no care about the bar!
it is really unfair progress.
They should respect people and do FIFO(First IN First out).
it is the reason we are getting so much stress, because we have no idea when exactly our procedure will be done!!!
Agreed with you April 19 applicant and December 19 applicant status is same

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Okay. It was like 2weeks interval from the time of COPR upload on gckey (it was even emailed initially) to photos request. I haven't received PR card yet so fingers crossed.
When did you apply apply for PR card? I am on the same boat, IRCC received my COPR and photo on February 9th and no news yet.

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
45 days left

Criminality start...
And that's all
May 2019 applicant

I may take a break from this forum because it's so frustrating seeing people from 2020 got DM when you feel like no one is working on your case.

Reactions: Karo12345

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
45 days left

Criminality start...
And that's all
May 2019 applicant

I may take a break from this forum because it's so frustrating seeing people from 2020 got DM when you feel like no one is working on your case.
my background check was started 40 days ago and no updates for my last and frustrating procedure. :(

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I think it's about where you applied. You're in Edmonton, so am I. Your pr approval took a long time, so was mine. You applied for pr card few weeks before me, yet you've not received it. I applied for pr card in September, 2020, till now, nothing. I called cic last week and was told that I passed the eligibility to receive pr card, only to be posted to me left. I laughed at myself that what kind of people are these? If I wasn't eligible, why would I apply in the first place? You're telling I passed "eligibility", so I must start jumping up,right? Lol. My family (dependents) is overseas that I applied for the pr since October, 2020 that I've not heard anything from their vo except acknowledgement receipt in November after so many messages I wrote to them to acknowledge... You didn't tell me they'd passed eligibility, you telling me I passed eligibility to receive pr card. Nonsense!
Today I called them and that agent said the card prints were stoped in Feb. She sends them a message to see what is going on.
Today I sent them a very angry message in Webform.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Guys, there is something that I think I observed. I've been on this website extensively the last couple of months, reading thousands of posts ( Lockdown helped in that ) and I observed that the COPR validity shows if you gonna receive the card really fast ( new system ) or really slow ( old system).

When my mother received her COPR on 11th of January 2021, the document validity was ONE MONTH. It was mentioned on the document that the expiry date is 12th of February. She got her card on 1st of February. I noticed that some other COPRs are valid for ONE YEAR. I think that when you have a validity of one year they don't send you the card as fast. We have @Yuki.03 @Armaani who received their cards as fast as my mother ( 10 days - 3 weeks ) while @Jalalcananda and @Kaisa_18 has been waiting 3-6 months and the reason I guess why is that their COPR is valid for one year I guess.
@Jalalcananda and @Kaisa_18 can you please confirm your COPR validity? I bet it's a year for sure, right?
The reason I'm mentioning this is that I guess that your COPR validity will control how fast you will receive the card.
For sure the COPR can't expire while you haven't received card.

Just for your information, my mother and@Yuki.03 got their COPR and Card via Portal, while @Armaani sent the pic via mail. All of them got it in a matter of days. Portal or Mail doesn't say anything, it's the COPR validity :cool:
good point.
My COPR validity is 9 months.
Still waitingg

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
about 6 months before, I asked everyone who is in this forums to be united and make a group defending all protected person and the nonsense procedure which is humiliating most of us!

All of us applied for refugee claimant and thought in Canada, we would not see all these kind of stuffs we see everyday in our country.
we guessed in Canada, human rights is easily feasible.

It is really right and fair, most of us spend hours in this forums, checking our profile several times a day and worry about even receiving PR card after almost 2 years!! is it really meaning of human rights?

if we had some kind of formation and they could really hear our voice, our anxiety, our pressure during these times, lots of things could be changed.

Unfortunately, none of us would like to sacrifice our time for other people want to apply in future.

I guess during these 2 years and bearing these pressures we suffered, our life is going to be shortened.

you have to wait 2 years to receive COPR!!!
you have to wait another year to receive PR card which could be printed in a second!!!

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
about 6 months before, I asked everyone who is in this forums to be united and make a group defending all protected person and the nonsense procedure which is humiliating most of us!

All of us applied for refugee claimant and thought in Canada, we would not see all these kind of stuffs we see everyday in our country.
we guessed in Canada, human rights is easily feasible.

It is really right and fair, most of us spend hours in this forums, checking our profile several times a day and worry about even receiving PR card after almost 2 years!! is it really meaning of human rights?

if we had some kind of formation and they could really hear our voice, our anxiety, our pressure during these times, lots of things could be changed.

Unfortunately, none of us would like to sacrifice our time for other people want to apply in future.

I guess during these 2 years and bearing these pressures we suffered, our life is going to be shortened.

you have to wait 2 years to receive COPR!!!
you have to wait another year to receive PR card which could be printed in a second!!!
I have seen people here waiting since 2018. I have a friend who receive COPR July 2020 she is still waiting for this plastic card.
They don't care about our situation. I wonder how much time you need to check someone's background when you have a computer and access to all information.