+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Congratulations! So happy for you. You have been so helpful to everyone. God heard all prayers. Good luck with everything you do in your life!
guys, does anyone have experience of receiving AIP twice with different date of letter?
I have the same. One December 21 and the second one is Feb 22. On Feb 22 AIP it says my overseas dependents proceed with London IRCC Office.

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I have the same. One December 21 and the second one is Feb 22. On Feb 22 AIP it says my overseas dependents proceed with London IRCC Office.
Do you have dependent outside Canada?
I do not have any dependant outside of Canada.
For me both of them are same with different date.

Have you received DM?
May I know your timeline?

Thanks

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
@Fadros any good news? Haha
haha nothing. To be honest with you @Spogmey I don't care anymore. All I care about is to extend my travel document as I have an essential reason to travel and I will use the NOD ( Notice of Decision ) to renew it. anybody here attempted to renew their travel document recently?
@Spogmey I'll for sure let you know if I receive it though!

Last edited:

zainghazi

Sep 4, 2019
London On
Question from my friend: he becomes a permanent resident under protect person program and his overseas dependents have received CORP and PRV (permanent Resident Visas) on their passports alongside a letter that says:
"They cannot travel to Canada at this time to become a permanent resident "
Does anyone have the same experience? are dependents allowed to enter Canada?

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
haha nothing. To be honest with you @Spogmey I don't care anymore. All I care about is to extend my travel document as I have an essential reason to travel and I will use the NOD ( Notice of Decision ) to renew it. anybody here attempted to renew their travel document recently?
Pls keep us posted how many year validity it was renewed for if you use NOD. Good luck!

Reactions: Fadros

Waiting-18

Aug 23, 2020
as i know you can't extend or renew it, you have to apply for new one

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Pls keep us posted how many year validity it was renewed for if you use NOD. Good luck!
According to my research, when you apply with NOD or COPR you get two years, if you apply with card you get five years. it's a stupid system because I'm a permanent resident now and I can't have it for 5 years because I don't have this stupid piece of plastic. When it comes to RTD, Copr is worth nothing. Although it means you're a permanent resident, when it comes to leaving/ arriving to the country you are dealt with as if you're not a permanent resident. You become a permanent resident, yet you can't be treated as one because of a stupid piece of plastic. Before you get this card, they don't consider you a permanent resident of Canada in world airports. Copr pdf is ONLY for you to change your sin, even if you planning to settle here, you add to your citizenship days without Copr . Otherwise, when it comes to travel, you're still a refugee. I'm REALLY shocked at this system and this third world country - like bureaucracy , but I always remind myself that I came here to save my life and they accepted me so no complaints.

Last edited:

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
as i know you can't extend or renew it, you have to apply for new one
Renewing or extending is basically applying for a new one. the reason it's called renewal is that it's not the first time you apply. according to their website, RTD application are suspended for everyone EXCEPT if you can prove an essential reason to travel, like a funeral, surgery....etc.

Reactions: Waiting-18

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
@Spogmey I'll for sure let you know if I receive it though!
I just want to change my sin number as soon as possible