+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
@Fadros congratulations happy for you. Yes I just received on my email but without e-portal
Yes. It is very strange that this COPR looks completely different from the one my mother received in January. This looks just like a letter, my mother's document looked like an ID with details. For example, this one has no expiry date written on it. The expiry date is only on GCKEY. Well thank God anyway but they mentioned in my letter that there will be delays to get the card lol. Shame we didn't;t get portal. Card would have been so fast.

@Spogmey Did you get the same letter, Copr and photo instructions all in ONE pdf?

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Yes. It is very strange that this COPR looks completely different from the one my mother received in January. This looks just like a letter, my mother's document looked like an ID with details. For example, this one has no expiry date written on it. The expiry date is only on GCKEY. Well thank God anyway but they mentioned in my letter that there will be delays to get the card lol. Shame we didn't;t get portal. Card would have been so fast.

@Spogmey Did you get the same letter, Copr and photo instructions all in ONE pdf?
@Fadros exactly the same description but it's mentioned valid for one year in the description and in the GCKEY it's for 10 months ... anyhow let's follow the instructions and apply for PR card as soon as possible...haha ... today they are not sending e-portal so let's apply as instructed haha
@Fadros once again congratulations and good luck for further process

• Love
Reactions: Fadros

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
@Fadros exactly the same description but it's mentioned valid for one year in the description and in the GCKEY it's for 10 months ... anyhow let's follow the instructions and apply for PR card as soon as possible...haha ... today they are not sending e-portal so let's apply as instructed haha
@Fadros once again congratulations and good luck for further process
It's funny how it has two validity dates, one in GCKEY and other on pdf lol. These guys are a mess :D

Reactions: Spogmey

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Oh guys, Just got a ghost update in my profile ( I think its already the third one). I really hope that its a good news, not just a glitch. By Friday 8 am IRCC still hasn't started my security. So I really hope its a good sign :)
I really hope it’s a good sign for you! I called them last week Thursday and they said security hasn’t started too . I didn’t get a ghost update today though. May 7th still waiting for something . Will keep you updated

Reactions: mimika and Tamiou

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
I really hope it’s a good sign for you! I called them last week Thursday and they said security hasn’t started too . I didn’t get a ghost update today though. May 7th still waiting for something . Will keep you updated
I’m May 23:) yea let’s stay in touch :)

Reactions: Altamsh

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
But how long does it take to get the COPR after DM?
I have not received anything about COPR since February 17 that I got DM.
My work permit expires in 40days time, I'm not sure if I should wait for COPR to change my SIN or I should just go ahead and apply for the Work permit extension.

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
My work permit expires in 40days time, I'm not sure if I should wait for COPR to change my SIN or I should just go ahead and apply for the Work permit extension.
I think wait for COPR , soon you will receive it

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
I think you should apply for work permit ext as it may take sometime - if your status change you will not loose anything.
"It is my opinion"