+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
I received a certified true copy, I think they send the original to the lawyers address. I did not bother about it as certified copy holds the same weight as the original.
My only concern with True copies that they're dated (certified on x date) and I had an issue before with the municipal authority as they wanted me to get a newer true copy. So if I can have the orginal of NOD it would be better for future use.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
My only concern with True copies that they're dated (certified on x date) and I had an issue before with the municipal authority as they wanted me to get a newer true copy. So if I can have the orginal of NOD it would be better for future use.
You are right it can be an issue, I suggest you should ask your lawyer or IRB.

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I received the approval letter today, it states:
"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents."
Did anybody receive such a letter? Do they require us to visit the Etobicoke office physically or will it be a virtual meeting?
Congratualtion.
May I know your timeline?

Reactions: saidur

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
@Spogmey I'll do a couple of tries and definitely will let you know the outcome. My mother already sent a letter a month ago as they mentioned in the webform but nothing yet to happen. I may go to Etobicoke, I know they are closed, I'll just go there and test the waters.
Okey Thank you so much

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Alhumdulillah by the grace of almighty Allah (God) today I have received Approval latter on my GCKey with email notification.

“This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity doc

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Alhumdulillah by the grace of almighty Allah (God) today I have received Approval latter on my GCKey with email notification.

“This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity doc
Congratulations @saidur

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018

Congs!

Help2

Nov 16, 2020

Congratulations man !! Inshallah we are next! May 7th still waiting

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Hello everyone ım new to this forum. ı have a question that my open work permit has expired also my national passport expired too, so the system doesnt allow me to make an application with expired passport validity date. How can i renew my work permit ? ım waiting for a desicion PR. does anyone experienced something like this ?

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hello everyone ım new to this forum. ı have a question that my open work permit has expired also my national passport expired too, so the system doesnt allow me to make an application with expired passport validity date. How can i renew my work permit ? ım waiting for a desicion PR. does anyone experienced something like this ?
I did make an application and my passport was expired (Applied to renew in October 2020 and my passport expired in August 2020). What I did, I put that day's date and explained in one of the fields that my passport was expired and I couldn't fill in the information!

Reactions: Newcomer87

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Do you have dependent outside Canada?
I do not have any dependant outside of Canada.
For me both of them are same with different date.

Have you received DM?
May I know your timeline?

Thanks
One of my child is my dependent here, second was born here and my husband is outside dependent.i did not get dm yet. Im oct 2, 2019. request Police certificate and finger print Sept 28. December 21 eligibility for myself and again Feb 22 another eligibility got where it says i am elibible and can send my husband forms and police certificate to London Office now. Timeline shows 71%. Still waiting.

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
I did make an application and my passport was expired (Applied to renew in October 2020 and my passport expired in August 2020). What I did, I put that day's date and explained in one of the fields that my passport was expired and I couldn't fill in the information!
Thank you very much for this information. so you have your new permit without any problem then ı assume. ı will do the same way.

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Did you put the information on application form ( one of blank spaces ) or in a seperate page ?

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
I called .
The IRCC agent was sorry for me. There is no update since August 2020 when the agent left a note about my medical that expire( more than a year) and update my biometric.
They ask me for PCC February 2020 and since then they only start criminality.
I even sent a web form

Here was the answer :

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
hopefully our application move to next step soon it is frustrating - Do you have dependents outside Canada