+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Oh guys, Just got a ghost update in my profile ( I think its already the third one). I really hope that its a good news, not just a glitch. By Friday 8 am IRCC still hasn't started my security. So I really hope its a good sign :)
I am March 2019 applicant.
AIP. Nov 16th.
I am calling them every friday from the past 3 weeks. And they are saying Everything pass BUT,,, Security hasn't started yet.
Overseas dependents documents sent to london visa office. Delivered on 18th Jan. But no confirmation from there yet.

• Sad
Reactions: mimika and saidur

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
@Fadros the next question is how to get passport now? Haha
@Spogmey I'll do a couple of tries and definitely will let you know the outcome. My mother already sent a letter a month ago as they mentioned in the webform but nothing yet to happen. I may go to Etobicoke, I know they are closed, I'll just go there and test the waters.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hello everyone, hope you all doing great, I just got an Update in my CIC Account that Medical Passed on March 1st 2021 , I got AIP Eligibility letter around 3 weeks ago.
Any Idea how long it's gonna take to complete the Process.

My Timeline is
PR Package sent in first week of : OCTOBER 2019
Acknowledgement : FEB 2020
RCMP Letter : 28th SEPTEMBER 2020
AIP : First week of FEB 2021
Medical Update : March 1st 2021

Last edited:

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Almost like me
May 16
Waiting for medical as well.
Did you ever try to contact IRCC or your local MP - I contact my Local MP he requested status of my application than I also called IRCC - few days back to make sure I have the right answer IRCC agent told me.
1. Eligibility passed for the PA applicant
2. Background and other assessments are completed
3. Security check in process and the last step for PA applicant
4. Once PR received overseas dependents application will be transfer to London Visa office
5. He also requested birth certificates of my overseas kids- but I don't have any request or email

None of the above is updated in my Gckey the only update is -Medical pass Jan 10,2021

hopefully we receive good news soon.

Faghafar

Feb 19, 2020
The time bar is not really accurate some people applications were finalized they got their PR but everything was still showing in process , I believe if everything is done than it wont take long , as per my understanding only security check is time consuming and it takes long for some people including me , I am sure soon you will reply back with good news:)
Thanks. I hope it happens soon for all of us.

Reactions: Khan5696

Keliwal

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
I received the approval letter today, it states:
"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents."
Did anybody receive such a letter? Do they require us to visit the Etobicoke office physically or will it be a virtual meeting?

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Did you ever try to contact IRCC or your local MP - I contact my Local MP he requested status of my application than I also called IRCC - few days back to make sure I have the right answer IRCC agent told me.
1. Eligibility passed for the PA applicant
2. Background and other assessments are completed
3. Security check in process and the last step for PA applicant
4. Once PR received overseas dependents application will be transfer to London Visa office
5. He also requested birth certificates of my overseas kids- but I don't have any request or email

None of the above is updated in my Gckey the only update is -Medical pass Jan 10,2021

hopefully we receive good news soon.
I called .
The IRCC agent was sorry for me. There is no update since August 2020 when the agent left a note about my medical that expire( more than a year) and update my biometric.
They ask me for PCC February 2020 and since then they only start criminality.
I even sent a web form

Here was the answer :

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
* Not a PR question*

Is your NOD original or did you get a TRUE COPY from IRB? I'm not sure if they had sent the original to my lawyer address to get it from there or if they usually just send a true copy and keep the orginal in our file?

Reactions: mehranjadoon

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
* Not a PR question*

Is your NOD original or did you get a TRUE COPY from IRB? I'm not sure if they had sent the original to my lawyer address to get it from there or they just sent a true copy and kept the orginal in our file?
I received a certified true copy, I think they send the original to the lawyers address. I did not bother about it as certified copy holds the same weight as the original.

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
I received a certified true copy, I think they send the original to the lawyers address. I did not bother about it as certified copy holds the same weight as the original.
I wonder what about people without a representative, did they get a true copy as well?

Reactions: mehranjadoon