+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Same, they might ask us for second medical? What do you think? If they ask for second medical it might delay
I personally think they will ask us for new medicals. Mine is really outdated (was done in March 2018).
But I don't think it will delay the process for us. I mean they will try to adjust us within 22-24 months processing time (with or without new medical).
But I am just speaking logically. However, things totally depend on our luck and on the officer.
Been there done that! Some officers are efficient, active, like to get things off their plate. Others could be lazy, laid back, (with no bad intention and without realizing what other people go through). For them, it's their daily routine job.

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Im really frustrated, Im a Dec 2018 applicant and my first medical result expired in Jan 2020 and its not extended, instead I just received request to re do the medical examination on Sep 3rd 2020, I have done the medical and submitted in Sep 17th and no updates yet on file. Does this mean that I will have to wait a while ?
It seems we are in similar situation. I has asked to give my first medical for PR on September 1, 2020 and gave the medical on September 4, 2020. It has been almost 2.5 weeks and nothing yet. I am hoping to hear from them this week. At least hoping to get Medical result received message this week.

As @imissmylove suggests; every officer is different. Some of them request medical early some of them later. Some of them extend your medical in order to finalise your your PR. That happened to me. My medical extended because my security and background has been completed. But then COVID 19 hit.

If your background and security check has been completed; you will get medical result received and AIP and COPR one after another.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Only one, at the time of claiming for refugee protection. PR applied in March 2019 and no medical request ever since.
Overall you had two i guess. When appling for refugee and the time when to apply Pr you medical was expired and they asked renew it.
Same as mine. I was asked last September and waiting what they will ask. Hope for the best. Soon time ours also come

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Same, they might ask us for second medical? What do you think? If they ask for second medical it might delay
If your medical is too told and you have not got any medical request, expect new medical request message. Because the medical you had given for Refugee Claim is valid for 1 year and officer may extend that 1 more year (if the officer believe that is the final thing for you to get decision). That happened to me; medical extended one more year but they could not extend it one more time because IRCC policy did not allow it.

Reactions: Onetv1

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hello people! It's really nice to see how so many people have got their PR status in these few months! :)

I just wanted to ask how many of you received their PR card, I am still waiting for mine and I became PR since late June 2020.

Anybody else in my same time who is waiting/received card?

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
It seems we are in similar situation. I has asked to give my first medical for PR on September 1, 2020 and gave the medical on September 4, 2020. It has been almost 2.5 weeks and nothing yet. I am hoping to hear from them this week. At least hoping to get Medical result received message this week.

As @imissmylove suggests; every officer is different. Some of them request medical early some of them later. Some of them extend your medical in order to finalise your your PR. That happened to me. My medical extended because my security and background has been completed. But then COVID 19 hit.

If your background and security check has been completed; you will get medical result received and AIP and COPR one after another.
You will get ur COPR in mid october since they have asked you for medical this late it means they are working on your file my best guess is you will get in in 4 weeks time
Goodluck

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Overall you had two i guess. When appling for refugee and the time when to apply Pr you medical was expired and they asked renew it.
Same as mine. I was asked last September and waiting what they will ask. Hope for the best. Soon time ours also come
Yes, you can count two if we speak about the extension of it by the IRCC. However, one medical checkup physically. That's correct!

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
I wonder why are there delays in some cases? :-(
Some of them have received medical requests for the second time and after medical nothing yet. That’s why I was wondering if they require medical for the second time there might be delay and it will take a little bit longer.

Reactions: KatbiyaNazi

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Some of them have received medical requests for the second time and after medical nothing yet. That’s why I was wondering if they require medical for the second time there might be delay and it will take a little bit longer.
Makes sense. I think they will ask for medical from us as our last medical is over 2 years' old now. But as long as things are processing, it's good. I will be surprised if cases are pending without any progress at all. Hope for the best for all of us!!!

Reactions: Onetv1

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Makes sense. I think they will ask for medical from us as our last medical is over 2 years' old now. But as long as things are processing, it's good. I will be surprised if cases are pending without any progress at all. Hope for the best for all of us!!!
Most of the 2019 applicants have done only one medical. Now let’s see how it works

• Love
Reactions: KatbiyaNazi