+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Great! Almost done!

Did your overseas dependents receive any correspondence for addtitional documents such as police certifiacte and etc so far?
No I’m the only applicant I don’t have dependents, but I received that Email last year on August

CYOW

Jun 6, 2023
Hi @CYOW

In your note there is a line for Info sharing. I think it is related to third country. Did you lived in any country except your home country for more than six months?

Thanks

No, I have been living in Canada for the past 14 years. I have attended school and I have never been to the police station. I have had only one speeding ticket in the past 14 years.

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
Hello, I need suggestions here, what should I do?

My notes!

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed- expired
Info Sharing: Complete
Final:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 19, 2020.​
  2. We started processing your application on December 16, 2021.​

I received the pre-arrival letter Mar 2022
Progress bar % 100 a year April 2022

I have connected with IRCC 100 times, and every time they said please you should receive it very soon.
I have connected with RCMP and CSIS and no one giving me an answer about what's going on!
MP keeps sending letters and emails and has the same answer.
The worst part is that I applied for me and one family member on the same day in 2022 but in separate files. He received his PR in November 2021 and he is applying for citizenship in 5 months, on the other hand, I did not receive my PR yet.

Any suggestions or help?
Go for Mandamus

Zeelittoh

Mar 12, 2023
Here’s my timeline
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 17, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on September 18, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on August 17, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on January 16, 2023. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you a letter on January 16, 2023. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you a letter on March 2, 2023. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  8. We sent you correspondence on June 5, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Zeelittoh

Mar 12, 2023
Does anyone here knows what the last line is about? I can only track my application on CAS as I can’t create another GCKey because IOM will be logged out and can’t follow my application
I have done biometrics, medical and interview with the Canadian embassy
So what could the last line be about??

Lily79

Jun 2, 2023
Hi guys ! Yesterday I saw my Ecas changed to decision made but my cic has changed to last update June 8 th:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

I got pre arrival June 2nd and nothing else .
what do you guys expect? You think they will send me copr soon or still is unknown ? I’m dec 2021 applicant

soliver

Dec 28, 2022
Hi guys ! Yesterday I saw my Ecas changed to decision made but my cic has changed to last update June 8 th:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

what do you guys expect? You think they will send me copr soon or still is unknown ? I’m dec 2021 applicant
after update your status like this Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. ??

Crelliphit

Jun 10, 2023
I don't understand why there is such a long wait?
Now before I go any further, I must stress very firmly that this is NOT a racist comment.
If the above comments are accurate, how come some of my non-refugee Ukrainian friends managed to get entry/work visas in a matter of weeks. No French language skills, limited English skills, no familial links, no skilled occupation, no medical checks, no financial independence..nothing. fill in an online form, visit the Canadian Embassy in the country you've been living in for 10 years, do biometrics, wait 3 weeks and hey presto visas. Not only that, but they get the same benefits package given to real refugees ?
Do I blame my Ukrainian non-refugee friends? Of course not. If it's as easy as that...go for it . If the Canadian government has so much money to throw around...take it.
If my friends managed to get 3 year entry /work visas how come it's taking so long for you guys to obtain citizenship?

Reactions: yakuza93

Lily79

Jun 2, 2023

anyone knows ? I’m stressed

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019

Cic website is messed up so don’t believe anything on there mine shows nothing other than
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
My notes showed everything is passed except the security which is blank.
I’m dec 2021 applicant as well :) I haven’t got pre arrival yet though :( you might get something this month or the next

Lily79

Jun 2, 2023
Cic website is messed up so don’t believe anything on there mine shows nothing other than
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
My notes showed everything is passed except the security which is blank.
I’m dec 2021 applicant as well :) I haven’t got pre arrival yet though :( you might get something this month or the next
on my ecas it shows decision made