+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
I don't understand why there is such a long wait?
Now before I go any further, I must stress very firmly that this is NOT a racist comment.
If the above comments are accurate, how come some of my non-refugee Ukrainian friends managed to get entry/work visas in a matter of weeks. No French language skills, limited English skills, no familial links, no skilled occupation, no medical checks, no financial independence..nothing. fill in an online form, visit the Canadian Embassy in the country you've been living in for 10 years, do biometrics, wait 3 weeks and hey presto visas. Not only that, but they get the same benefits package given to real refugees ?
Do I blame my Ukrainian non-refugee friends? Of course not. If it's as easy as that...go for it . If the Canadian government has so much money to throw around...take it.
If my friends managed to get 3 year entry /work visas how come it's taking so long for you guys to obtain citizenship?
The process has been sped up a lot since 2021 (faster than before COVID now)

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I don't understand why there is such a long wait?
Now before I go any further, I must stress very firmly that this is NOT a racist comment.
If the above comments are accurate, how come some of my non-refugee Ukrainian friends managed to get entry/work visas in a matter of weeks. No French language skills, limited English skills, no familial links, no skilled occupation, no medical checks, no financial independence..nothing. fill in an online form, visit the Canadian Embassy in the country you've been living in for 10 years, do biometrics, wait 3 weeks and hey presto visas. Not only that, but they get the same benefits package given to real refugees ?
Do I blame my Ukrainian non-refugee friends? Of course not. If it's as easy as that...go for it . If the Canadian government has so much money to throw around...take it.
If my friends managed to get 3 year entry /work visas how come it's taking so long for you guys to obtain citizenship?
The thing about the system here is that the more you look the less you see. some has been waiting for PR for the past 3 years but some people get it in a matter of months in the same Refugee aplicacion. Even they asked me to pay $80 last week for work permit fingerprint stating that my fingerprints has expired. It just frustrating the way things works here. They keep saying that they need people but in the other hand denying people that are already inside permanent stay. And most of this guy pay a lot of taxes.

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Anyone knows when Ecas shows decision made ? Is it when you get pre arrival letter or when you get copr?
Hi dear, I’m not sure when ECAS will show decision made but mine says decision made and we are still processing your application . I have received eligibility and pre arrival. I have also been asked to confirm my details so I’m waiting for my login details. I applied in Nov 21 under the online PR application pilot program.

weyt2020

Sep 11, 2022
Hi everyone
I have 2 questions (@Simba112 or anyone who successfully received COPR and has dependent overseas)

When IRCC asked for additional documents for me and dependants, what should we include for personal history in IMM5669 (SCHEDULE A)?
1- All personal history from age 18 or just the past 10 years?
2- Should we include post secondary times again in personal history? 1 time, we have written in education section.

Many thanks

Last edited:

Rezbatata

Feb 25, 2023
Hello guys,

I applied online for Pr as a protected person.

It was like 3 months ago, at the time I applied i was not able to view my application or any document I submitted. Right now the option to view my application is still blocked, however under my application name, i have a button that says 'Download application' and whenever i click on it, it downloads a zipped file with all the documents submitted.

Does this mean they are working on my application?

I have a more important question also,

At the time i applied to PR i did not physically have my CSQ, I did apply to CSQ before applying to PR.

A couple of days ago, i received my CSQ, am i supposed to inform IRCC that i received CSQ and submit it through a web form or something like that, or the quebec goverment will inform IRCC regarding this?

Thank you!

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
Help us sign this petition and also share it:

Help Call on the Government of Canada and the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration to Extend Faster Temporary Residence Visas and the Open Work Permits to Spouses of Refugees and Protected Persons

For family unification, accepted refugees and Protected Persons are allowed to include their dependents in their permanent residence application.

The family members overseas will not receive their visa to travel to Canada until after the principal applicant in Canada has received their permanent residence.

However, this family unification does not seem to benefit the Refugees and Protected Persons as much due to discrimination and the excessive delay in the way IRCC processes the Refugee's Permanent Residence Applications. Many of the Refugees and Protected Persons had separated for years from their overseas family members before their asylum claim was accepted. They still experience another long wait for their permanent residence application to be approved talkless of their overseas dependents. This continuous separation of the In-Canada Refugees and Protected persons from their overseas family members is having devastating consequences on the refugees' well-being and their mental health.

The present processing time for the overseas Spouses of Family Class is 14 months, whereas the processing time for the Protected Persons' spouses is around 50 months (More than 4 years).

Faster family reunification in Canada is the only way for the Government of Canada to ensure respect for the In-Canada Protected Persons and Refugees' right to family life and family unity.

On May 26, 2023, the Honourable Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada announced new measures to strengthen family reunification by issuing faster temporary residence visas and open work permits to Spouses of Family Class Permanent residence applicants, but Spouses of Protected Persons with ongoing permanent residence applications were excluded.

An overarching principle of international human rights law is the principle of non-discrimination. The principle of non-discrimination requires that similarly situated individuals should enjoy the same rights and receive similar treatment. This includes measures of faster family reunification. This is the individuals’ right to family life and family unity, regardless of their immigration or other status. Refugees and Protected Persons too have rights to faster family unifications like foreign workers, international students, permanent residents, and Canadian citizens.

As the world will soon be celebrating this year's World Refugee Day, the Refugees and the Protected Persons in Canada call upon the Government of Canada and IRCC Minister to extend the announced May 26 measures of faster Temporary Residence Visa and Spousal Open Work Permits to the spouses of Refugees and Protected Persons. We also call on the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration to address the high rate of visa rejections for the overseas family members of Refugees and Protected Persons despite many of them meeting the requirements of Paragraph 179(b).

Thank you for your concerns and support in signing this petition.

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
I’m writing this because this is something I care about deeply and it won’t happen without the support of people like you. Starting a petition isn’t something I would normally do, but I was moved to do so because (add what you are trying to change and personal connection). I know I’m not alone and together we can make this change happen. Please sign and share! https://chng.it/t8Qz5dDryF'

Reactions: Cilacanada

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
hello everyone. I had requested ATIP and I just received it. it says I passed medical , criminality, and info sharing complete. Eligibility and security not started. Last update I received was medical passed on my GC Key account on March 2023. How long does it take to pass and get the letter? Please let me know. Thank you

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
hello everyone. I had requested ATIP and I just received it. it says I passed medical , criminality, and info sharing complete. Eligibility and security not started. Last update I received was medical passed on my GC Key account on March 2023. How long does it take to pass and get the letter? Please let me know. Thank you
It’s still a little bit early for you most applications get finalized around 17 to 24 months.
For instance My notes shows everything is passed since January and still haven’t got my approval! It’s a slow and long process so don’t worry about it until you reach 17 months.

Reactions: bfour

IcloudUser1985

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
PLZZ HELP!

APPLICATION RECEIVED SEPTEMBER 11th 2021

1 NEW MESSAGE

LATEST UPDATE:
FINAL DECESION -
June16th, 2023: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decesion has been made.

Reactions: Chimurenga 4