+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
I have been in canada since Sep. 2017. I have received my ECOPR Dec. 2021. So I have been here for 4 years. Probably within 2 months, I will receieve my Pr Card. So can anyone help me, when will I be eligible to apply for citizenship? Thanks.
To become a Canadian citizen, most applicants must

1. be a permanent resident
2.have lived in Canada for at least 3 out of the last 5 years (1,095 days) /your time between NOD and PR status is counted on 1/2. Lets say in example it was 1year (365days) you will have only 163 days. If you left Canada for vacation lets say for 7 days vacation you need to deduct these days from total./
3. have filed your taxes, if you need to
4. pass a citizenship test
5. prove your language skills in English or French

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
I have been in canada since Sep. 2017. I have received my ECOPR Dec. 2021. So I have been here for 4 years. Probably within 2 months, I will receieve my Pr Card. So can anyone help me, when will I be eligible to apply for citizenship? Thanks.
2years

Each day spent in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person within the last 5 years counts as one half day when you calculate your physical presence. You can use a maximum of 365 days as a temporary resident or protected person toward your time spent in Canada.

A temporary resident is someone who is authorized to enter or stay in Canada as a:

visitor
student
worker or
temporary resident permit holder
A protected person is someone who:

was found to be in need of protection or a convention refugee by the Immigration and Refugee Board or
received a positive decision on a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
If you made a refugee claim, or were included on a family member’s refugee claim, you won’t be credited time in Canada from the date of the refugee claim until you receive a positive decision confirming you are a protected person.

Reactions: badangel

R4mercy

Nov 12, 2017
Finally I am approved as a permanent resident of Canada. It has been an overwhelming experience for me. My sincere prayer for all awaiting their own PR is to get it sooner than expected and the ability to endure the unending suspense IRCC impose on us.

This forum has helped me a lot in strength and endurance because I have seen people get their PR flying like jet and few cases move like snail due to either officer in-charge or special case like mine not forgetting some criminality and security scenarios causing delay. Thank you all and I wish you success always

R4mercy

Nov 12, 2017
My question for the anyone with dependants. On your eCoPR, are your dependants listed or not because my dependants application was sent to Ghana

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Congratulations ❤..kindly share your time line and also share your pr interview questions .. congratulations to you from core of heart ..it’s your big day

Reactions: R4mercy

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Finally I am approved as a permanent resident of Canada. It has been an overwhelming experience for me. My sincere prayer for all awaiting their own PR is to get it sooner than expected and the ability to endure the unending suspense IRCC impose on us.

This forum has helped me a lot in strength and endurance because I have seen people get their PR flying like jet and few cases move like snail due to either officer in-charge or special case like mine not forgetting some criminality and security scenarios causing delay. Thank you all and I wish you success always
Congratulations ❤..kindly share your time line and also share your pr interview questions .. congratulations to you from core of heart ..it’s your big day

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
OP posted his time last Friday and offer sincere advise, i c&p below

My time line is:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 27, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on July 9, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 26, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on November 22, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Checked my online account and found "Decision made" today December 17, 2021 probably it was there before but no idea when exactly because I hardly check it
  7. Received Parament Resident confirmation portal e-mail December 15, 2021
  8. Received another (PR confirmation) portal to log in and send passport photo today December 17, 2021

R4mercy

Nov 12, 2017
Thanks. There was no interview per say. Officer in charge only called to clarify my marriage since it was the reason for the delay.

R4mercy

Nov 12, 2017
OP posted his time last Friday and offer sincere advise, i c&p below

My time line is:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 27, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on July 9, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 26, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on November 22, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Checked my online account and found "Decision made" today December 17, 2021 probably it was there before but no idea when exactly because I hardly check it
  7. Received Parament Resident confirmation portal e-mail December 15, 2021
  8. Received another (PR confirmation) portal to log in and send passport photo today December 17, 2021
Application status
A final decision has been made.

Final decision - December 20, 2021:Your application was approved.

Application received
December 27, 2017

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • December 20, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • December 7, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • October 14, 2021 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • December 20, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Reactions: Sheekritee

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Application status
A final decision has been made.

Final decision - December 20, 2021:Your application was approved.

Application received
December 27, 2017

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • December 20, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • December 7, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • October 14, 2021 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • December 20, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Congrats. Quick Question
when did they received your medical? i mean when did you get an update medical received