+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mhud_83

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
InshAllah kheir bro! Wallah I know it is really hard on us and our families who are back home but we cannot do anything to speed things up. I think they are back working on coprs so you will get yours very soon.
Did you check your ecas or CIC account? Any status changes on both?

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Alhamdulillah! I came home after a soccer game and found an update! I got my eCOPR, guys! I am one step away from the completion of this long journey! Another long wait till I get my card! Stay strong guys! Your turn is very soon.
Bro, congratulations I think we have the same officer I received my corp at 8:42 pm I was working I just saw it now hopefully the rest will follow, our families and the card, where are u leaving?

Last edited:

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Bro, congratulations I think we have the same officer I received my corp at 8:42 pm I was working I just saw it now hopefully the rest will follow, our families and the card, where are u leaving?
Oh Mustafa! Mabrooooook! Alhamdulillah. We just need to wait to get our cards. InshAllah we hear something about our families soon. I might travel to Egypt to see my 3 little boys but I need my card first.

Reactions: mustafababiker

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
InshAllah kheir bro! Wallah I know it is really hard on us and our families who are back home but we cannot do anything to speed things up. I think they are back working on coprs so you will get yours very soon.
Congrats bro !!!!!!! :) I’m happy 4 u! Btw got my plastic yesterday it was approved a week ago (it says on a card) so just count few weeks!:)

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Congrats bro !!!!!!! :) I’m happy 4 u! Btw got my plastic yesterday it was approved a week ago (it says on a card) so just count few weeks!:)
Thanks a lot! Yes, I am going to give it a full month and see, hopefully I will get it sooner than that.

Reactions: mimika

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Oh Mustafa! Mabrooooook! Alhamdulillah. We just need to wait to get our cards. InshAllah we hear something about our families soon. I might travel to Egypt to see my 3 little boys but I need my card first.
Bro apply for the Egyptian visa, believe it or not their security check now take like 15 weeks, I applied before 1 month, u don't need the card I traveled to Egypt last December to see my family.

Last edited:

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Bro apply for the Egyptian visa, believe it or not their security check now take like 15 weeks, I applied before 1 month, u don't need the card I traveled to Egypt last December to see my family.
Yes, Inshallah I will apply for one but my RTD is expiring soon. I need to get one first.

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
@imadeddin @mustafababiker
I received this email how ever I send my information they ask in portal but I not received login information yet , is this letter is COPR ?

If you’re a representative receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented for their application for permanent residence until they were approved.
We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada, and based on our records, you are now in Canada. As a result, your application has been selected for a virtual confirmation of permanent resident (PR) status. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC had to stop some in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. However, the Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business.
Please respond to this message to confirm if you are physically in Canada now. Your response will be used to determine if you are eligible to be confirmed as a PR. You will receive more information later about obtaining your first PR card.
What you need to do next:
You must respond to this email within seven days indicating the following:
 Tell us if you are physically in Canada with valid temporary status (i.e. work permit, study permit, visitor visa, eTA, protected person, etc.) and would like to be confirmed as a PR.
 Tell us if you are outside of Canada
 Tell us if one of your accompanying family members is outside of
Canada.
 Tell us if your personal circumstances have changed
o marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation

o death of
 the sponsor
 the principal applicant or
 any accompanying family member
o birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to
dependent children
o you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.
If you are inside Canada, and your personal circumstances have not changed, IRCC will contact you regarding how to obtain your first PR card. Note that officers maintain the discretion to convoke telephone or in-person interviews when required.
Important notes:
 Failure to declare one of the above circumstances may have serious consequences, including loss of your PR status or loss of your ability to bring your dependents to Canada. It is vital that you declare any circumstances material to your application for permanent residence at the first available opportunity.
Once we have received your responses, you will be advised of next steps.

Last edited: