+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Guys,

One day after I got my ecopr, my family back home was asked to submit passports. The whole process took them 4 months! Cairo VO! Cannot wait to kiss my kids after being away for 6 years and a half. I wanna cry! Alhamdulilla!
Bro congratulations, I am still waiting for Rome office, I got update today they approved my photo and address, the card will be mailed to me.

Last edited:

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
@imadeddin is this letter COPR ? If you’re a representative receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented for their application for permanent residence until they were approved.
We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada, and based on our records, you are now in Canada. As a result, your application has been selected for a virtual confirmation of permanent resident (PR) status. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC had to stop some in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. However, the Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business.
Please respond to this message to confirm if you are physically in Canada now. Your response will be used to determine if you are eligible to be confirmed as a PR. You will receive more information later about obtaining your first PR card.
What you need to do next:
You must respond to this email within seven days indicating the following:
 Tell us if you are physically in Canada with valid temporary status (i.e. work permit, study permit, visitor visa, eTA, protected person, etc.) and would like to be confirmed as a PR.
 Tell us if you are outside of Canada
 Tell us if one of your accompanying family members is outside of
Canada.
 Tell us if your personal circumstances have changed
o marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal

badangel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2021
I applied pr on March 2021 and received an email on April that my application received by immigration. What's next for me? What is coming first? Thanks.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
@imadeddin is this letter COPR ? If you’re a representative receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented for their application for permanent residence until they were approved.
We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada, and based on our records, you are now in Canada. As a result, your application has been selected for a virtual confirmation of permanent resident (PR) status. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC had to stop some in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. However, the Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business.
Please respond to this message to confirm if you are physically in Canada now. Your response will be used to determine if you are eligible to be confirmed as a PR. You will receive more information later about obtaining your first PR card.
What you need to do next:
You must respond to this email within seven days indicating the following:
 Tell us if you are physically in Canada with valid temporary status (i.e. work permit, study permit, visitor visa, eTA, protected person, etc.) and would like to be confirmed as a PR.
 Tell us if you are outside of Canada
 Tell us if one of your accompanying family members is outside of
Canada.
 Tell us if your personal circumstances have changed
o marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal
No, this is an invite for portal. Through it, you can get your ecopr. Just reply to it and wait for login details.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Bro congratulations, I am still waiting for Rome office, I got update today they approved my photo and address, the card will be mailed to me.
I have not got that update yet. They should have sent the file to Cairo bro. It is very close to your home country. I think if you work hard on it, you would be able to transfer it there. It is very fast.

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Do we need to have a valid work permit for this? What if work permit is in process?
no you just have to confirm that you and dependents (if any) are in canada and all the other information requested. and once you'll get your COPR you don't need Work permit anymore, you'll change your sin to permanent

Reactions: Sunny.mjd