+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Did you get your COPR ? I submitted everything on Sunday still waiting :)
Not yet o_O! I am ill-fated! Every step always takes me the longest, I do not know why! Most people got theirs in two days after submitting the info. I am literally frustrated! I have no words to describe how frustrated I am. It literally needs one click. The officer has to check the address and once it matches their records, she or he has to approve it and the system will generate the ecopr but what can I say?

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Not yet o_O! I am ill-fated! Every step always takes me the longest, I do not know why! Most people got theirs in two days after submitting the info. I am literally frustrated! I have no words to describe how frustrated I am. It literally needs one click. The officer has to check the address and once it matches their records, she or he has to approve it and the system will generate the ecopr but what can I say?
@imadeddin, I can relate to how you feel but still look at the bright side. At least you are almost done. As much as you feel abandoned, case taking too long to be completed... Trust me, there are thousands who will like to trade places with you.
Please, do not take offence to this, I am only trying to let you know that you are not alone in this situation. I read about an applicant yesterday who waited for roughly 4yrs for hearing date & a decision, yet he was denied. Now, his case is in RAD.
Atleast, we have something we are looking up to. Everyday is a struggle for us, our thoughts is always on our families back home but we have hope that someday soon we will be together again.
My friend and brother, be strong and positive.... You wait is almost over.

Reactions: imadeddin

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
@imadeddin, I can relate to how you feel but still look at the bright side. At least you are almost done. As much as you feel abandoned, case taking too long to be completed... Trust me, there are thousands who will like to trade places with you.
Please, do not take offence to this, I am only trying to let you know that you are not alone in this situation. I read about an applicant yesterday who waited for roughly 4yrs for hearing date & a decision, yet he was denied. Now, his case is in RAD.
Atleast, we have something we are looking up to. Everyday is a struggle for us, our thoughts is always on our families back home but we have hope that someday soon we will be together again.
My friend and brother, be strong and positive.... You wait is almost over.
Thanks a lot for being supportive! I have seen my little kids for 6 years now. I came here 2016 and it took me almost 4 years to get the approval and now two more years for this killing process. I know some people are in the same situation but they have to understand that we have families who badly need to be with them. Trust me my kids do not even recognise my face and whenever I talk to them, I do not that I am their dad. There are no emotions! This is what is killing me. Thank you so much and Inshallah things will wrap up soon.

Reactions: Jahlove2000

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Good luck and Congratulations for all of you guys who’s getting their decision made or eportal

I am my self the Oct 2018 Applicant with overseas family members still waiting from almost 33 months since applied for PR

Before 3 weeks I’ve received first invitation to submit my information to be able to receive the eportal credentials, I’ve sent the response on June 24th but no updates

At same time my overseas family members received their medical exam instructions, after 4 days they received biometric instruction letter too, both of Medical & Biometrics were done about 10 days ago,

Until now, there’s no eportal invitation for me, and no PPR (Passport Request) for them,
I’ve sent a new email to eportal request right now after reading comments from some of you guys, thanks a lot for the information

Let’s pray for each other and wish the best after this very long wait time

Reactions: Tamiou

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
I just got my COPR. Buddy, I wish you all the best. I wish you to get your document very soon. Im pretty much sure you're gonna get it tomorrow or Friday because we are at the same office. Good luck , and post us with an update

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
I just got my COPR. Buddy, I wish you all the best. I wish you to get your document very soon. Im pretty much sure you're gonna get it tomorrow or Friday because we are at the same office. Good luck , and post us with an update
Congratulations, @imadeddin it looks like its me and u have the longest waiting for copr.

Reactions: mimika

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Congratulations! Did you get en email or you just checked your portal?

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Thank you. I got email, and update in my ePortal and GCKey account

The question is right now. How to get a passport back? My passport should be in IRCC Etobicoke office. Should I just go there without appointment or send them mail?

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
And what is funny... my assessments and background check were completed on December 16th based on the information in GCKey and GCMS Notes (I got it today too, ordered about two months ago). So it took 6 months for them just to make a decision!!!!!!!!!

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Thank you. I got email, and update in my ePortal and GCKey account

The question is right now. How to get a passport back? My passport should be in IRCC Etobicoke office. Should I just go there without appointment or send them mail?
I think there is a thread on this forum. Check it out, it is very useful.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
And what is funny... my assessments and background check were completed on December 16th based on the information in GCKey and GCMS Notes (I got it today too, ordered about two months ago). So it took 6 months for them just to make a decision!!!!!!!!!
Everything is just weird.