+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
No guys it was a legit call.
She had all my information, and she asked me about stuff in my application. She approved my medical while I am on the phone with her. And it was approved on the online system at the same time.
Ans she told me she will send a request to the authorities to start my background check, and thats what happened on the online system too it started yesterday.
Wow thats a great news ,
If it happened means IRCC is adopting new procedures to upgrading the system

• Love
Reactions: Khan5696

Shagidi

Dec 28, 2020
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February xx 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March xx 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March xx, 2021.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you a letter on June xx, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. You entered Canada at the Hamilton IRCC office on June xx, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
No guys it was a legit call.
She had all my information, and she asked me about stuff in my application. She approved my medical while I am on the phone with her. And it was approved on the online system at the same time.
Ans she told me she will send a request to the authorities to start my background check, and thats what happened on the online system too it started yesterday.
i must say that you're very lucky to have such a case officer.. good luck

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
She told me that whenever she receive my background check she will grant me PR, I asked her when she told me within 2 weeks... Today I received my Invitation to Pre-arrival services

Applied April 2020
AOR April 2021
Medical passed June 8, 2021
background check started June 8, 2021
Invitation to Pre-arrival services June 9, 2021
one question brother.. why did she contact you? did you call them first? and then she called back?

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Hello Everyone,

PR card application sent to Etobicoke and received by them 120 days ago and there is no update except that file is under process and there is a delay as we are never a priority in anything.
Anyone from IRCC Etobicoke office can share their experience?

Thanks

JamFarr

Apr 17, 2019
I received this message last week. Does anyone know how long it takes for the Etobicoke office to reach out and finalize the PR?
“We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in ETOBICOKE will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application”

Mickyals

Jun 9, 2021
Been watching from the shadows for a bit. Got PR yesterday but only noticed today.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 27, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 10, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on February 9, 2021.
  5. We sent you correspondence on March 18, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you correspondence on May 18, 2021 about the decision on your application.
  7. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on June 8, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.

Reactions: Abtols and Luckyppl

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Been watching from the shadows for a bit. Got PR yesterday but only noticed today.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 27, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 10, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on February 9, 2021.
  5. We sent you correspondence on March 18, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you correspondence on May 18, 2021 about the decision on your application.
  7. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on June 8, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.
@Mickyals, Congrats!!!.....Do you have any dependents outside Canada? Also, as there been any update on your GCkey?

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
I think IRCC is prioritizing applications from people who are in Canada and those who do not have dependents. I have noticed that, tbh. I could be wrong!

Reactions: Khan5696

Mickyals

Jun 9, 2021
I think IRCC is prioritizing applications from people who are in Canada and those who do not have dependents. I have noticed that, tbh. I could be wrong!
Their website says this, where they speak of chances due to COVID...IMO out land applications should not be prioritized, it should be first in first out but ‍♂