+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
just paied only ??? or ask your family to make it in home country ??? asked for renew medical for you???
No I didn't apply for gcms notes. They just get biometric fees but didn't call my family to submit their fingerprints. My medical expired in Jan 2020 but no medical request no update till Oct.
Plz advise me should I apply for GCMS notes? Or whi can I expedite my case?

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
No I didn't apply for gcms notes. They just get biometric fees but didn't call my family to submit their fingerprints. My medical expired in Jan 2020 but no medical request no update till Oct.
Plz advise me should I apply for GCMS notes? Or whi can I expedite my case?
both in same steps . i think we should we for two months extra to order GCMS NOTE because no change now
all of us pray to god to finish suffering

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Dear all,

I’m December 2019 applicant and submitted all requested documentation like biometric, medical and police certificate in January 2020. IRCC’s request were so fast that I was able to submit all by the end of January 2020. The last update I received was medical passed on 20th of January. So last week I wrote them a request on the webform to know about updates regarding background check, criminality and security. Here is some parts of the reply I received. I’m wondering what does valid mean.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
    looking for your explanation. Thanks

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Dear all,

I’m December 2019 applicant and submitted all requested documentation like biometric, medical and police certificate in January 2020. IRCC’s request were so fast that I was able to submit all by the end of January 2020. The last update I received was medical passed on 20th of January. So last week I wrote them a request on the webform to know about updates regarding background check, criminality and security. Here is some parts of the reply I received. I’m wondering what does valid mean.

That is very new to me!
You applied in Dec and although it was the new year break and practically the IRCC does not work between Dec 15 to Jan 7, they asked you immediately in less than a month for PCC and medical check-up and you submitted them?
What is going on there?
If it was not for Covid19 I think by now you might even got your PR cards!;)

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Dear all,

This means they have not expired, they are valid for 1 year. so if you sub in jan they expire 1 year after.. unfortuently people like you who gets ask for information this early has to do them twice cause processing time is 20 month now more and we all know IRCC will not process PR in 12 months so these more that likey may expire by the time they process your application.

Last edited:

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Mine still same not changed.
Hope gonna be the same. Maybe it is for the new applicants who will apply. How about you?

A processing time starts the day we receive a complete application and ends when we make a decision. If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom. If you apply online or in-person, it starts when you submit your application.

For some permanent resident applicants who haven’t applied yet, processing times are projected:

• Processing times are measured based on the current number of applications waiting to be processed and how quickly we expect to process 80% of them.
For other applicants, processing times are historical:

• Processing times are measured based on how long it took to process 80% of applications in the past.
In July 2018, we changed the way we show processing times for some permanent resident applications who haven’t applied yet. These new processing times are an estimate of how long we expect most applications will take to process under normal circumstances.

These times are based on the number of current applications waiting to be processed and how quickly we expect to process them. They are more accurate for new or recent applicants.

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
That is very new to me!
You applied in Dec and although it was the new year break and practically the IRCC does not work between Dec 15 to Jan 7, they asked you immediately in less than a month for PCC and medical check-up and you submitted them?
What is going on there?
If it was not for Covid19 I think by now you might even got your PR cards!;)

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Thanks for the comments. That is part of my worries. As you might have seen my previous post, I was told by IRCC that I’m selected for the ‘Centralized Concurrent Pilot Project’ in December 2019 and got AOR in just a week of my submission of application. So almost every week of December and January they were asking one after I submitted another. But I haven’t received any updates after January 20 2020 so I decided to ask them last week hoping for any updates about background check. Because my online application just reads we are processing.
So I don’t know whether valid means background is done.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Keliwal

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Thanks for the comments. That is part of my worries. As you might have seen my previous post, I was told by IRCC that I’m selected for the ‘Centralized Concurrent Pilot Project’ in December 2019 and got AOR in just a week of my submission of application. So almost every week of December and January they were asking one after I submitted another. But I haven’t received any updates after January 20 2020 so I decided to ask them last week hoping for any updates about background check. Because my online application just reads we are processing.
The new pilot project is a one year process. You will most likely hear by the end of this year, that would be a DM directly for you and your family. This is my understanding of the new system.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Oh then i take my comment back, i had no idea you where apart of a pilot program, you should get it then within 12 months. :):):) GOOD LUCK!!!! I'm xited for you, also it is normal to not her from IRCC for many months

Reactions: Elyas1

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hay buddy !! How r u ?? Today I called IRCC to check my status on this hope maybe some miracle happen but they gave me more stress as she said on phone that my application s n Mississauga office and hence there s no update. I asked if I’m close to AIP then she replied there s no such stage confirm that this s last stage or going to be finalize plz share ur experience??
The representatives as stated b4 see the same information you see online, so wether or not you are close to get an AiP they would not know and also would not confirm this over the phone as these have to be in writing from an actually CPA/O not a call centre worker....

Reactions: Marsali