+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Is it possible we can request GCMS notes again right after one month ??
I requested GCMS 4 times. I received almost same notes. I called agent recently, he told me ''too many GCMS notes were requested and case officer stop your file processing and work for GCMS notes when GCMS notes is requested. Processing time is 22 month now if you want case related inquiry using web form after finished 22 months he added.

Reactions: Marsali

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I requested GCMS 4 times. I received almost same notes. I called agent recently, he told me ''too many GCMS notes were requested and case officer stop your file processing and work for GCMS notes when GCMS notes is requested. Processing time is 22 month now if you want case related inquiry using web form after finished 22 months he added.
Lol an agent told me that oct 2019 and i said to him

" So you are telling me on a recorded line that when i order GCMS note which is might legal right per the privacy act and the access to information act which states that requesting my notes will not affect my application, is affecting my application is that what you are telling me on a recorded line???""

the agent quickly said no sir you can request and you are correct it does not affect your processing i am like i know that ATIP is handled by a different department so do not give people wrong information he said that is not what i mean, i then ask Okay what do you mean he then said if you have further question about ATIP you will have to contact the office of the privacy commissioner of canada"

so again IRCC people who you talk to work in a Call centre, people who work in call centres dont have any information To be honest they know as much as you know...

so it is important for us as refugee to know our rights and what laws protect us as well.

i know it is easy to obsess over the process of our application but i think we should take some time and read as well so that we are not taking everything we are told at face value STAY INFORMED

maedow

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Lol an agent told me that oct 2019 and i said to him

" So you are telling me on a recorded line that when i order GCMS note which is might legal right per the privacy act and the access to information act which states that requesting my notes will not affect my application, is affecting my application is that what you are telling me on a recorded line???""

the agent quickly said no sir you can request and you are correct it does not affect your processing i am like i know that ATIP is handled by a different department so do not give people wrong information he said that is not what i mean, i then ask Okay what do you mean he then said if you have further question about ATIP you will have to contact the office of the privacy commissioner of canada"

so again IRCC people who you talk to work in a Call centre, people who work in call centres dont have any information To be honest they know as much as you know...

so it is important for us as refugee to know our rights and what laws protect us as well.

i know it is easy to obsess over the process of our application but i think we should take some time and read as well so that we are not taking everything we are told at face value STAY INFORMED

I absolutely agree with you. These guys just feed us with anything they want because "we are at their mercy" so to speak.

Reactions: jack_2001

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

Hope you are doing great during these days and do not even one moment lose your hopes.

I would like bring those attention who has some experience about GCSM note and would like to read your positive or realistic opinions.

So I am March 2019 applicant. So I applied for the notes on the end of the April and today i got them by mail.
On of the first pages are written that.

Eligibility not started
Security not started
Criminality In Progress
Medical Passed
Info sharing. COMPLETE.

Paper file
Offices CPC Miss.

These i copied from the second pages. First page was brief info about my Application.

Please share your opinions.
Also should i look other pages or this is all what is importont.

Looking forward to read your opinions.
Bye

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hope you are doing great during these days and do not even one moment lose your hopes.

I would like bring those attention who has some experience about GCSM note and would like to read your positive or realistic opinions.

So I am March 2019 applicant. So I applied for the notes on the end of the April and today i got them by mail.
On of the first pages are written that.

Eligibility not started
Security not started
Criminality In Progress
Medical Passed
Info sharing. COMPLETE.

Paper file
Offices CPC Miss.

These i copied from the second pages. First page was brief info about my Application.

Please share your opinions.
Also should i look other pages or this is all what is importont.

Looking forward to read your opinions.
Bye
Most of applicants mar 2019 same stage me & you & marasali may Ontv1 more progress

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
I m also March 2019 applicant bar done 70% my wife and three children are in home country but one daughter is here in Canada with m. I have paid biometric fee for the whole family in October but after that no new update at all. So depressed
just paied only ??? or ask your family to make it in home country ??? asked for renew medical for you???