+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you for giving us hope and positive energy
Just being realistic. People can’t expect processing times of 20 months to still be the processing time after being in lockdown for 2+ months especially if they are in the middle of processing. You are referencing the old processing times and getting excited thinking you have 9 weeks left.

maedow

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Just being realistic. People can’t expect processing times of 20 months to still be the processing time after being in lockdown for 2+ months especially if they are in the middle of processing. You are referencing the old processing times and getting excited thinking you have 9 weeks left.
When good news are shared, you go silent but for "realism" and unpleasant news, you comment

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When good news are shared, you go silent but for "realism" and unpleasant news, you comment
I comment when I think there is a correction needed or with the answer. Delays need to be anticipated to avoid being disappointed and plan appropriated. Some may get lucky and have minimal delays but given that processing has been minimal or not at all it is unrealistic to expect processing times to be the same as before lockdown. Many aspects of life have been affected by lockdown and we are all going to need to anticipate delays and be patient. You don’t see every post I write.

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
I am not getting excited thanks for being realistic we understand the pandemic situations.
what we try to do here is give each other some hope with positive energy instead of making each other disappointed and add more stress and phobia.
We have lots of vulnerable people here mentally they need support and our duty (refugees with the same situation ) is to support each other.

Last edited:

maedow

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
I comment when I think there is a correction needed or with the answer. Delays need to be anticipated to avoid being disappointed and plan appropriated. Some may get lucky and have minimal delays but given that processing has been minimal or not at all it is unrealistic to expect processing times to be the same as before lockdown. Many aspects of life have been affected by lockdown and we are all going to need to anticipate delays and be patient. You don’t see every post I write.
I will not condescend so low to exchange comments or in this case, words. Just an observation which I believe is well founded.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
LOL, its funny how you say you make correction when necessary i think it is safe to say we understand this is an open forum but we would appreciate if you not give us advice, we can support each other i promise you. your realistic approach is not needed @canuck78..

i am sure you will reply with a very long message but as you can notice i say one thing to you always and then i stop replying..

Also, thanks for telling us what we already know, that processing time will extend and that Covid-19 has affected all application type across IRCC we did not know that this is all new to us refugees ;);););):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . also no one sees all the post you write because they are mostly condescending .

Last edited:

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
LOL, its funny how you say you make correction when necessary i think it is safe to say we understand this is an open forum but we would appreciate if you not give us advice, we can support each other i promise you. your realistic approach is not needed @canuck78..

i am sure you will reply with a very long message but as you can notice i say one thing to you always and then i stop replying..

Also, thanks for telling us what we already know, that processing time will extend and that Covid-19 has affected all application type across IRCC we did not know that this is all new to us refugees ;);););):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . also no one sees all the post you write because they are mostly condescending .
I just couldn't resist, because reading all those comments, which caught me into this strange kind of feelings where half of my brain thinks @canuk78 would now take it into consideration of avoiding comments anymore here. But naah the legend gonna keep it around.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi all !!! hope u all r doing well. I need to ask from you what does it exactly means “PP-READY FOR CPA REVEIW “ ?? Is it closer to AIP ?? Beside my eligibility & security not yet started ??
This is another status an application undergo there is no guarantee that you will get an AIP after or B4 this status, mine was CPA review then ready for assessment and now ready for landing since last year and still no AIP, unfortuently these meanings are all internal and only IRCC case officer would know what it means you can call IRCC and ask them the specific meaning and see if they would tell you and then let s now what they said.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
This is another status an application undergo there is no guarantee that you will get an AIP after or B4 this status, mine was CPA review then ready for assessment and now ready for landing since last year and still no AIP, unfortuently these meanings are all internal and only IRCC case officer would know what it means you can call IRCC and ask them the specific meaning and see if they would tell you and then let s now what they said.
The operator does not know anything. She just read what we can see ourselves on the website.
I don't know what is the point of these operators working there!
Maybe they are helpful only for an applicant in a cave and in a remote area near the north pole with no access to the internet.