+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Just received strange update about my valid TRV. It was in Approved state but this morning the state changed to Application/profile updated. When I check the details, I was no longer able to see details of my TRV.

According to IRCC website and some form entries; valid Temporary Resident Visa (as known as visitor visa) gets cancelled when you become PR.

We do not issue temporary resident visas (TRV) to permanent residents (PR). If you are outside Canada without a valid PR card, you must apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) instead. If you meet the requirements for a PRTD, you can return to Canada as a PR.
Source: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

So I am hoping to get my COPR today or tomorrow (If God willing).

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Just received strange update about my valid TRV. It was in Approved state but this morning the state changed to Application/profile updated. When I check the details, I was no longer able to see details of my TRV.

According to IRCC website and some form entries; valid Temporary Resident Visa (as known as visitor visa) gets cancelled when you become PR.

We do not issue temporary resident visas (TRV) to permanent residents (PR). If you are outside Canada without a valid PR card, you must apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) instead. If you meet the requirements for a PRTD, you can return to Canada as a PR.
Source: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

So I am hoping to get my COPR today or tomorrow (If God willing).
Plz share ur timeline

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Plz share ur timeline
My timeline:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 13, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 31, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 30, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on September 1, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Review of medical results - September 24, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
My timeline:

Permanent Residence
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 31, 2019.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on September 1, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I hope u got copr very very soon

saidur

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Hahaha after 21 months of waiting and completed my timeline % 100
I have updated in my gckey
It shows new information

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - November 7, 2019:You passed the medical exam.

from here I got today
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.
really its disappointing at the same time frustrating

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020
My timeline:

Permanent Residence
Hope for some good news soon.

Reactions: vipush

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
My timeline:

Permanent Residence
You will get COPR in few days. Just assume yourself a PR. 100%

Altamsh

Jan 6, 2020
I got my GCMS notes today. Notes 1 says 'no concerns with 35 or37 are evident at this time'.
also notes 3 says 'ready for CPA review'. It also says Eligibility, medical and criminality passed.
Can someone explain what this means? When should I be expecting DM ?
After how many days you got your GCMS notes?
I applied foralmost one and a half month before and still not received yet.

alien25

May 4, 2011
Hi fellow forum members
I am an early Jan 2019 applicant.
On sept 17 my medical got renewed on my CIC account and the next day I got free pre arrival services letter. I called IRCC the next week after that and they advised me that Eligibility Criminality Security & Background check everything has been passed and just waiting for the final decision to be made.
No update since Sep 18th.
Anyone any thoughts.
Thanks in advance.

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
@JA
Hi fellow forum members
I am an early Jan 2019 applicant.
On sept 17 my medical got renewed on my CIC account and the next day I got free pre arrival services letter. I called IRCC the next week after that and they advised me that Eligibility Criminality Security & Background check everything has been passed and just waiting for the final decision to be made.
No update since Sep 18th.
Anyone any thoughts.
Thanks in advance.
DOT WORRY IN MAXMUM TWO WEEKS
CONGRATULATIONS BRO ;);)

Reactions: Ex ツ