+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

nurse_giz

Star Member
Oct 17, 2020
Hi. Do you get an automatic ghost update on the day your medical expires? My medical expired today (extended on oct 16 2019). Does this mean that someone checked my file or it’s automatic?
I have the situation, nothing mentioned further . When did u apply?

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I applied in Feb 2019, my timelines say 99% complete. I wonder how long do we have to wait for until we get a final decision.

Ranolive

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
From December 4th, 2019 both the principal applicant in Canada and overseas dependents are being processed concurrently. Let us be guided, the rules change.
In the same rules.

No

Visa cannot be given to dependents if the principal is not yet PR

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Hi. I don't know why guys said it takes 1 year for family overseas to join a protected person in Canada after getting PR. I spoke with immigration staff(cic or ircc) last month and she told me that if family members were included in a protected person's application from the beginning, family members get their visas based on the months left after in Canada applicant gets his/her PR. But due to covid, add another 3 - 4 months. For instance, I applied for PR under protected person in Oct, 2018 and got my PR in September, 2020. That means if it wasn't for pandemic, this month would have been 24 months when my family overseas would have gotten their visas. But for the pandemic, we're hoping everything would be finalized on or before January. I hope the officer told me the truth....

Reactions: saidur

Ranolive

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hi. I don't know why guys said it takes 1 year for family overseas to join a protected person in Canada after getting PR. I spoke with immigration staff(cic or ircc) last month and she told me that if family members were included in a protected person's application from the beginning, family members get their visas based on the months left after in Canada applicant gets his/her PR. But due to covid, add another 3 - 4 months. For instance, I applied for PR under protected person in Oct, 2018 and got my PR in September, 2020. That means if it wasn't for pandemic, this month would have been 24 months when my family overseas would have gotten their visas. But for the pandemic, we're hoping everything would be finalized on or before January. I hope the officer told me the truth....
I am march 2018 applicant

I got PR in december 2019.

My oversea family sent their files to their visa office since october 2019,
It has been one year now

No update
No medical
Nothing

• Sad
Reactions: MIDO2023

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
According to what I read in this forum; processing time for overseas dependent changes by overseas office. Some offices are fast some are slow and some of them are very slow. But most of them process the applications under 6 months. 3-4 months of processing time is very usual for most of over seas offices.

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
According to what I read in this forum; processing time for overseas dependent changes by overseas office. Some offices are fast some are slow and some of them are very slow. But most of them process the applications under 6 months. 3-4 months of processing time is very usual for most of over seas offices.
I KNOW SOME GUYS MORE THAN 16 MONTHES:confused:

Reactions: Ranolive

refugeewithkids

Jul 24, 2020
how long it takes for the spouse overseas to receive the letter to submit the medical and security certificates, after the family inside canada gets their COPR?

Any info?

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
I just got a ghost update in my GC account but when I check my full application status I see nothing new!

May be something about my security happened...If u had the same situation tell me your experience

Reactions: Polsonlive

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
I just got a ghost update in my GC account but when I check my full application status I see nothing new!

May be something about my security happened...If u had the same situation tell me your experience
I am wondering how did you get this notification if nothing shown into the application

There’s any way to had this kind of notifications?

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019

Whats yr timeline.. u might hear something in coming days...

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
I am wondering how did you get this notification if nothing shown into the application

There’s any way to had this kind of notifications?
Its a notification when you open your GCKEY account it will say your account is updated but when you open the link there is nothing there