+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

time after sending passport for online application - canada visitor visa

rsmd

May 15, 2013
Day 50 after online application and counting...

Anyone experiencing SLOW online processing application?

I applied online and have a "Submission Confirmation" on April 20.
Until now June 9 and 50 days later, still no movement.

Am I missing something? Maybe I am missing the message to send my passport already?

I emailed CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT@cic.gc.ca and received that it is being processed.
Should I write and fax a letter?

Any suggestions what to do? I have an important meeting in Toronto on June 21.

mms_canada

Jun 27, 2013
Re: time after sending passport for mail application - canada visitor visa

Applied in LA office on - May 21st by mail
Consulate got it on - May22nd
Did not hear for 25 days - sent couple of email and got reply back after 2 days that processing is taking about 35 days
Went to LA office on - 24th June because I had booked our vacation long time back starting 28June.
Visa office rejected my request to review our application even if it was 32 days. and they can not guarantee that they will review visa application by 28th June. Even if their central web site indicate 19 days and LA web site indicate minimum 30 days for LA office visitor visa processing time.
Disappointed - withdraw the passport . wasted $2000 on my trip as it was not a refundable tickets. whom to blame - myself- thought I will get visa in 19 days(only my mother-in-law with multiple US entry needed Canadian visa) .

I think this is happening to many Asian family who are from bay area and LA. Looks like Canada does not need tourist spending in such a bad economy. Most of these Asian from bay area and LA are millionaire first generation American who need Canadian visa for their parents to show them Niagara Falls from Canadian side. Hopefully some how this will reach to Canadian citizen so that they can raise their voices against their government. This is the difference how a government department works and how a businessman work. Singapore, Hong Kong and China is doing much better job giving tourist visa same day or on the spot.

paulashok

Jul 9, 2013
hello,

Am applying online to LA consulate for canadian visitor visa.....I read so many forums and the processing time says an avg time of 30 to 45 business days from all the experiences that people have shared....I wanted to get my stamping done before aug 15th , 2013.....And have my wedding in india in sept 1st week....Is stamping at canada a good option?

thanks,

Paul

Kevinjames182

Jul 16, 2013
Trv rejected! Please help friends wedding

Hi, I hope you can help and advice me on my second application for the TRV,

My friend on student status (PR) will be getting married in Canada and invited my GF to be her bridemaid and I will be her plus 1. My GF and I have bought the tickets already but the frustration started when my application got rejected. We are in HK im holding a PHIL passport, HK resident and My GF is holding a BN(O) passport and she doesn't need to apply the TRV. So all the pressure is on me. We are planning to stay for 13days.
I am only 25 and I do not own any land or property in HK, I just have my mom here as all my sisters are aboard and married.

The first application I have attached;
-Application Form
-Family background form
-6 months bank statement (around 2000 CAD savings)
-6 months payslip
-previous working reference
-employment letter with approved leave
-invitation letter + her PR copy
-proof of relationship (attached photo of me, GF and host in canada)
-travel history (Thailand, Philippines)
-previous and current passport with stamps to Thai & Phil
-photo
-round trip ticket
-my GF bridemaid invitation sent from host

Refusal reasons;
-Travel History (been to Thailand and Phil)
-purpose of visit (tourism & wedding)
-current employment situation (started working in a Hotel from FEB 2013)
-personal asset and financial status (I put down spending money would be (2000 CaD)

I have read previous posts of attaching strong cover letters would you be able to send me a template/sample

Need your professional assistance!

samz99

Aug 12, 2013
I'd like to post my times

Online applied visitor's visas for my parents, submitted the application on July 12th, received passport request on Aug. 6th, sent out the passports on the same day to LA office (Thanks all these posts which mentions LA processes faster), delivered to LA office on Aug.7th. expecting to receive the return passport in 2-3 weeks. Surprised me, Aug. 9th, the tracking system noticed me that my return envelop is activated. Got the return passport on Aug. 10th before noon. Which is really fast. Timing line as before for clear read

July 12th, online application submitted
Aug. 6th, passports request notice
Aug. 6th, passports send out via USPS
Aug. 7th, passports delivered to LA office
(Aug. 8th, visa stamps were processed in LA, I guess)
Aug. 9th, passport sent out
Aug. 10th, return passports delivered.

Sent the passport to LA office is a right choice. Thanks

samz99

Aug 12, 2013
forgot to mention, that the visa is good for 3 years, another surprise to me, I was expecting a one year visa.

jikkujj

Oct 4, 2013
Any recent update on canada visa wait times? I am planning to travelling to canada to renew my us visa. My current US consulate appointment date is Nov 25 2013 for which I will need to fly latest by Nov 23rd. So things need to move along quick

My current timeline:
Submitted online application on 10/4/2013

yesraj

Dec 5, 2013
Anyone processed recently?
I submitted online application on Nov 15 and haven't received anything until now.
Please let me know if anyone have processed the application recently and how long it took.

im96

Mar 19, 2014
Hello! I got a message today to send my passport to the Consulate General of Canada in New York. I'm wondering if I could drop it off instead of mailing it to the office address. I'm worried if it will take longer to get my passport back once it's easy for me to get there, I'm Brazilian, and my passport is my ID here. Thank you very much!

nuno89645

Apr 17, 2014
Folks,

I got an email from CIC stating that I should mail my passport to Canadian consulate in New York. Has any one done this before ? is it safe to send passport in mail.

Did any one try to go to Canadian Consulate in NY, USA for PR visa stamping, is it possible ? need you suggestion and guidance folks.

Thank You,

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nuno
Yes it's safe to send the passport to NY consulate by USPS Express mail. Also include a self address USPS express mail with your package. This is the safest way.

s371711imran

May 2, 2014
Hello , i applied online in uae got msg to submit passprt in 4 days. I submitted passprt personally at vfs. Now waiting for get the passport back. I am happy my application got approved, but not convinced to pay aed 78 approx per passport for transmission. The fees should not be same if one has more than 1 passport. Its not fair. I applied online to avoid vfs, but after application approval canada embassy directed me thru vfs, although i went to submit personally at trade centre abu dhabhi. Embassy personnal told me i need to submit thru vfs or thru aramex courier. ( aed 440 plus 30 drhms for courier 4 passprts and their return).

sofiaortizo

May 22, 2014
Hello

My application was approved and I sent my passport with the letter on May 12th, arriving on May13th to the New York Consulate. I travel on Tuesday and I have not received any news about it neither the tracking number is activated. Has anybody had a case like mine? How can I know where my passport is? Also, the Application Center in new York is closed, does this affect the timing?

Thanks!

naren514

Jun 13, 2014
bonitaellada said:
Nuno
Yes it's safe to send the passport to NY consulate by USPS Express mail. Also include a self address USPS express mail with your package. This is the safest way.
Hello,
I had a followup question on sending the Passport over USPS. Do we need to include VAC processing fee or any other fee along with the passport and CIC letter they sent us ? Please let me know, Thanks much