+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

time after sending passport for online application - canada visitor visa

sri.sachin24

Jun 28, 2014
Did any of you guys receive passport request from canada consulate in EMAIL? .. I applied for canada visitor visa online. After 35 days, nothing is updated in my online application, but when I inquired via email, I received reply to send my passport to NY consulate. I stay in los angeles.

Do you think I should mail in my passport based of an email, without them updating my online application??

Thanks,
Sri

hydguy

Jun 20, 2014
sri.sachin24 said:
Did any of you guys receive passport request from canada consulate in EMAIL? .. I applied for canada visitor visa online. After 35 days, nothing is updated in my online application, but when I inquired via email, I received reply to send my passport to NY consulate. I stay in los angeles.

Do you think I should mail in my passport based of an email, without them updating my online application??

Thanks,
Sri
I don't think NY consulate is handling stamping directly anymore, stamping has to go thru VAC NY (csc-cvac.com). It's best to email the NY consulate and find out if this is something specific to your case.

VAC will require the passport request letter and it sounds like you don't have it? Can you paste the format of the e-mail you received?

The passport request letter accessible from MyCIC usually contains the UCI and Application bar codes.

hydguy

Jun 20, 2014
sri.sachin24 said:

Thanks,
Sri
Another thing you can try is call VAC NY at (646) 741 0130. Explain your situation and ask them if sending a print out of the passport e-mail request is good enough for getting you passport stamped thru them. They do require a money order of $34.10 for getting the passport stamped.

sri.sachin24

Jun 28, 2014
This is the email I received from CNGNYIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca, but my online application in CIC is still not updated. and I am from Los Angeles.. So I was expecting to send my passport to LA consulate. Still deciding what to do..
=========================
Dear Sir,

Your application has been finalized and you have been granted a visa. Please send your passport to the Visa Application Center (VAC) in New York. Please refer to our website for information: www newyork gc ca

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Immigration Section | Section d'Immigration
Canadian Consulate General / Consulat général du Canada
1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020-1175 Government of
Canada | Gouvernement du Canada www newyork gc ca
newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
===========================================

hydguy

Jun 20, 2014
sri.sachin24 said:
This is the email I received from CNGNYIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca, but my online application in CIC is still not updated. and I am from Los Angeles.. So I was expecting to send my passport to LA consulate. Still deciding what to do..
=========================
Dear Sir,

Your application has been finalized and you have been granted a visa. Please send your passport to the Visa Application Center (VAC) in New York. Please refer to our website for information: www newyork gc ca

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Immigration Section | Section d'Immigration
Canadian Consulate General / Consulat général du Canada
1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020-1175 Government of
Canada | Gouvernement du Canada www newyork gc ca
newyork-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
===========================================

Well the e-mail clearly says "send your passport to VAC in NY". VAC (Visa Application Center) in NY is run by CSC (website is csc-cvac dot com) and is different from Canadian Consulate in NY. VAC NY charges a fee of USD 34.10 to get your passport stamped.

In your first message, you stated "I received reply to send my passport to NY consulate. I stay in los angeles." Your mention of NY Consulate got me confused.

All you need to do is print the e-mail you received, write your application number on it and follow these instructions (I posted them on the other thread too):

Mail the original money order (for USD 34.10) to following address: (although not required, you may also attach the passport request letter / e-mail (w/ the application number) you received along with the payment so they can relate the M.O. to the right application):

CSC Consular Services Inc
Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500
Philadelphia, PA 19178-3352

Mail the original passports, passport request letter/e-mail, signed VAC consent form, copy of money order, prepaid return envelope to:

Canadian Visa Application Centre – New York
290 Madison Ave, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017
USA

You can download the VAC consent form from csc-cvac dot com.

I used 3 USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes for the above but you can use any shipper you like. VAC doesn't care what shipper you use. But do use some kind of tracking.

It should take about 10 business days to get the passports stamped and returned to you in the prepaid envelope.