+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

time after sending passport for online application - canada visitor visa

gsxr143

Apr 4, 2013
I applied for canada visitor visa online on Mar 8th, received update on April 1st asking me to send the passport. I sent the passport to LA office and they received by April 3rd. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the stamped passport back?

Let me know if you need more info..

veb1

Mar 12, 2013
I sent mine on March 27, LA office received on Mar 28. I still haven't received my passport and no update for my express mail tracking. Should i be worried, since LA office usually send them back in 2-3 business days.

gsxr143

Apr 4, 2013
I have no idea, but that does not sound too long.. I was hoping to receive my in a week to 10 days..

Has anyone gone through similar experience? please post..

aravinda

Mar 17, 2013
Dear gsxr and veb1,

Please do share if you have any updates. My USPS return envelope is not yet active. My passport was received at LA same day as that of veb1. Mar 28th.

Aravinda

gsxr143

Apr 4, 2013
I received my passport back on Friday April 5th.. They wont use your Return envelope unless it's an unmetered one.. it should be flat rate usps and unmetered.. if not they will use their own envelope which takes longer time I guess.. you also should send the copy of the email message you received..

veb1

Mar 12, 2013
gsxr143 said:
I received my passport back on Friday April 5th.. They wont use your Return envelope unless it's an unmetered one.. it should be flat rate usps and unmetered.. if not they will use their own envelope which takes longer time I guess.. you also should send the copy of the email message you received..
That is strange. I had sent a prepaid postage express mail (not metered) and also included copy of email message. Not sure why i did not receive so far. I think same case with Aravinda also. Is something wrong with mails received on Mar 28?

aravinda

Mar 17, 2013
gsxr143 said:
Thanks gsxr for sharing your experience. But this is ridiculous! I included an overnight USPS express envelope for 20 USD flat rate. Not metered. Why the hell would they work on an application that was received on April 3rd before one that was received on the 28th is beyond my understanding.

I was planning to go this weekend and that has been ruined. I hope they at least get back before next weekend.

Veb1, I will inform you of any news on my front, and gsxr, thanks again for sharing.

Morina

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gsxr143 said:
I applied for canada visitor visa online on Mar 8th, received update on April 1st asking me to send the passport. I sent the passport to LA office and they received by April 3rd. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the stamped passport back?

Let me know if you need more info..

Hi guys

I made all documents ready just to make the payment online but its not accepting me the payment method...
I wanted to know whether I need to make the payment in Canadian dollars or I can do it with Euros also.

Thanx in advance

Ankita1234

May 2, 2013
Morina said:
Hi guys

I made all documents ready just to make the payment online but its not accepting me the payment method...
I wanted to know whether I need to make the payment in Canadian dollars or I can do it with Euros also.

Thanx in advance
I used my creditcard and it worked perfectly. I am not sure about Euros though !!

oz86

May 8, 2013
Hello guys,

I'm in the same boat, I received the letter asking for my passport on May 1, and sent it to the NY consulate right away (USPS shows they received it on May 2nd).

My return package is not available for tracking yet (prepaid flat rate express mail as they asked but who knows maybe they won't use it as you've mentioned), and I'm just wondering how long should it take to receive it?

When have you guys received yours?

Shurui

Apr 30, 2013
My passport was delivered to LA Consulate on May 1st, one day earlier than yours. My return tracking number is not yet activated. I believe it should be returned soon, in one or two days. Other posts show that LA consulate generally takes 8 days to stamp passport.

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
I just received an email from them advising that currently they are processing passports received on April 24, 2013.

Good luck all, we can just wait patiently and hope that it is sent to us soon.

Shurui

Apr 30, 2013
Oh that's a relief to me!! I sent it to LA consulate and I'm traveling next Tuesday morning.. At least from the information I've gathered so far, LA is faster than NY consulate so I still get a chance to receive it in time. Anyway thanks for sharing that information!