+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

time after sending passport for online application - canada visitor visa

May 23, 2013
My status:

Applied online : March 27th, 2013
Passport request: April 23rd, 2013

Could not send passport immediately due to intervening travel (10 days)

Passport sent: May 6th, 2013
Passport reached NYC consulate: May 7th, 2013

...waiting and watching for USPS tracking# activity - will update if something happens.

veepee

May 15, 2013
alaska cruiser said:
My status:
Applied online : March 27th, 2013
Passport request: April 23rd, 2013
Could not send passport immediately due to intervening travel (10 days)
Passport sent: May 6th, 2013
Passport reached NYC consulate: May 7th, 2013
...waiting and watching for USPS tracking# activity - will update if something happens.

My passport had reached NYC on 5/1 and my return mail tracker got activated today. You should be getting your passports back within a week. Don't worry. Oh BTW, the visa stamp did not have a photo (despite uploading them in the online applications) !!

meadowince

May 22, 2013
veepee said:
My passport had reached NYC on 5/1 and my return mail tracker got activated today. You should be getting your passports back within a week. Don't worry. Oh BTW, the visa stamp did not have a photo (despite uploading them in the online applications) !!
Hi Veepee,

Have you received any email from consulated informing you that they finalized your application?

Thanks

veepee

May 15, 2013
meadowince said:
Hi Veepee,

Have you received any email from consulated informing you that they finalized your application?

Thanks
Yes. I received that email on May 14th after my initial inquiry. Got the same message again on 5/20 (after another email follow up).

meadowince

May 22, 2013
veepee said:
Yes. I received that email on May 14th after my initial inquiry. Got the same message again on 5/20 (after another email follow up).
Thanks, the email you got on May 14th is because you sent your inquiry, because at this forum somewhere it was metioned that they will(Maybe sometimes) send a email just before they mail out your passport, and it is not because of inquiry...Have you got it?

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
I was just informed by NY consulate upon inquiry that "Please note your application has been finalized and all your documents will be returned to you shortly."

Hoping to have my passport back soon.

veepee

May 15, 2013
meadowince said:
Thanks, the email you got on May 14th is because you sent your inquiry, because at this forum somewhere it was metioned that they will(Maybe sometimes) send a email just before they mail out your passport, and it is not because of inquiry...Have you got it?
Yes. Just got the passport.

Despite uploading the photo online during the application, no photo graph on the approved TRV stamp.

antiquity

May 24, 2013
Hi, mimiko,

I am also waiting for my visa. I applied online on March 13. Get the passport request on April 30th and it was delivered to NYC on May 1st. I haven't got USPS tracking number activated, yet. It's so sad that my trip is on Sunday.

nelsonhood

May 4, 2013
Just received my passport, would like to share my timeline:
online application: 4/17
passport request: 4/30
passport received by NY visa office: 5/01
passport sent back to me: 5/23
received my passport: 5/24

On 5/23, I saw some people who sent their passport on 4/29-5/01 reported to have their tracking number activated. I sent a enquiring email to NY visa office, a couple of hours later, someone replied my email told me my documents were sent back to me "today". I'm not sure if my email actually reminded them to send my passport back or they were going to send it that day anyway.

Good luck everyone!

mimiko

May 8, 2013
could you please share when you see your tracking number actived? NY office told me they sent my passport back yesterday but I got nothing yet and tracking number does not active yet
nelsonhood said:
Just received my passport, would like to share my timeline:
online application: 4/17
passport request: 4/30
passport received by NY visa office: 5/01
passport sent back to me: 5/23
received my passport: 5/24

On 5/23, I saw some people who sent their passport on 4/29-5/01 reported to have their tracking number activated. I sent a enquiring email to NY visa office, a couple of hours later, someone replied my email told me my documents were sent back to me "today". I'm not sure if my email actually reminded them to send my passport back or they were going to send it that day anyway.

Good luck everyone!

mimiko

May 8, 2013
antiquity
mine is not actived yet too. I cannot understand why they lied to me. Now i am worried more than before

nelsonhood

May 4, 2013
mimiko said:
could you please share when you see your tracking number actived? NY office told me they sent my passport back yesterday but I got nothing yet and tracking number does not active yet
I checked it this morning (5/24) and it was activated. It shows that the document was accepted by USPS around 8PM of 5/23.