+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

time after sending passport for online application - canada visitor visa

mimiko

May 8, 2013
nelsonhood said:
I checked it this morning (5/24) and it was activated. It shows that the document was accepted by USPS around 8PM of 5/23.
So may I know that when you received the e-mail from consulate office that they sent the passport to you?

nelsonhood

May 4, 2013
Do you received your passport?
I received that email on 5/23 and I received my passport on 5/24。

mimiko said:
So may I know that when you received the e-mail from consulate office that they sent the passport to you?

May 28, 2013
I applied online and also made the payment online but no where did it ask if I am applying to LA or NY?
I am a bit concerned as the LA website shows that it accepts payments via money order or cheques. Did I do something wrong?

1. Do I need to pay again ?
2. Processing times are as per the location (NY or LA), online application did not mention either, so which processing time should I consider?

oz86

May 8, 2013
I think I'm going to NYC to visit the consulate on Friday. My passport was received on May 2nd, and nothing so far.

I do not even need the visa anymore, I simply need my passport back so that I can travel elsewhere next week.

I'm gonna try to have them pull my passport out and just hand it to me as is.

Anyone had such experience with the NY consulate?

meadowince

May 22, 2013
oz86 said:
I think I'm going to NYC to visit the consulate on Friday. My passport was received on May 2nd, and nothing so far.

I do not even need the visa anymore, I simply need my passport back so that I can travel elsewhere next week.

I'm gonna try to have them pull my passport out and just hand it to me as is.

Anyone had such experience with the NY consulate?
I will be there tomorrow morning...

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
Just now received a message from the NY consulate (upon asking the status of my application) that my passport has been mailed out last night. Quoting them "Your documents were returned to you via sase expmail trk#: ei XXXXXXXX us on May 28, 2013."

USPS site doesn't have the tracking # activated yet; not sure if this is a system error or delay in processing. Will wait patiently, as I was already.

Timeline:

7 April - Online Application
30 April - Request for Passport
2 May - Passport received by NY Consulate
28 May - Passport sent out (as per their email)

srip

May 13, 2013
I saw people getting passports in person from NY consulate when I was there. They had visa on their PP's and they were just lying there.

You might get the visa as well . All the best and let us know in this chat how it goes tomorrow.

meadowince

May 22, 2013
srip said:
I saw people getting passports in person from NY consulate when I was there. They had visa on their PP's and they were just lying there.

You might get the visa as well . All the best and let us know in this chat how it goes tomorrow.
Sure

May 23, 2013
Gratz, standardhelix!

What about the rest... kavranm (Apr 16), Nirvanarocks (Apr 29)? oz86 (May 2nd) pls update after your NYC visit.

I'm still waiting on mine (May 6)... expecting some movement next week. I have time on my side tho - July 20th cruise from Vancouver.

NirvanaRocks

May 16, 2013
I got mine yesterday and it was good for 5 years..:)

Strange that they did not send it by the fedex self addressed I sent to them but by the first class post...dont know why..
Also, there is no photo on the visa even when they asked for digital upload...

Good luck to all..

rmbt

May 29, 2013
meadowince said:
I will be there tomorrow morning...
Meadowince and Oz86....Any luck at NY Consulate? Did you manager to get your PP and visa?
I am planning to go their next Friday and get my PP.

srip

May 13, 2013
Just received my PP back with a Visa stamp for 1 year from LA consulate. Wasn't expecting it so fast.

Time lines :

Applied online : May 1st
PP request : May 27th
PP received by LA consulate : May 29th
PP received : June 1st.

NOTE : I have attached a covering letter to process it urgently with my US visa appointment date letter to it.

May 23, 2013
Ordeal about to end... I'm finally getting my mother-in-law's passport today! :-X

My story recap

Applied online : March 27th, 2013
Passport request: April 23rd, 2013

Could not send passport immediately due to intervening travel (10 days)

Passport sent: May 6th, 2013
Passport reached NYC consulate: May 7th, 2013

Return USPS Express Tracking activated: June 3rd, 2013 (Expected to be delivered June 3rd)
. . .

eckme

Jun 8, 2013
Thank you all for sharing your experience. After reading this post and other information online, I decided to send in my mom's passport for TRV visa stamp to the LA consulate instead of NY, and it turns out to be a correct move. I did include a pre-addressed USPS express envelope.

Applied online: May 14th, 2013
Passport request: May 20th, 2013

Could not send passport immediately due to intervening travel

Passport sent: June 3rd, 2013
Passport reached LA consulate: June 4th, 2013

Passport returned: June 7th, 2013
Passport received at home: June 8th, 2013

Good luck to all!