+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for the people who sent application to CPC-M btwn 20 July to 20 Aug

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Married in May and sponsored my US husband, August 20th. Hoping things will go smoothly. Haven't heard anything yet, but the website says they are currently working on August 11th sponsorship applications.

Is the application for PR really this slow? Hope things go smoothly and my husband can start working soon.

Good luck to all applicants.

Lylyth

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Heleina said:
hi badhet, I put CPC - Mississauga

I dont know if im right.. but my papers are already in process
thanks heleina...

OneLuckyCookie said:
@ badhet: I m not sure how to help you. Just wanted to let you know that it is considered rude to post in all CAPITALS... ;-)
aryt oneluckycookie... i wont do the same next time...hihihihi

Algerina

Jan 5, 2009
Ok ok....I can get into Ecas...I guess that UK and England are 2 separate places in the world of the CIC! Thanks for your help everyone!

zghansar

Jul 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long would it take for Abu dhabi office to issue AOR after CIC sent the file?

Also how do they send it? email or letter?

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
@ Lylyth: Good luck to you, too! =)

@ Algerina: Good to hear that you could finally log on to Ecas. Funny how the UK and England are not the same. =) I almost tried to long in with the Democratic Republic of Germany as place of birth. Haha. Only noticed after that there were two different Germanies. =)

@ badhet: ;-)

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
badhet said:
HI,

ON IMM008 THERE IS A QUESTION STATING "VISA OFFICE REQUESTED FOR THE PROCESS OF YOUR APPLICATION???

WHAT SHALL I WRITE... IM HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES?? SHALL I WRITE MANILA.. OR SHOULD IT BE CPC-M...

MANY THANKS..

My understanding with this question is that you would NOT put CPC-M as that is the office that is processing the Sponsor's application, not the PR application. So, if you are in the Philippines and PR applications are process in Manila then that's what I believe you would put. For me, my spouse is American so we put Buffalo for the answer to that question. If somebody on here who is more aware of this answer could confirm this it would be very helpful as this is just MY understanding.

zghansar

Jul 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes it needs to be manila and not Mississauga.

This option is given because a person is allowed to apply through his/her country of nationality or of his/her country of habitual residence, hence they ask you where you would like it to be processed.

TripleP

May 28, 2009
Hey guys!

I think many (most?) of us in this thread have now received our respective sponsorship approvals. Congratulations to everyone for that!

I'm just wondering for how many people the next stage has officially begun. When I log on to ECAS (sponsor information using receipt number), under the "Permanent Residence Application Status" it lists Not Available. I received my sponsorship approval letter from CPC-M about two weeks ago and the letter (dated September 1) indicated that our application was being forward to the visa office in Taiwan.

I'm assuming sometime soon that the "Permanent Residence Application Status" on ECAS will change to something like "In Progress" or something similar to that. Is that true? Has that happened for anybody yet? I think at this stage of the process we will start to see our timelines diverge a bit because it will take the mail longer to be delivered to Taiwan as compared to a closer visa office (such as Buffalo). Also, each visa office has its on speed and unique quirks. Nonetheless, it's still interesting to get updates from you guys!

Thanks!

AdSh

Sep 1, 2009
Lylyth said:
Married in May and sponsored my US husband, August 20th. Hoping things will go smoothly. Haven't heard anything yet, but the website says they are currently working on August 11th sponsorship applications.

Is the application for PR really this slow? Hope things go smoothly and my husband can start working soon.

Good luck to all applicants.

Lylyth
Hey there...we submitted Aug 17th, no update received... Maybe we'll hear something by tom? keeping my fingers crossed

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
Hi TripleP,

I've received my letter dated on July 2 saying that I was approved to sponsor my husband from Egypt and in Ecas, it still says not available under temporary visa status. I've heard of some people that their status changed after they had their visa in their hands so I guess ecas is not that reliable.

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Hey TripleP,
as you can see my application status changed to "in process" about one week after the sponsorship approval was sent out. Since it takes about a week to mail sth from Canada to Germany with regular mail, they must have started processing one or two days after receiving it. Pretty quick I would say. =)

TripleP

May 28, 2009
Thanks for your replies!

As expected, the time lines for the offices appear to be very different and they are not consistent in terms of updating ECAS. I guess ECAS may not always be the best way to judge the progress of the application.

Having said that, it usually takes about two weeks to mail stuff to Taiwan, so it would be really nice and comforting for me if my status changed to "in process" soon!

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Badhet, i got mine from NBI. NBI clearance is what the embassy needed. make sure you'll put VISA CANADA as your purpose and don't forget the dry seal. It's a very essential document so make sure it's correct.