GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
margrey said:
On July 13, my wife (applicant) got a phone call from the embassy (Guatemala), just to ask her if was ok for her to send the documents and her passport to the Nicaragua consulate, because her mailing address is in Canada (my address) due that she was using me as her representative, and for her to go to pick it up, and also they ask her if was ok to destroy the e-mails, communication records, etc, and only send back pics, and original docs.
that sounds like great news Margrey!!!

so hopefully your visa stamped passport is just around the corner at the Canadian consulate in Managua???

J

jdwhite21

Wow thats awesome Margrey!!

We have good news also. We received a letter today requesting we pay the ROPRF and also send in my husband's passport and a few documents to the Guatemala office. We are so happy. But a question to all of you... how long does it usually take to finish this part of the process??? and does this mean he gets PR for sure now?? Like I hate to worry so much but we've been through so much already its hard not to worry...

Thanks all and good luck to all of you!!!!!

javiernica

Star Member
Jul 1, 2008
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
Doc's Request.
17-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
25-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
jdwhite21 said:
Wow thats awesome Margrey!!

We have good news also. We received a letter today requesting we pay the ROPRF and also send in my husband's passport and a few documents to the Guatemala office. We are so happy. But a question to all of you... how long does it usually take to finish this part of the process??? and does this mean he gets PR for sure now?? Like I hate to worry so much but we've been through so much already its hard not to worry...
I remember when they asked for my husband's passport and some additional information, we were so excited. They asked for his Feb 17 and we did not get an approval until May 3rd. We were also getting nervous because my husband's medicals were up on June 25. I have heard that it is not a guarantee that if they ask for the passport you get a visa but it does seem like many that were on here it was.
My husband is now in Canada and I am packing up our home in the US so we are separated for the next month but we are really excited about starting our life in Canada together!
Good Luck!!!

J

jdwhite21

Thanks for the reply javiernica!! Okay well if we are lucky and get even in 3 months or so that's still definitely a lot faster than we were expecting. His medicals aren't up until December so we have a little time yet. I hope the trend of everyone getting the passport request and getting the visa continues. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Congrats and good luck on starting your lives together :)

margrey

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Doc's Request.
e-mail 26-05-2011, sent doc 07-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-04-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-01-2011
Passport Req..
E-mail 26-05-2011, sent pastport on 07-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 07, 2011, PP to pick it up on July 19, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 16, 2011
jdwhite21,
Give between 5 to 8 weeks, is what I estimated, they sent my wife PR at the 5 weeks, you are very close. Good luck.
My wife picked up the passport at the Nicaragua consulate on July 20, she received a call from Guatemala embassy to verify with her, if was ok to send all the documentation, pics, originals of documents, including her visa and passport to that location, because she put me as her representative and my address is in Canada, also they ask her if was ok to destroy all the e-mails, receipts, papers that look like no to important, she said ok. Now, she had her visa, just waiting to September for landing, we have to put several things in order, I am going to Nicaragua to bring her and our son to Canada.

J

jdwhite21

5-8 weeks sounds pretty fantastic to me! Definitely a lot sooner than we had both ever imagined! I am so excited I can't even contain myself.. That is very exciting that your wife and son will be landing in September!! I love hearing all these happy endings and am just thrilled that we finally will have ours :)

psalinasr

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2011
Med's Done....
5-12-2010
Passport Req..
17-04-2011
Hi,
I sent my passport on april 23. I was told that I have to wait at least 3 month. What I don't understand is why my ecas does not change, it only says Application received on xxxx, and Medical exams received.

When I got the email requesting my passport, the checklist was all blank, only the passport box was checked along with some payment. Thats all.

Does ecas really change at some point of the process?

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 8, 2010 and again Sep 12, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
Ours is the exact same case. We sent the passport April 18. Ours doesn't even say medicals received, but nothing else was checked off on the request form. I did get a response FINALLY back from Guatemala saying nothing else id required and that our application is in a queue awaiting processing from an IO. Who knows how long that is....Some people get it back in a month, and others way longer. This is frustrating though.

psalinasr said:
Hi,
I sent my passport on april 23. I was told that I have to wait at least 3 month. What I don't understand is why my ecas does not change, it only says Application received on xxxx, and Medical exams received.

When I got the email requesting my passport, the checklist was all blank, only the passport box was checked along with some payment. Thats all.

Does ecas really change at some point of the process?

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
August 2010, redo september 6 2011
Passport Req..
Febuary 2011, again on september 2 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
October 19 2011 -Si Dios quiere :)
Mine said medicals recieved since 3 months ago and 2 weeks later was gone and they did email asking for my husbands passport, criminal record, rcmo and ARC fee payment and a copy of the right of permanent resident fee, and I sent this since march and since then havent heard nothing but the same as amberrojas am in queque to be viewed by an IO and on ecas since I first logged in it just says he have recieved xxxxx application since october 18 2010 and thats it no update on nothing besides medicals recieved just for about 2 weeks and then boom gone, and my husbands medicals are going to expire august 10, they say they give priority to these cases but dont know, and if no visa before that then my hubby need to redo medicals

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
Alex121 said:
Mine said medicals recieved since 3 months ago and 2 weeks later was gone and they did email asking for my husbands passport, criminal record, rcmo and ARC fee payment and a copy of the right of permanent resident fee, and I sent this since march and since then havent heard nothing but the same as amberrojas am in queque to be viewed by an IO and on ecas since I first logged in it just says he have recieved xxxxx application since october 18 2010 and thats it no update on nothing besides medicals recieved just for about 2 weeks and then boom gone, and my husbands medicals are going to expire august 10, they say they give priority to these cases but dont know, and if no visa before that then my hubby need to redo medicals

My husbands medicals and criminal record are also expiring end of next month. When he calls the Costa Rican consulate they say that around the 15th of every month is when they receive passports back from Guatemala. If we don't get ours next month around the 15th, then we'll have to re-do medicals and criminal record. And then that will be at least another couple months to process those. These documents should have a longer expiry date since the approval is never consistent and can take more than a year!

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
U would have to redo criminal record too why? i thought only medicals ya when I call the costa rican embassy too the girl says that and this month nothing and like I said medicals ar due so am guessing the 15th there gonna send me a letter asking for medicals, and as well when I called guatamala the secretary said if everything is processed they can send your passport as fast as a week but not for every case so right now am in between visa or redo medicals and the worse is that they dont answer my emails soo frustrating

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
I just assumed that criminal records expire after 1 year as well? Maybe not.Makes sense that they would since one could have something added after you've applied for the PRV

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
I dont know I heard that the criminal record from costa rica is vaild for a year, but I dont know, am not 100% sure ? but ya this waiting is making me go bonkers I have emailed them to ask them whats going on and nothing and ecas is the same since 8 months ago, soo am just confused and frustrated like I need an answer what is going on with my case, sorry for typing so much Its just the situation makes me angry

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
My husbands has been almost a year. He had it done at the start if Sept 2010 and then we sent our sponsorhip/PRV application in Oct 2010. I emailed last week to Guatemala and made sure to not ask any questions...they dont answer questions (ironic, yes). I just stated that nothing was consistent and nothing had been updated since November. I wrote that our docs are expiring in a month and due to the lack of correspondence I have no idea if we need to re submit anything. They responded in 2 days saying we are in a queue. It wasn't that helpful!, but at least it was a response.
Prior to that I had emailed asking questions and I later read online on the embassy site that they do not respond to emails asking if they have received docs or questions.
Try emailing just facts and see what you get. And state that you're concerned and do not know who to contact in regards to further information.

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
Mine in october will be a year I sent the application in septemer but they didnt send it to guatemala till october which was when all the process started so we are close on our timelines. My lawyer sent them an email that she sent all the docs and as well told them that the medicals are about to expire, and that was last week and till today no response, and before that a month ago or more my lawyer again sent an email and they replied that we are in queque but now we are worried cuz of the medicals I want to write to them an email but am scared we are contacting them to much lol and make them mad lol and as well my lawyer did write to them a week ago so am just gonna wait till next week either all write or my lawyer will and I never ask question or tell them the troubles we are facing cuz I know they dont respond just the basics and nothing but all try again, anyway GOOD LUCK to all of us still waiting :)