30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
muchacha said:
I was also anticipating a looooong wait (25 months for Guatemala!) but now with this new VO, I am hoping (praying!) it will be faster!

Just out of curiosity, did Mexico request any documents along with the AOR? Or did they mention what the next steps are? Seems like for Mexicans, they usually request police clearances etc at this stage, and then 6ish weeks later request the passport.

But for the rest of Central America, we've already sent in police clearances... I guess I was hoping that we would get to skip a step in their process.
No, they haven't requested additional documents... yet. I'm hoping the documentation we submitted upfront will be sufficient, but you never know.

Will keep my fingers crossed, lol!

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
My fingers are crossed for you too! Keep me posted! What country are you (or your partner) from?

HDS27

Jul 20, 2012
My husband got his pr today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guatemala called us on monday to tell us
to pick up his package the following day at dhl. though they do not give information on the phone
we feel like a big weight has been lifted of out shoulders!!. Thank you so much to everyone on this site
for all there information our timeline was as follows
applied:july 2011
sponsership approval:nov 2011
Papers recieved to guatemala : december 2011
asked for additional documents :feb 2012
june 2012: passport requested medicals redone and passport pictures along and a new criminal backround check
nov 2012:pr issued !!!(they kept his passport for 5 months )

our total time was 16 months we did not have an interview bc i sent an abudance of information
Good luck to all of you dont worry the wait is over sooner then you think !!1

Good bless

jcasanova

Mar 9, 2012
Hey guys,

any Idea how long after you sent your medicals they called back with an answer? I sent my the first week of december and I was wondering how long I might have to wait... Thanks

ferd2000hn

Feb 10, 2009
In my case it took 2 months (Sep & Oct). The MD sent medicals to wherever and I sent my passports to the embassy all on the same week. It took 2 months for my passports to come back. BTW I applied under the FSW. From the statistics is clear that they're processing their FSW backlog rather quickly, which might impact other streams.

Good luck!

jcasanova

Mar 9, 2012
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that Yesterday I got my PR :D :D :D they called me on Tuesday saying they were sending something to me, to my surprise it was my PR... I got to admit I was a little freak out since when my Brother got his they only send back his passport and some forms, in my case they send everything that proves that the relationship is real along with the passport and forms.

The time frame for my papers were as follow:

Application submitted: August 2011
Approve of sponsorship: January 2012
Required of passport and finger prints: June 2012
Required of new Medicals: December 2012
Permanent Residency: January 2013

In total it took 1 year and 6 months. They hold my passport for 7 months.

I just hope that this gives you guys some encouragement. I know how hard it is to be apart from your love ones I've miss birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, and many other special dates. but at the end it is all worth it... I'm flying from Costa Rica to Toronto and then Vancouver... I truly hope that you all get reunited with your love ones soon.