+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for people using the Guatemala Office

J

jdwhite21

Does anybody know where to get a fingerprint check done in El Salvador??

Thanks in advance.
Jess.

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
any new updates at this office?

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
August 2010, redo september 6 2011
Passport Req..
Febuary 2011, again on september 2 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
October 19 2011 -Si Dios quiere :)
Hey aneyshar on my behalf no, but I do have a question my husbands medicals are going to expire august 10 and I havent heard nothing from guatemala now my question is will they extend medicals or ask my hubby to redo them, hope you or anyone can answer my question :)

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Alex121 said:
Hey aneyshar on my behalf no, but I do have a question my husbands medicals are going to expire august 10 and I havent heard nothing from guatemala now my question is will they extend medicals or ask my hubby to redo them, hope you or anyone can answer my question :)
Good question alex, but sorry i wouldnt know the answer :-[

I'd assume they would ask you new medicals unless they are now in the process of telling you a visa has been issued, which would be great. Let's hope for the better!

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
ok thanks, I have read and my rep as well told me that they can extended for 3-6 months but I dont know if this is true :s o well I guess am gonna have to wait to see what they say

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Alex121 said:
ok thanks, I have read and my rep as well told me that they can extended for 3-6 months but I dont know if this is true :s o well I guess am gonna have to wait to see what they say
alex, can you call the VO and find out what would be the best course of action? I know that you called them before, what have they told you?

Why dont you call again and tell them your concern about the medicals becoming expired?

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
hey aneyshar I can call but dont want to be annoying lol plus my representative has written them emails and if we both do this will cause confusion, so I rather wait a lil more, as well in a another thread someones medicals were extended for 11 months applying outland so it is true they can extend medicals but that depends on the officer or embassy I guess not sure, so am gonna wait till august 10, If I dont here anything from them am going to call them again if I can get through or email/fax them, unless they contact me first to tell my my hubby needs to redo medicals, I hope I here something soon :)

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Alex121 said:
hey aneyshar I can call but dont want to be annoying lol plus my representative has written them emails and if we both do this will cause confusion, so I rather wait a lil more, as well in a another thread someones medicals were extended for 11 months applying outland so it is true they can extend medicals but that depends on the officer or embassy I guess not sure, so am gonna wait till august 10, If I dont here anything from them am going to call them again if I can get through or email/fax them, unless they contact me first to tell my my hubby needs to redo medicals, I hope I here something soon :)
Good move, alex121. Good luck then and i'm hoping you hear soon so your wait is over. ;)

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
Thanks lol I really hope I here something soon I dont care if we have to pay medicals again I just want this to be over because I miss canada, everything and everyone and I have plans for my future together with my husband and I feel like I will never accomplish them because my life is on pause right now :( sorry for blabbing away its just those days that I get soo sad and feel like this will never be over :( and hopefully soon I will here something and of course all keep the thread updated :)

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 8, 2010 and again Sep 12, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
Alex121 said:
Thanks lol I really hope I here something soon I dont care if we have to pay medicals again I just want this to be over because I miss canada, everything and everyone and I have plans for my future together with my husband and I feel like I will never accomplish them because my life is on pause right now :( sorry for blabbing away its just those days that I get soo sad and feel like this will never be over :( and hopefully soon I will here something and of course all keep the thread updated :)
That is exactly how I feel, but I am the one in Canada. It is hard being away from a spouse...they should have better processes!!

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
ooo amberrojas I feel your pain I think if I was in canada alone I would feel horrible, but hopefully this waiitng will be over soon, and ya they should have way better processing times, plus look how many countries depend on this vo, What part of cr is ur hubby from? are u in toronto?

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
I have an update everyone guatemala just called me and asked if my husband can travel before august 10 2011 so they can send his passport for landind, :D but I said no because we want to leave together and as well we do have a 3 yr old child and dont want to rush things in soo lil time so the lady said ok redo the medicals once they are done we will issue visa and you and your hubby can leave together, I AM THE HAPPIEST WOMAN ALIVE THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT I FEEL RIGHT NOW, I am much closer to the end my hubby could have left but no time and he wouldnt want to leave us to alone so we have to redo the medicals :( but o well at least we know it was a positive response and that we are much closer to the end, be patient everyone your turn will come :)))))

J

jdwhite21

Awesome Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!!!!!!! It's unfortunate about the medicals but at least you guys have finally reached the end!!!

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
alex, those are great news.... well, not exactly the way you expected it but positive anyways. Like CharlieD said elsewhere, in the meantime you wait for the visa after the medicals are submitted, you can start the packing and planning your trip and arrival in Canada!

So congratulations and good job sticking around and being strong for the entire time!

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
jdwhite and aneyshar thank you, and ya am sad becasue he have to redo our medicals like we could have left by wednesday but the truth thats soo fast and so lil time and we do want to say bye to our hubbys family but the lady told me once u do them we can issue the visa but of course this is gonna take awhile like am guessing we should recieve his passport back by september 20 approx but at least they believed that our marriage is true and that we only want to be together as a family and as well got his arc granted so another 2 months wont hurt :) I just one to say good luck to everyone and not to give up soon your time will come soon :D