August 2010, redo september 6 2011
Passport Req..
Febuary 2011, again on september 2 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
October 19 2011 -Si Dios quiere :)
Hello everyone
sorry I couldnt update cuz I dont have internet lol :) but I have good news we got a call on friday the 6th stating that they would send the passport via DHL with visa stamped and the very next day saturday my husband went to pick it up, we have everything in our handa and today we are buying the tickets :D SOOO HAPPY and congrats to u amberrojas :)

Jul 28, 2011
Congrats Alex, it's wonderful to read about a number of people recently getting their passports back..

I have a question for you and those who got a call saying they were approved... what time of day did you get the call?? I just know that according to the cic website, they only process visas from 8:30-10:00 guatemala time... does that mean that they would only make calls during this time too or would it be possible for them to make calls in the afternoon?

I am getting so paranoid and stressed, feel like I'm always on the edge of my seat.. just want this to be over. :(

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 8, 2010 and again Sep 12, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
costaricacanada said:
Congrats Alex, it's wonderful to read about a number of people recently getting their passports back..

I have a question for you and those who got a call saying they were approved... what time of day did you get the call?? I just know that according to the cic website, they only process visas from 8:30-10:00 guatemala time... does that mean that they would only make calls during this time too or would it be possible for them to make calls in the afternoon?

I am getting so paranoid and stressed, feel like I'm always on the edge of my seat.. just want this to be over. :(
I think they called my husbands house around 1pm on a Thursday. He wasn't there as he lives in Fortuna for work, so they told his mother that he was approved. Then she gave them his cell number and they called him at 2 pm that same day. I found it weird that they told her he was approved as they always make it seem like everything is so confidential, but who cares, it was approved!! Congratulations to everyone who was recently arrpved!! My husband will meet me in Vancouver while I'm there visiting family from Europe that haven't met him yet! Nov 10 is when I welcome him to Canada!!!!!!

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
August 2010, redo september 6 2011
Passport Req..
Febuary 2011, again on september 2 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
October 19 2011 -Si Dios quiere :)
Hello costaricanada
They have always called me before noon time, but thats me so I dont know about the others but am guessing soo they should make calls during the office hours

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
Quick question for those who received the Visa...How many entries does it say for the permanent residence visa? My husbands says 1, but we thought maybe they give him another when he enters Canada as well as the perm. residence card. Just curious. I haven't actually seen the Visa as he is still in CR.

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
amberrojas said:
Quick question for those who received the Visa...How many entries does it say for the permanent residence visa? My husbands says 1, but we thought maybe they give him another when he enters Canada as well as the perm. residence card. Just curious. I haven't actually seen the Visa as he is still in CR.
Hello
It says one entry because once he enters Canada, they must issue his Permanent Resident Card, which he needs to use to re enter Canada.
OJO !

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/arriving.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/index.asp

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
costaricacanada said:

3.00pm for me

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
Thanks Felicity01. My husband is flying into Vancouver (via Toronto and Montreal), and then 4 days later we fly to Edmonton. He won't have troubles with the flight to Edmonton as it's domestic right?

J

jdwhite21

Wow, I haven't been on the forum for a while and suddenly a lot of people are getting their visas. Congratulations to all of you!! I'm so happy for all of you and hopefully this means speedy processing for the rest of us!!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
amberrojas said:
Thanks Felicity01. My husband is flying into Vancouver (via Toronto and Montreal), and then 4 days later we fly to Edmonton. He won't have troubles with the flight to Edmonton as it's domestic right?
Hello
I haven't read anything specifically talking about it, but since according to what the web site says the document is needed to RE ENTER Canada, then, I would think is ok to fly withing Canada, I really don't know.

Have fun!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
GOT MY IMMIGRANT VISA IN MY HANDS!!!!!!!!

Heading back
Process started in march 2010, refused in November 2010 by mistake, won appeal in june 2011, now heading back home
The visa looks just like the temporary visa, and says immigrant

FELIZ!

Jul 28, 2011
Just two days ago I noticed that our status on ecas changed to "decision made" and it says that my husband will be contacted concerning this decision. How long does it usually take for them to make contact? Is there still a chance that it could mean something bad??

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
costaricacanada said:
Just two days ago I noticed that our status on ecas changed to "decision made" and it says that my husband will be contacted concerning this decision. How long does it usually take for them to make contact? Is there still a chance that it could mean something bad??
Hello, for many of us Ecas hasn't been available lately.
For me once before when it said decision made meant bad news, so I guess it could go either way.
Try to e-mail them to find out.

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
congratulations amberrojas, felicity, alex121, and costaricacanada!! Good luck in your lives together with your significant others!!

I like to ask if any of you have submitted a formal query to the visa office in Guatemala and if it was responded?

I submitted a query this week asking for info on my application if it was received at all at CPC in Mississauga. I cannot call Mississauga and nothing shows on ecas so it's kind of worrying and upsetting not to know anything and not be able to get in touch with these people. any help is appreciated.

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Aneyshar said:
congratulations amberrojas, felicity, alex121, and costaricacanada!! Good luck in your lives together with your significant others!!

I like to ask if any of you have submitted a formal query to the visa office in Guatemala and if it was responded?

I submitted a query this week asking for info on my application if it was received at all at CPC in Mississauga. I cannot call Mississauga and nothing shows on ecas so it's kind of worrying and upsetting not to know anything and not be able to get in touch with these people. any help is appreciated.
Hello I was thinking of your case the other day
I received a quick answer e-mailing Guatemala through these e-mails, just cc all of them

Be short and clear, write your file number, birthdate, full name and country of residence.

gtmla-im@international.gc.ca
guatemala-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
gtmla@international.gc.ca

Good luck!