+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for people using the Guatemala Office

Cantico

Oct 5, 2011
Hello Aneyshar,

I may be mistaken, but I thought all Family Class Applications had to be sent first to Mississauga, Ontario. Did you send here first or directly to Guatemala?

Belizian

Jul 7, 2011
Cantico:

I know what it is like to get your hopes up. As my situation is also quite similar.. Denied TRV multiple times.
BUT the good news is that my husband had the same thing occur with AOR on Sept 20th and then request for his passport and prepaid airway bill the next day Sept 21st. Guatemala received his passport on Sept 26th and my husband just got a phone call today saying he is approved and passport will be sent back tomorrow!! It seems like Guatemala is improving the timeframe in some instances. I would think that you should hear something in the next few weeks!! I cannot wait to see my husband if he gets his passport by Friday he ll be here in Canada on Saturday with me!! :D

People in this thread should keep hope..and my advice is pray a lot!! lol.

Alex121 - I have a feeling that they were calling to say the passport will be shipped and everything is approved since my husband did get the same call today!! Good luck! :) :) :)

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Cantico said:
Hello Aneyshar,

I may be mistaken, but I thought all Family Class Applications had to be sent first to Mississauga, Ontario. Did you send here first or directly to Guatemala?
Cantico, yes. Our app package was sent to Mississauga, but we haven't heard from either Mississauga or Guatemala and it's been 84 days without any communication from CIC whatsoever. So I was wondering if anyone is aware if Guatemala could have information on our process and if not, how to obtain information when the CIC call centre cannot be reached from outside of Canada.

Belizian

Jul 7, 2011
Aneyshar:

Maybe if you have friends or family in Canada they could call CIC and then call you 3-way so you can talk to them. If it has been 84 days it seems as though something is not quite right. I thought someone said before you could call from out of Canada..but I am not 100% on that.. I thought it was in this forum though.

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Thank you, Belizian, I'll try that. But it's very disappointing that CIC would not open up all the channels to allow communication with them to find out on the status of the applications. The only thing we have is the courier's confirmation of our package being delivered to the Case processing centre, and that's it. Had any documents been missing, shouldn't they notify of that right away? I'm so upset with this because we were particularly careful with the documentation provided, yet apparently not careful enough.

Cantico

Oct 5, 2011
Belizian said:
Cantico:

I know what it is like to get your hopes up. As my situation is also quite similar.. Denied TRV multiple times.
BUT the good news is that my husband had the same thing occur with AOR on Sept 20th and then request for his passport and prepaid airway bill the next day Sept 21st. Guatemala received his passport on Sept 26th and my husband just got a phone call today saying he is approved and passport will be sent back tomorrow!! It seems like Guatemala is improving the timeframe in some instances. I would think that you should hear something in the next few weeks!! I cannot wait to see my husband if he gets his passport by Friday he ll be here in Canada on Saturday with me!! :D
Thanks Belizian,

That gives me hope. I'll keep up positive thoughts but temper my enthusiam. Let me know when your Husband's passport arrives.

Cantico

Oct 5, 2011
Aneyshar said:
But it's very disappointing that CIC would not open up all the channels to allow communication with them to find out on the status of the applications. The only thing we have is the courier's confirmation of our package being delivered to the Case processing centre, and that's it. Had any documents been missing, shouldn't they notify of that right away? I'm so upset with this because we were particularly careful with the documentation provided, yet apparently not careful enough.
Hello again Aneyshar,

Did you provide CIC with a Canadian address to send you info? I received my approval of sponsorship by regular mail. Even though I gave them a phone number and an e-mail address, they chose regular mail. I don't believe you will be able to access eCAS before they send you back a file# or a UCI#. If the address that you provided was El Salvador, it may just be taking more time to get there. If you didn't provide them a Canadian address, you may want to get them a Canadian address. Maybe the Canadian embassy in El Salvador can help.

GuateVision83

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Passport Req..
13-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2012
LANDED..........
02-02-2012!
Hello,

I would like to share my experience with the Guatemala office.

I am sponsoring my wife and 2 dependent children. Its been quite stressful putting the package togther and gathering all necessary documents. In total it took me about 2 months to get everything together.

Finally I mailed out the complete package last night through Canada post to Mississauga.

Now the wait begins...

I will post my updates as they become available and its great reading all the stories here.

I pray that all of you are reunited with your loved ones and never give up hope!

Cheers

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
felicity, what happened to those numbers you posted earlier for the Canadian visa office???

@ Cantico, my husband (the Canadian sponsor) is not living in Canada therefore he doesnt have a Canadian address, so we listed our local address in E.S. That's the reason we cannot call the CIC in Mississauga. We provided both our email addresses but for some reason the CIC chose not to notify us anything by email. Apparently there is a letter in the mail though it's not possible to confirm that, so we're now wondering what to do. If by next week we dont hear from Immigration we will submit an inquiry through the Guatemala office and hope that they have some information on our file, but as you can imagine it's been pretty distressing and confusing, having no means to contact with the CIC.

I'm afraid that our file gets lost or, equally stressful, that their notifications get lost and dont reach to us. What to do?

Cantico

Oct 5, 2011
Aneyshar said:
felicity, what happened to those numbers you posted earlier for the Canadian visa office???

@ Cantico, my husband (the Canadian sponsor) is not living in Canada therefore he doesnt have a Canadian address, so we listed our local address in E.S. That's the reason we cannot call the CIC in Mississauga. We provided both our email addresses but for some reason the CIC chose not to notify us anything by email. Apparently there is a letter in the mail though it's not possible to confirm that, so we're now wondering what to do. If by next week we dont hear from Immigration we will submit an inquiry through the Guatemala office and hope that they have some information on our file, but as you can imagine it's been pretty distressing and confusing, having no means to contact with the CIC.

I'm afraid that our file gets lost or, equally stressful, that their notifications get lost and dont reach to us. What to do?
Aneyshar, I'm no expert, but from what I understand, Canadian Citizens are either residents or non-residents. If a Canadian Citizen sponsors, they have to prove their residency. One of the best ways to do this is to provide a Canadian address. I guess if you can't offer a Canadian address - CIC may consider your Husband as a non-resident. I'm also assuming that he doesn't currently pay health care premiums or have any other expenses in Canada.

Non-resident Canadian citizens can still sponsor, but they have to go through an extra step proving how they will re-establish residency in Canada. I was told that they consider things like where you are going to live, job prospects, bank savings, etc...

Assuming that you did do this last step, it may be that CIC has to examine this more closely and thus the delay.

If you haven't, I might probably investigate this a little closer.

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Cantico said:
Aneyshar, I'm no expert, but from what I understand, Canadian Citizens are either residents or non-residents. If a Canadian Citizen sponsors, they have to prove their residency. One of the best ways to do this is to provide a Canadian address. I guess if you can't offer a Canadian address - CIC may consider your Husband as a non-resident. I'm also assuming that he doesn't currently pay health care premiums or have any other expenses in Canada.

Non-resident Canadian citizens can still sponsor, but they have to go through an extra step proving how they will re-establish residency in Canada. I was told that they consider thing like where you are going to live, job prospects, bank savings, etc...

Assuming that you did do this last step, it may be that CIC has to examine this more closely and thus the delay.

If you haven't, I might probably investigate this a little closer.
Cantico, yes, as a sponsor living exclusively outside of Canada other documentation is required, which you mentioned. We provided those. If there was a delay because CIC takes longer to examine such cases, then how come other applicants in this forum with similar situations (sponsor living outside Canada, extra docs required, etc.) have been processed and approved as sponsors already, on average within the same timeframe as sponsors IN Canada.

I don't understand, especially because the CIC has not been very forthcoming with information regarding our case. So, anyways, I will submit an inquiry to the VO if by next week we don't receive anything in the mail. Thanks for your wonderful support and good luck with your application.

Cantico

Oct 5, 2011
Aneyshar said:
Cantico, yes, as a sponsor living exclusively outside of Canada other documentation is required, which you mentioned. We provided those. If there was a delay because CIC takes longer to examine such cases, then how come other applicants in this forum with similar situations (sponsor living outside Canada, extra docs required, etc.) have been processed and approved as sponsors already, on average within the same timeframe as sponsors IN Canada.

I don't understand, especially because the CIC has not been very forthcoming with information regarding our case. So, anyways, I will submit an inquiry to the VO if by next week we don't receive anything in the mail. Thanks for your wonderful support and good luck with your application.
Aneyshar, I'm not sure what to say. And I know I haven't been much of a help. As you've said I would just keep thinking of ways to contact CIC. Good luck and keep us posted.

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Cantico said:
Aneyshar, I'm not sure what to say. And I know I haven't been much of a help. As you've said I would just keep thinking of ways to contact CIC. Good luck and keep u s posted.
Hello
The numbers I posted are for the visa offices in Guatemala, and I called them today, they've told me they will only be able to provide information to the applicants who had applied through them and I did it through the Embassy of Canada, so no way to know.

As far as contacting the embassy in Guatemala, they wont get back to you with an answer as long as your application has been submitted before 18 months, if it is less than 18 months, they wont answer, ( is what they say in the web site though )

Good luck

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 8, 2010 and again Sep 12, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
Great news!!!!!
The embassy in Guatemala called my husband today and said he was approved for the passport. They are mailing it with DHL today and he can pick it up tomorrow or Saturday at the DHL centre in SJO!!! YaaaaaAA!!!!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
amberrojas said:
Great news!!!!!
The embassy in Guatemala called my husband today and said he was approved for the passport. They are mailing it with DHL today and he can pick it up tomorrow or Saturday at the DHL centre in SJO!!! YaaaaaAA!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed my call yesterday.... I am waiting for them to get back to me I hope is good news!