Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
I think the majority of us have used DHL. I would stick with them because if the embassy in Guatemala sends you something it will be DHL. Better to just keep things simple!

ruby504

Apr 3, 2011
niagara falls
Category........
Visa Office......
guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
yes
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
yes march 20th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
was the longest period between PRRA to deportation anyone has heard of?

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
August 2010, redo september 6 2011
Passport Req..
Febuary 2011, again on september 2 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
October 19 2011 -Si Dios quiere :)
Hello Everyone, is there any new updates from this vo???

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
jdwhite21
My husband did his medicals 3 weeks and 1/2 and until now no news am waiting inpatiently for his passport to get mailed, I hope its soon :)

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Alex121 said:
jdwhite21
My husband did his medicals 3 weeks and 1/2 and until now no news am waiting inpatiently for his passport to get mailed, I hope its soon :)

Hello Alex:
Did you get a date for your passport to be returned back to you?

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
Felicity01
I never recieved no date, the weird thing is that they asked for the prepaid envelope from DHL which I sent almost a month ago, to be exact september 6, and I wrote an email to them on the 14th stating that I sent everything they requested, and they replied 2 days later stating that they do not need eny further documentation and they will be contacting me soon to proceed with the following procedure, alot if ppl I know that have gone through this visa office have told me it takes 3-4 weeks, am praying and hoping all hear something soon :) How about u felicity01 did they give u a date ?

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Alex121 said:
Felicity01
I never recieved no date, the weird thing is that they asked for the prepaid envelope from DHL which I sent almost a month ago, to be exact september 6, and I wrote an email to them on the 14th stating that I sent everything they requested, and they replied 2 days later stating that they do not need eny further documentation and they will be contacting me soon to proceed with the following procedure, alot if ppl I know that have gone through this visa office have told me it takes 3-4 weeks, am praying and hoping all hear something soon :) How about u felicity01 did they give u a date ?
Hola Alex
No, no date of returning passport was given to me either, I also sent them the track of the document received in Guatemala ( from the DHL web site ) I sent it using the fax number they give to everybody.

I am in the same situation, I think we will get the passports back soon, since seems like the last part of the process though...We will hear something positive very soon!!!! ;D
Take care and keep us posted!

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
Hey felicity01
I really hope we get some good news soon as well as for the others waiting patiently to be reunited with their loved ones, and yes I will definetely keep the thread posted and u too keep us updated :)

Cantico

Oct 5, 2011
Hello Everyone

I'm brand new to this site. Unfortunately, I just found it a few days ago and I've read all the posts from the start of this thread. I can see that we are not the only people that have experienced incredible frustration with the Visa process. I know everybody's case is a little different, but maybe you can share some of your wisdom with us.

I'll give you a little background on us. I am a Canadian Citizen and my Wife is Costa Rican. We were dating for 6 years before we got married in March of 2011. Before, we applied for a Temporary Visa so that she could go to Canada for a visit. We applied 3 times over the 6 years that we were dating. All three times were rejected. She's had a Visitor's Visa to the States for 12 years - but that didn't seem to matter to the Visa Office. I contacted my MP and wrote letters but to no avail. I was told (by immigration "experts") that the only way for her to get accepted was to apply for permanent residency once we were married. That's what we did.

I filled out the forms and submitted all of the required evidence and documents (including the medical exam). I paid the fee in full. Here is a summary of what has transpired since:

July 7th, 2011. The Immigration office in Mississauga got the file.
Sept 16, 2011. Received an acceptance letter for being a sponsor. The file was being forwarded to Guatemala.
Sept 28th, 2011. Recieved an Acknowledgment of Reception e-mail from Guatemala.
Oct 3rd, 2011. Received a Request for her Original Passport and prepaid airway bill - nothing else.
Oct 4th, 2011. Sent it away to Guatemala by DHL.

They requested no other information or documents other than the passport and an airway bill. At the time when we recieved the AOR letter, they suggested that a wait time would be 12-18 months. It has only been one week since the time they sent the AOR to the time they requested the passport. All that I have read on this thread seems to suggest that the request of her passport means that a decision will be made relatively soon (I hope). The note on eCAS about her application status is "application received".

But, we're worried. This seems too fast. Maybe they will hold her passport for a long time (months and months) like I have seen with others here. Could it be that we may receive another quick rejection? If it's not a rejection, does anybody have an idea of how long they will keep her passport? Is there another reason why Guatemala may have requested her passport?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jul 28, 2011
Cantico, our situations are very similar. My husband and I got married in January, filed our papers on Jun.20 and got the request to send passport along with one other missing paper (which I hope is right now!) around Sep.17.

He too, applied for a tourist visa twice and was denied both times.

I'm also pretty impressed with our speed so far but like you, wondering if there's a catch behind it.

Keep me posted on your progress as well please! Not that I want others to suffer too, but it's comforting to know that I'm not alone in this situation.

Cantico

Oct 5, 2011
costaricacanada said:
Cantico, our situations are very similar. My husband and I got married in January, filed our papers on Jun.20 and got the request to send passport along with one other missing paper (which I hope is right now!) around Sep.17.

He too, applied for a tourist visa twice and was denied both times.

I'm also pretty impressed with our speed so far but like you, wondering if there's a catch behind it.

Keep me posted on your progress as well please! Not that I want others to suffer too, but it's comforting to know that I'm not alone in this situation.
Hey Costaricacanada,

Thanks for getting back to me. Our situations do sound similar. It's reassuring to know that someone else is experiencing the same thing. I will let you know of any progress - please do the same!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Alex121 said:
Hey felicity01
I really hope we get some good news soon as well as for the others waiting patiently to be reunited with their loved ones, and yes I will definetely keep the thread posted and u too keep us updated :)
Hello Alex
Got a call from Guatemala embassy today... and missed it....................yeaks, no voice message left......OH GOD!

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Cantico and costaricanada, I think you're very lucky to have gotten this far in such a short period of time!

Here's my situation: my husband and I applied from El Salvador through the Guatemala office on July 12, 2011, and so far it's been close to 3 months and not even sponsorship approval or refusal. We've tried to contact the CIC by phone but there's no way to get in touch with them from El Salvador. My husband managed to get a call using an internet service, the rep he spoke to said that there was no file with his name, but after some poking around the agent found some obscure information that confused even more, saying that some documents were missing or to expect a letter in the mail. It's been over three weeks and we havent received any letter or email. It's very frustrating and distressing because we have no way to find out what is going on with our file.

I wonder if anyone who's been through the Guatemala office knows whether they would know what is the status of our application at this point or if there's a way to get the status from overseas. By the way, ecas does not work for us either :'(

On the other hand, in your cases I believe the once Guatemala requests the passports is because they're ready to issue the visa. That's what I've seen happening to other applicants using that office.

Good luck!