+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

natkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
@Hurlabrick - I need your insight. We just received PPR. My husband is British and they have requested the original passports to be sent. No option for a photocopy. They need it within 30 days (May 8th). We travel to Canada and arrive there on May 4th. Is this a mistake on their part or is there something different because we live in Singapore?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
@Hurlabrick - I need your insight. We just received PPR. My husband is British and they have requested the original passports to be sent. No option for a photocopy. They need it within 30 days (May 8th). We travel to Canada and arrive there on May 4th. Is this a mistake on their part or is there something different because we live in Singapore?
Hmmmm…. Not heard of this before - not saying they have got it wrong, just not come across it for a visa-exempt person.

1. No point in calling by phone as it is answered by a call centre, you will not be able to speak to proper case officer. You could put in a webform query, but you are burning time.

2. Are you CERTAIN that they have asked for the original? They normally use a standard wording which says something along the line of 'if you are from a visa required country, send the original, but if you are from a visa-exempt country.....' etc.

3. IF they have definitely asked for the original, personally, I would send it by proper courier (FEXED / DHL etc.) with a paid reply envelope from the courier back to yourself. It MAY get there and back in time for your planned flight, but personally, I would re-schedule to mid / late May.

natkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hmmmm…. Not heard of this before - not saying they have got it wrong, just not come across it for a visa-exempt person.

1. No point in calling by phone as it is answered by a call centre, you will not be able to speak to proper case officer. You could put in a webform query, but you are burning time.

2. Are you CERTAIN that they have asked for the original? They normally use a standard wording which says something along the line of 'if you are from a visa required country, send the original, but if you are from a visa-exempt country.....' etc.

3. IF they have definitely asked for the original, personally, I would send it by proper courier (FEXED / DHL etc.) with a paid reply envelope from the courier back to yourself. It MAY get there and back in time for your planned flight, but personally, I would re-schedule to mid / late May.
Thank you! I was so interested to hear your thoughts.

Yes, I did think it was strange. I've read the email very closely several times and had the husband do the same. It doesn't mention visa-exempt anywhere at all. It doesn't say the words photocopy anywhere either. We also have to fill out an Appendix B form. All very odd to me since I've not seen that for visa- exempt PAs anywhere that I can find on this forum.

I've put in a Webform request just to see what they say.

We arrive in Canada on May 4th (1 am). I can take the passport in that day along with the pics & self-addressed stamped courier envelope and have it Fedexed to Ottawa by morning of May 6th. They said my deadline is 30 days from the date on the letter which is April 8th.

Cutting it very close but I don't have any other options. I highly doubt we'll get it back before the flight if I sent it in Singapore and we can't extend our flights. Our Singapore visas and our lease all end on May 4th.

PS The letter does say at the end that it's a computer-generated letter. Not sure if that makes a difference since I'm sure most are.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017

Yes, I did think it was strange. I've read the email very closely several times and had the husband do the same. It doesn't mention visa-exempt anywhere at all. It doesn't say the words photocopy anywhere either. We also have to fill out an Appendix B form. All very odd to me since I've not seen that for visa- exempt PAs anywhere that I can find on this forum.

We arrive in Canada on May 4th (1 am). I can take the passport in that day along with the pics & self-addressed stamped courier envelope and have it Fedexed to Ottawa by morning of May 6th. They said my deadline is 30 days from the date on the letter which is April 8th.

Cutting it very close but I don't have any other options. I highly doubt we'll get it back before the flight if I sent it in Singapore and we can't extend our flights. Our Singapore visas and our lease all end on May 4th.

PS The letter does say at the end that it's a computer-generated letter. Not sure if that makes a difference since I'm sure most are.
I wouldn't worry too much about a day or 2 past the 30 days, I really don't think they are that on the ball. This is good news after all, they are getting ready to issue you the CoPR.

Reactions: natkat

natkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I wouldn't worry too much about a day or 2 past the 30 days, I really don't think they are that on the ball. This is good news after all, they are getting ready to issue you the CoPR.
Thanks so much! Yeah I was thinking the same. As long as we get the passport in around the 30 day mark we should be fine. And yes, CoPR is on the way :)

lostfreak121

Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone! First time posting on this thread but been following for a few months now :) Thought I'd give an update with dates from our experience. I'm Canadian living in London, UK and sponsoring my British common-law partner. Looking to move back to Canada together end of 2019. Here are our timelines so far (we're doing this ourselves, no immigration lawyers involved):

21 May 2018 - Application mailed from London, UK to Mississauga
4 June 2018 - Application delivered/signed for
27 July 2018 - Application started
28 July 2018 - Confirmation of application received
17 August 2018 - Request for medical
29 August 2018 - Medical done
21 August 2018 - Approval for Sponsorship
7 December 2018 - Visa Office CPC Mississauga
14 December 2018 - Visa Office London

Looks like it can be several more months from here before we get CoPR, but hopefully we get it before summer! Will keep you posted.
Just wanted to provide an update that we haven't heard a single word since 14 December..so we continue waiting..

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
Hello all! I'm happy to report my hubby has successfully got the CoPR from the post today! He got 2 copies of the CoPR which had one of the photos that was requested attached to it, the second one without. So I guess that's why they wanted the photos for that part. He also got a copy of the letter that was in the GCKEY advising we've been approved for PR to bring with him. So the PR journey ends here for me (not for hubby cuz he still has to work on landing stuff)! :D

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello all! I'm happy to report my hubby has successfully got the CoPR from the post today! He got 2 copies of the CoPR which had one of the photos that was requested attached to it, the second one without. So I guess that's why they wanted the photos for that part. He also got a copy of the letter that was in the GCKEY advising we've been approved for PR to bring with him. So the PR journey ends here for me (not for hubby cuz he still has to work on landing stuff)! :D
Great! Yes, one 'original' (with photo) and one 'copy' CoPR (without photos) is what you get. They will stamp both on landing and keep the one with the photo, with your hubby getting the one without photo to keep.

Happy landings!

Reactions: chikki282

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
This is great news! So happy for you guys.

krystianjess

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Congratulations!! :)

krystianjess

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Just wanted to provide an update that we haven't heard a single word since 14 December..so we continue waiting..
We are February 2018 applicants, didn’t hear anything from June 2018 until November 2018 for additional documents. Then after those were sent in didn’t hear anything until first week in April when we just got Pre Arrivals. It’s a long silent wait unfortunately with London VO!

krystianjess

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018

We are waiting for PPR stage, and my husband plans on coming over on dual intent May 14th. We asked our MP who has been helping us closely with our case and she said to write London VO a letter asking if when we receive PPR, if we can send it from Canada right to Ottawa. Haven’t heard anything yet, just sent it this week. I’m due to give birth May 23 so we sent proof in for my due date. Maybe send them a letter to the VO with proof of your flights and ask to send the documents from Canada?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
We are waiting for PPR stage, and my husband plans on coming over on dual intent May 14th. We asked our MP who has been helping us closely with our case and she said to write London VO a letter asking if when we receive PPR, if we can send it from Canada right to Ottawa. Haven’t heard anything yet, just sent it this week. I’m due to give birth May 23 so we sent proof in for my due date. Maybe send them a letter to the VO with proof of your flights and ask to send the documents from Canada?
You are due to give birth end of May, in Canada?? What province are you going to and are you already covered by provincial healthcare? Only some of the provinces don't cover you for your first 3 months (e.g. Ontario) and you may end up having to pay all medical bills for childbirth. Not trying to frighten you, just making sure you have this covered....

krystianjess

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
You are due to give birth end of May, in Canada?? What province are you going to and are you already covered by provincial healthcare? Only some of the provinces don't cover you for your first 3 months (e.g. Ontario) and you may end up having to pay all medical bills for childbirth. Not trying to frighten you, just making sure you have this covered....
I moved back to Ontario, Canada in December, my husband stayed in England. My OHIP was reinstated, it’s all good. :)

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...