+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

krystianjess

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
We got DM today! We go this letter attached online too that says:

“Your application for a permanent resident visa has been approved.
If you are receiving this letter electronically via your MyCIC account, please note that the documents referenced below are being sent to you in the mail with a copy of this letter. If you are receiving this letter by mail, all documents mentioned below, if applicable to you, accompany this letter.
You have now been issued your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form (IMM5292 or IMM5688) for you and all accompanying dependants. Do not make any corrections to the COPR. Do not sign the COPR until instructed to do so by an Immigration Officer at landing.
Please note that as of December 1, 2011, citizens of visa-exempt countries will not have a counterfoil affixed to their passport. These applicants will only be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form and an electronic foil (IMM5785). For a list of visa-exempt countries, please see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions . This may mean that some of your family members required a counterfoil in their passport while others were issued COPRs and electronic foils only.
Note that if your children do not have passports, but are listed in your passport or your spouse’s passport, their counterfoil, if required, is affixed in that passport.”

So does this mean we won’t get PPR and just get COPR right away in the mail? Anyone else have theirs say this but still got PPR?

krystianjess

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Correct, no PPR. Finland is a visa exempt country so they sent the COPR directly after decision was made.
Did you happen to receive the "Letter Accompanying Visa?" We received it today online, saying they are now issuing us our COPR by post. I am hoping this means they are skipping PPR!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
We got DM today! We go this letter attached online too that says:

“Your application for a permanent resident visa has been approved.
If you are receiving this letter electronically via your MyCIC account, please note that the documents referenced below are being sent to you in the mail with a copy of this letter. If you are receiving this letter by mail, all documents mentioned below, if applicable to you, accompany this letter.
You have now been issued your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form (IMM5292 or IMM5688) for you and all accompanying dependants. Do not make any corrections to the COPR. Do not sign the COPR until instructed to do so by an Immigration Officer at landing.
Please note that as of December 1, 2011, citizens of visa-exempt countries will not have a counterfoil affixed to their passport. These applicants will only be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form and an electronic foil (IMM5785). For a list of visa-exempt countries, please see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions . This may mean that some of your family members required a counterfoil in their passport while others were issued COPRs and electronic foils only.
Note that if your children do not have passports, but are listed in your passport or your spouse’s passport, their counterfoil, if required, is affixed in that passport.”

So does this mean we won’t get PPR and just get COPR right away in the mail? Anyone else have theirs say this but still got PPR?
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.

Yes, looks like you will get your CoPR in the mail in the next few days. For visa-exempt applicants, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't ask for a copy passport (they didn't with us). You are obviously in the latter camp!

Reactions: krystianjess

krystianjess

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.

Yes, looks like you will get your CoPR in the mail in the next few days. For visa-exempt applicants, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't ask for a copy passport (they didn't with us). You are obviously in the latter camp!
Amazing!! Thank you so much for your advice. We were so nervous we would get PPR with our time crunch! Will update when we get COPR, hopefully soon!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Amazing!! Thank you so much for your advice. We were so nervous we would get PPR with our time crunch! Will update when we get COPR, hopefully soon!
The CoPR is a very easy document for them to print, we got ours via normal Royal Mail in the UK three days after DM, so I would hope you would get yours in 'days' of certainly within 2 weeks at most (assuming it is going to your husband in the UK).

krystianjess

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
The CoPR is a very easy document for them to print, we got ours via normal Royal Mail in the UK three days after DM, so I would hope you would get yours in 'days' of certainly within 2 weeks at most (assuming it is going to your husband in the UK).
Wow, that’s incredible you got it so quickly. Did you & your spouse receive this same letter as well? They labeled it as ‘Letter Accompanying Visa.’ I haven’t seen it floating around the forum so was confused what part of the process this was! Whether just considered DM or considered part of COPR?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Wow, that’s incredible you got it so quickly. Did you & your spouse receive this same letter as well? They labeled it as ‘Letter Accompanying Visa.’ I haven’t seen it floating around the forum so was confused what part of the process this was! Whether just considered DM or considered part of COPR?
No we didn't get that, but the letter is just explaining what it is you will be receiving. Relax, you will be getting the CoPR. It has a 'not valid for travel' stamped on it, again, don't worry, all they mean is that you cannot travel internationally using the CoPR alone, you of course also need a valid passport! Although CIC are very clear that you do NOT also need an ETA, some of the airlines still haven't got the message and don't see the CoPR as valid. Might be an idea to have your husband apply for an ETA anyway just in case you get an airlines 'jobsworth'.

Lots here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

NLSVM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
What is background check? And how long it takes to complete that? Mine has been one year since the start of background check. Not sure how many more month I have to wait before my app is finalized.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
What is background check? And how long it takes to complete that? Mine has been one year since the start of background check. Not sure how many more month I have to wait before my app is finalized.
If it's been the long it means your in ss. Security screening.. This process takes 8 to 12 months to complete but after its finished is ppr. (normally)

NLSVM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
If it's been the long it means your in ss. Security screening.. This process takes 8 to 12 months to complete but after its finished is ppr. (normally)
My background check started in Apr. 2018 and until Feb. 2019 my security check did not started. So the security screening starts after the background check has finnished. Are the background check and security check completely two different process? If it is then I have to expect for my app to be completed in 18 to 24 month in total.
Thank for your reply.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
My background check started in Apr. 2018 and until Feb. 2019 my security check did not started. So the security screening starts after the background check has finnished. Are the background check and security check completely two different process? If it is then I have to expect for my app to be completed in 18 to 24 month in total.
Thank for your reply.
Security screening happens DURING the bgc. It falls under the same category. So even though your in ss your gckey will read bgc in progress.

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
We received COPR today!! So unbelievably happy for this journey to end. We wish all best for the rest of the applicants! :D
Congratulations! I see your visa office is London as mine. Please can i ask how long it’s takes London VO to do your background check? Mine started on the 12th April 2019 still waiting for DM and PPR