+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

clwillia

Feb 14, 2015
Hi All! @Andrew-brit and @SchnookoLoly.
Just a little update. it has been a while from me

We received correspondence asking for our police certificate (which we had applied for, but hadn't received in time to send with our application) on August 21. We sent that along, but decided to be risky and send the old one instead of applying for a new one. Technically the way the letter was written it could be interpreted that they were ok with the one we applied for when we initially sent in our application. We'll see if this is a big mistake soon enough.

I assume that because we received that request this means our application is in process and that that can be updated on our spreadsheet. I'm hoping that we hear something soon, though my husband still thinks we will be waiting until at least January... :/

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Cassandra: updated.

clwilla: Spreadsheet updated with your doc request. What is the status of your permanent residence application when you check ECAS? We track when it changed to In Process in ECAS.

bbuck

Sep 23, 2015
Just got an email from London and we have been asked to submit police certificates from the UK and Holland.
We did submit a UK police certificate with the application in June of this year and my wife was in Holland for 6 months doing a Masters degree thus the request. If you would like to add this to the spreadsheet please andrew-brit

Many thanks

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Spreadsheet updated bbuck, hopefully not long now. When was your UK PCC issued? Just trying to understand why they requested a new one.

Edit: It is good to see that LVO work right up until 5pm on a Friday! Still no DM for me though :/

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
andrew-brit said:
Spreadsheet updated bbuck, hopefully not long now. When was your UK PCC issued? Just trying to understand why they requested a new one.

Edit: It is good to see that LVO work right up until 5pm on a Friday! Still no DM for me though :/
Do they work Saturdays? let's hope you hear tomorrow ;)

bbuck

Sep 23, 2015
andrew-brit said:

The UK PPC was issued in May of this year so I too am not sure why a new one would be requested. I will be making an inquiry, while we wait for the dutch PPC to be granted.

It really is crazy you have had to wait so long for a DM. I am sure when it happens you will see this form and others explode in celebrations.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
They should do warzo! Tomorrow marks 400 days since my application arrived at Mississauga. We never thought we would be waiting so long.

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
Hmmm..am starting to worry now. Is it normal that we got decision made without any contact from LVO. They didn't ask for updated address, medical info (we still have 2 months left though), pictures, copy of passport or anything. Previously, from reading this page, I thought no news was good news, but last night when I couldn't sleep I made the mistake of delving into other threads on here, FB and other websites. Some people said that they just got a rejection straight out with no previous warning, which I was a bit surprised by.
I suppose now there is nothing I can do except wait for the post, but have other people had similar experience of having nothing requested and then just having a positive decision and COPR arrive in the post one day?

Also, if my Husband's medical expires in Dec. is it likely that they will NOT have extended it and he will have to make a quick trip to Canada to activate it at Christmas? I realise he can come back and sort stuff out and we can move out permanently at a different date, just thinking logistics of fitting in a trip to Canada over the holidays.

I thought I would be less stressed once DM, but now I'm starting to stress all over again! Perhaps I should watch rubbish late night tele when I can't sleep,rather than trolling the internet ;D ;D ;D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
NVJ said:
Hmmm..am starting to worry now. Is it normal that we got decision made without any contact from LVO. They didn't ask for updated address, medical info (we still have 2 months left though), pictures, copy of passport or anything. Previously, from reading this page, I thought no news was good news, but last night when I couldn't sleep I made the mistake of delving into other threads on here, FB and other websites. Some people said that they just got a rejection straight out with no previous warning, which I was a bit surprised by.
I suppose now there is nothing I can do except wait for the post, but have other people had similar experience of having nothing requested and then just having a positive decision and COPR arrive in the post one day?

Also, if my Husband's medical expires in Dec. is it likely that they will NOT have extended it and he will have to make a quick trip to Canada to activate it at Christmas? I realise he can come back and sort stuff out and we can move out permanently at a different date, just thinking logistics of fitting in a trip to Canada over the holidays.
Yes, it's normal to get DM without any requests. It means CIC was happy with your app as it was. Apps aren't rejected outright unless it's for a specific eligibility reason, such as applicant criminality or the sponsor being on welfare. If CIC has some sort of doubt about the app, they must give applicants the chance to respond to the concerns in order to cover their a**es if the applicant appeals in court.

As a Canadian-British couple with kids, it's a positive decision, so stop worrying.

They or may not extend the medical. You won't know until you receive the COPR.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
Congratulations!!! This is a good news :)

NVJ said:

I thought I would be less stressed once DM, but now I'm starting to stress all over again! Perhaps I should watch rubbish late night tele when I can't sleep,rather than trolling the internet ;D ;D ;D

Edin2Van

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
Doc's Request.
20-08-2015
AOR Received.
SA 15-04-2015
Wee question for those of you who have entered under dual-intent, as it looks like that might be what I'm doing towards the end of next month.

Have been trying, and failing, to get my head around all things insurance and hoping someone might be able to give me some pointers or at least clarify I'm understanding it correctly.

Obviously both me (visitor to Canada) and my partner (returning Canadian) will need health insurance for at least the initial 3 month period while waiting for provincial healthcare to kick in (we're moving to B.C.)

After which time am I correct in thinking even if my PR application is still not resolved we would be eligible to enrol in the Medical Services Plan through my partner and me being her spouse, ie. initially we only need to take out insurance for the 3 month waiting period?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Edin2Van said:
Obviously both me (visitor to Canada) and my partner (returning Canadian) will need health insurance for at least the initial 3 month period while waiting for provincial healthcare to kick in (we're moving to B.C.)

After which time am I correct in thinking even if my PR application is still not resolved we would be eligible to enrol in the Medical Services Plan through my partner and me being her spouse, ie. initially we only need to take out insurance for the 3 month waiting period?
The wait period for MSP is the balance of the month you arrive plus 2 months. Your partner will have no issues getting coverage. However, it is very difficult for visiting spouses waiting for PR to get coverage, so don't count on it.

misslissa

Nov 16, 2014
Edin2Van said:
Wee question for those of you who have entered under dual-intent, as it looks like that might be what I'm doing towards the end of next month.

Have been trying, and failing, to get my head around all things insurance and hoping someone might be able to give me some pointers or at least clarify I'm understanding it correctly.

That's a very good question and one that I can (unfortunately) answer.

I'm a Canadian and my common-law spouse came to Canada under a Temporary foreign worker Visa, which entitles him to Ontario Health (OHIP) after a few months.

His job didn't work out, but he remained in Canada under his Visa. When we became Common Law, I added him to my work's health plan as my spouse with no problem.
Fast forward a few months... We apply for PR. His Worker Visa expires. He applies for (and is granted) a tourist visa under dual intent so he can stay in Canada.

Here's the catch: the second his Worker's visa expired so did his OHIP (Ontario health) coverage. In Canada, any health plan offered by your job is essentially a "top-up". It adds more services to what the province's health covers. It DOES'T cover these base fees, like seeing a doctor, going to emergency, getting a basic bed in a hospital, getting blood tests, etc.

How do I know this? Well, let me tell you.
First off, we procrastinated looking into it further when his Ontario health expired. We should have.

On Thursday, we had to make a trip to the emergency room as my partner thought he was having a heart attack. We had to be charged for being admitted to emergency, to see the doctor, for an ECG, and a blood test.
Thankfully, it was just an anxiety attack, so he was never actually admitted to the hospital.
We settled our bill at exit: $549.00
And all of that is usually covered by OHIP. It would have been much much more if he had actually had a heart attack... Upwards of thousands.

I called Manulife (my health insurance company) and my HR department. Both their first instincts were to take him off my plan. ("Oh. He doesn't have OHIP? He isn't covered then. We'll take him off the plan for you." Me: Nooo!!)
This means that if he had had more done, even if it was covered under the plan, because he didn't have OHIP they didn't have to honour any of it.

That being said, since this isn't common, my job is looking into something called a "bridge benefit" to cover him in the interim. We'll have to pay extra for it, of course.

You may want to look into long term travel insurance. If your partner is starting a new job, her coverage might not even start for a few months until her probationary period is over. Depends on the job.

Hope that helps! Don't do what we did and play the odds!

Tramper

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Please update in spreadsheet.

ECAS status DM since 25 Sep
Requested to pay RPRF on 19 Oct and paid same day
Requested by New Delhi for reassessment of medical validity on 20 Oct and scheduled for 27 Oct

How long it will take for PPR after re-med ?

Edin2Van

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
Doc's Request.
20-08-2015
AOR Received.
SA 15-04-2015
Thanks for the replies about the healthcare insurance.

Yeah as tempting as it is to play the odds (never been admitted to hospital in my entire life and can count recent GP visits on one hand) it's just not worth the risk of ending up thousands of pounds out of pocket if something were to happen.

Thinking we might start out with the Blue Cross travel insurance plan for at least the first 3 months and then extend it if necessary depending on when I actually get PR. Still hopeful it might come through before I land which would make things slightly more straighforward but fast running out of weeks for that to happen!