+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
hassan51214 said:
Please update the sheet . Visa issued Oct 6th
Spreadsheet updated! That was super fast for a non-visa exempt applicant, so the opinion that PK applications take longer because of security checks is incorrect, it all depends on when LVO actually picks up your file and works on it.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
andrew-brit said:
Spreadsheet updated! That was super fast for a non-visa exempt applicant, so the opinion that PK applications take longer to do security checks is incorrect, it all depends on when LVO actually picks up your file and works on it.
True :)

theirishhoser

Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beal Feirste said:
Hi I thought I'd let you know of my situation as I've been following the board quite closely over the past month. I've applied for PR via spousal sponsorship. My wife and kids are Canadian citizens. I applied to Mississauga on November 7th 2014. I received the spousal approval letter on February 11th 2015 and was told that London would be processing my application. Medical results were sent on March 12th 2015 and were confirmed as having been received. My status on CIC changed to 'In Process' on October 8th 2015. I've been in Canada since August 22nd waiting on my COPR. I'm approaching the dreaded one year anniversary of my application. Any of you guys on here feel that my COPR would be imminent as I'm currently unable to work and don't want to have to return to Ireland without the family.......Thanks in advance!!!
Hey BF,

Greetings from (what I assume given your name) your hometown. I'm from Edmonton and my wife and I are about to embark on this journey. Nice to see someone from here on this. Hope everything goes well for you!

pete_sk

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown at the moment
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
10 April 2015
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2015
andrew-brit said:
For all the spreadsheet nerds out there I spent the last 2 hours chasing down users who have DM but have not told us when they received the COPR. I filled in a lot of the values now, in fact over 82% of approved applications have the date the applicant received the COPR! This percentage includes recently approved applications so the figure should go up shortly once they receive the COPR.

Remember, once your application goes DM please stick around and tell us when you receive it.

Thanks!
Hi Andrew -

I think my post may have been missed earlier on - I went "In process" on the 19th September, and it was dated in Ecas as 22 May (both 2015).

I have sent CSE's about a couple of issues (including that I was never contacted by the CIC to confirm anything until they contacted me to tell me thee was a problem locating my medical records), but have heard nothing back.

Thanks for all of your work on here - the process is very frustrating, and seemingly very unfair, but it always helps to know that you are part of a community.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Thanks pete_sk, spreadsheet updated.

Not hearing anything back is normal, so try not to worry and sit tight.

pete_sk

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown at the moment
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
10 April 2015
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2015
andrew-brit said:
Thanks pete_sk, spreadsheet updated.

Not hearing anything back is normal, so try not to worry and sit tight.
Yeah - I know, but it's very frustrating seeing everyone around you getting DM (and I know you know this more than most!). The CIC's process is absolutely shocking - it doesn't treat anyone fairly or any of the applicants like they are humans.

P.S. Am now waiting it out in Regina, SK

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Cool, I updated your location.

Yeah it is tough, but there have been a couple DM's for applicants who applied in Feb 2014 so you never know. I am approaching 400 days but there are others waiting longer than me.

Just try and keep yourself busy, perhaps try and forget about it. I have a friend who is sponsoring his wfe, and they check ECAS once a month. I check it once a day! I have companies waiting to hire me and my sanity is questionable at this stage. Try and take comfort in that it will come, you are (probably) over half way, etc.

DPParmar

Jan 21, 2015
Surrey, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2015
Doc's Request.
22/09/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
File Transfer...
04/05/2015 (In Process)
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Passport Req..
19-11-2015 (DM on ECAS)
Edin2Van said:
Yeah I've emailed them a few times over the process and always got that automated reply back.

First couple of times I didn't include anything except my Application Number and full name and they were able to change my mailing address and (eventually) associate my medical results with my file.

I'm pretty sure if you've supplied your uci, applicantion number, name and are replying from their email that they've got on file they'll have no problems associating the documents with your application.

If it was me I wouldn't bother sending in physical copies, but like most advice on this board that's just my opinion. If it'll set your mind at ease it certainly won't do any harm to do that too.
Ah okay, well we would assume since the Application number is in the subject line, along with all the other details except for DOB/Category, it should be fairly straight forward; don't want them getting annoyed with us re-sending the same email/docs!

I think I said that in the heat of the moment as the automat6ed reply came in as soon as we sent off our docs. It would be easier if they just stated the details in the original email!

Again, thank you for your suggestions/opinion. It does help ease the mind when you can chat to others on this that are in a similar situation. :)

Spud85

Oct 21, 2015
I agree it does put the mind at ease.

Hi Andrew-Brit,

Can I please be added to your spreadsheet. You have been very, very busy with that spreadsheet! Can I say thank you from my wife and I so much for doing it. Now we know, I am not the only one that has been waiting over a year...hello everyone!

I am British and my wife (sponsor) is Canadian. We were engaged when we applied for P.R.
We have been living in Canada together for the last 2 years.
We applied as common law.
Mississauga received our application October 16th 2014.
I submitted my medical with the application.
My wife received her sponsor approval December 24th 2014.
London Visa Office is processing the P.R. application. I have read that I missed out on Mississauga/Ottawa?
We got married in July 2015 in Canada and submitted a copy of our marriage certificate to LVO in August with no reply.
My status changed to "in process" August 14th 2015 but they started processing it January 22nd 2015??

Have I missed anything out for the spreadsheet?

My work visa expired in August, so just sitting tight in Vancouver, B.C. as a visitor trying to not stare at the clock too much currently...I have lots of spare time now to get the Christmas shopping done my wife tells me?

I have been reading the last few pages on this thread and felt I should share my experience with LVO this week.

My medical expired October 7th 2015 and I received an email last week similar to you "Andrew Brit" asking where I have been in the last year? I instantly replied back with details of my Asia honeymoon trip (so I presume ANOTHER medical will be required?) and I also got the automatic reply email with a private email address, phone no. and name of the officer with initials "S.F."

To say I got excited was an understatement! I thought the end was close...

However, I decided to call him this week as I had not heard back but I didn't get the answer I was hoping for. He was very honest and apologetic but apparently it was a "glitch in the system" and his personal details and out of office response should never have been sent out and he has no information for me on my file.

Unfortunately, all he could recommend was to keep trying the Case Specific Enquiry emails. I have never had a response through that.

Can I ask how you order these notes I can see people have requested. My wife and I need some answers now that a year has just passed...

Thank you and best wishes to everyone!

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
Wow Spud,

you and I have very similar timelines. Although I haven't been asked about recent travels.

Here is the link to GCMS notes.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=london

If you are in Canada, you can select Privacy Act and won't have to pay $5.

Spud85 said:

Hi Andrew-Brit,

Can I please be added to your spreadsheet. You have been very, very busy with that spreadsheet! Can I say thank you from my wife and I so much for doing it. Now we know, I am not the only one that has been waiting over a year...hello everyone!

I am British and my wife (sponsor) is Canadian. We were engaged when we applied for P.R.
London Visa Office is processing the P.R. application. I have read that I missed out on Mississauga/Ottawa?
We got married in July 2015 in Canada and submitted a copy of our marriage certificate to LVO in August with no reply.
My status changed to "in process" August 14th 2015 but they started processing it January 22nd 2015??

My work visa expired in August, so just sitting tight in Vancouver, B.C. as a visitor trying to not stare at the clock too much currently...I have lots of spare time now to get the Christmas shopping done my wife tells me?

I have been reading the last few pages on this thread and felt I should share my experience with LVO this week.

My medical expired October 7th 2015 and I received an email last week similar to you "Andrew Brit" asking where I have been in the last year? I instantly replied back with details of my Asia honeymoon trip (so I presume ANOTHER medical will be required?) and I also got the automatic reply email with a private email address, phone no. and name of the officer with initials "S.F."

However, I decided to call him this week as I had not heard back but I didn't get the answer I was hoping for. He was very honest and apologetic but apparently it was a "glitch in the system" and his personal details and out of office response should never have been sent out and he has no information for me on my file.

Unfortunately, all he could recommend was to keep trying the Case Specific Enquiry emails. I have never had a response through that.

Can I ask how you order these notes I can see people have requested. My wife and I need some answers now that a year has just passed...

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
sorry I gave you the wrong link.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Spud85 said:

Hi Andrew-Brit,

Spud, welcome!

I have added you to the spreadsheet. I cannot take all of the credit, it existed long before I joined the forum but I have been maintaining it for over a year now with the help of another user (SchnookoLoly).

Please check the details I entered are correct.

LVO does not respond to telephone calls so I am not surprised you were fobbed off. I might try giving him a call though!

LVO does not respond to the case specific enquiries much either but as it is coming up for a year since you applied you should not have that long to go, and being asked for the list of countries you have visited is a good sign.

Being in process for 2 months is a long time, if you look at the spreadsheet most London applicants are in process for less time than that, so hopefully you are just about there.

warzo posted the link to the notes page, remember that because you are in Canada your wife/sponsor can select the privacy act instead of the access to information act. This will save you $5!

Sibby

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
IMM 5406 27 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
25 Sept 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 31 October 2015 - COPR arrived 16 December 2015
LANDED..........
18 December 2015!!!
andrew-brit said:
warzo posted the link to the notes page, remember that because you are in Canada your wife/sponsor can select the privacy act instead of the access to information act. This will save you $5!
Didn't realise that you could save $5 by applying under privacy act? Thanks for that. :)
Question, under requesting information for field, does my sponsor write his name or mine? And will he need to upload consent form as required under the access to information act.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Sibby said:
Didn't realise that you could save $5 by applying under privacy act? Thanks for that. :)
Question, under requesting information for field, does my sponsor write his name or mine? And will he need to upload consent form as required under the access to information act.
When filling out the forms remember that it is your spouse applying for PR, so you need to request his notes, not yours. So in the requesting information for text box enter your spouse's details. You already entered your details on the first page.

And yes he will need to complete form IMM 5744E (link).

Spud85

Oct 21, 2015
Hi Warzo,

Yeah very similar timelines best of luck to you! I am hoping I will get the best Xmas present ever is my current mind frame. We are nearly there...I will be requesting my notes over the weekend for sure. Thanks for your quick reply with the link.

Hi Andrew-Brit,

All looks good to me on the spreadsheet thanks for adding me on and a big thank you to Schnookololy also it really helps my mind frame and I am sure hundreds more, all the work you have both done on this site.

Yeah I can only presume his phone hasn't stopped ringing if his name and number have been "mistakenly" sent out to more than a few people, that are all well overdue decision made. Good luck on the call you might get more answers than me?