+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Lucy M

Oct 15, 2014
andrew-brit said:
Hi Lucy, I did not have you on the spreadsheet (link is in my signature) but I just added you. Can you check the details and confirm we have everything? I looked at your posts to get your location. I am in Calgary so hello neighbour!

Something odd has started happening at LVO recently. Since about May 2015 onwards they have been putting applications in process as soon as they receive them. It is a bit early to tell if they are actually in process but getting document requests is a good sign. Another user (mrsb2014) who applied in 2015 has also had the fingerprint/RCMP request so keep an eye out on their progress.
Thanks Andrew! Sounds promising... Thanks for adding me to spreadsheet. Yes, I am in Edmonton. Previously we lived in Calgary and I held two consecutive IEC visa's (back when they were for two years.) Will definitely keep an eye out and see how others are getting on. And keep you posted. I am 37 weeks pregnant with hubby and I's first baby to add to all the paperwork fun! So will be sending CIC the birth certificate etc once he's arrived... and I guess that could be any day between now and end of November!! :)

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
No worries, all the best with the bump!

In 2014 there are 3 users who were requested to do a RCMP/fingerprints, they are willf, DYOUNG77 and steadyriot and they have all been approved. Hopefully it is the last step for you, just in time for winter.

Lucy M

Oct 15, 2014
That's awesome - do you know how long their wait time was after having fingerprints requested and getting their "Decision Made"? Only 3 had them requested? I wonder why they ask for them from some people and not others...

Yes, hopefully it is the last step, but don't want to get too excited as it does seem very quick! Would be fab to have some news before Christmas.

I called CIC, but all they could tell me was "it's a good sign". ha! So vague!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
willf got the request on June 5th and he got decision made on September 8th.
steadyriot got the request on October 15th and got decision made on December 1st.
DYOUNG77 got the request on June 18th and got decision made on July 25th.

Remember that the times above include the time it took each applicant to do the check/fingerprints and send it back to London.

Also remember that undoubtedly not everyone tells us every request they receive.

I am going to hazard a guess and say you have been living in Canada for more than 6 months? Educated guess seeing as you are 8 months pregnant, but I think that may have something to do with you receiving this request. That is not to say that everyone who has been in Canada for > 6 months gets this request.

Finally all of the information I have told you is available on the spreadsheet, read between the lines and you can answer many questions yourself!

Lucy M

Oct 15, 2014
Thanks again Andrew, I am going through the spreadsheet right now. It is so incredibly helpful, thank you so so much! :)
Yes, we arrived back in Canada in March after one year backpacking around the world. So we were in Calgary 2012-2014, then travelling March 2014-March 2015. I had an IEC for the two years in Calgary and prior to that my husband had the equivalent working holiday visa for the UK.
We didn't know I was pregnant until we'd been back in Canada just over a week. haha! "Made in Bali"... talk about timing.
Made sure I got a Visitor Record at the border though just in case... so I could get health care in Alberta. So we paid the PR application fee while travelling and had a ton of documents with us when we re-entered. This forum was actually super helpful with all of that stuff.

Thanks again! And I shall keep a close eye on the spreadsheet from now on :)

SwedenCanada

Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-15
AOR Received.
17-04-15 SA
File Transfer...
13-05-15 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-02-15
My partner received an email today requesting RCMP fingerprint checks. I was not expecting this, he had them done and we had sent them along with the original package, is it because he has been in Canada the whole time we've been in process? He is going to go today and get them done. I hope this doesn't slow down our processing time, it's the second item they've requested.

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
anonapplicant8 said:
Another update for the sheet. I checked my ECAS this morning and a new line has been added in after my DM "we sent you a letter on the 23 October". Hopefully its my COPR. *Most nervous/anxious time* :-\
We had the exact same update on ECAS today too (even though we switched to DM last week)!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
SwedenCanada when was the first time they requested them? I think you mean you included them in the initial application?

Spreadsheet updated. That is two 2015 London applicants asked for RCMP checks today so check your inbox/spam/junk folders!

SwedenCanada

Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-15
AOR Received.
17-04-15 SA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-02-15
andrew-brit said:
SwedenCanada when was the first time they requested them? I think you mean you included them in the initial application?

Spreadsheet updated. That is two 2015 London applicants asked for RCMP checks today so check your inbox/spam/junk folders!
Yes that's right we included them with our initial application. I wonder whether we had done them incorrectly, or if they "expire".

SwedenCanada

Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-15
AOR Received.
17-04-15 SA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-02-15
So I'm actually a bit confused..

We can get the fingerprints taken and sent electronically (it takes 3 days as opposed to months if done on paper), but the letter asks us to mail them to Ottawa at the following address:

The Director - Canadian Criminal Real Time ID Services, RCMP HQ, NPS Bldg., 1200 Vanier Parkway, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0R2, Canada.

Any insight?

DPParmar

Jan 21, 2015
Surrey, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2015
Doc's Request.
22/09/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
File Transfer...
04/05/2015 (In Process)
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Passport Req..
19-11-2015 (DM on ECAS)
Just got an email from CIC Ottawa requesting my partner to undergo a medical examination.

A few minutes later another email came through with an attachment of Medical Examination Instructions, stating that our application has reached the stage where the medical results are required, along with the IMM 1017 Form (Medical Report Client Biodata and Summary) attached.

My partner did his medical back on 13th Feb, and the panel physician would have sent the records directly.

About a month ago we also received a document request email which also asked for medical (if we had not done it yet); but we did obtain the emedical from the physician and sent that along with the payment receipt for the exam.

Not sure what to do now, do we resend the emedical and receipt again and write that the exam has already been done? What do we do about the IMM 1017 form they sent us, it requires the physician to answer a few questions and sign it and also has space for a passport photo on the top.

Do we need to get the physician to now fill this form out?

Lucy M

Oct 15, 2014
SwedenCanada said:
So I'm actually a bit confused..

We can get the fingerprints taken and sent electronically (it takes 3 days as opposed to months if done on paper), but the letter asks us to mail them to Ottawa at the following address:

The Director - Canadian Criminal Real Time ID Services, RCMP HQ, NPS Bldg., 1200 Vanier Parkway, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0R2, Canada.

Any insight?
Hi SwedenCanada,
I just got my fingerprints done here in Edmonton. They are sent immediately, electronically, to Ottawa. The address given on the letter is for police service centres that do not have the up-to-date machines that enable them to do this and they have to submit manually. But most places, especially if you are in a Canadian city, are able to send directly. Once they are received in Ottawa (immediately, usually same day you get your fingerprints done, depending what time of day you do it) then it will take 1-4 weeks for them to be reviewed and for the results to be mailed to you. They will be sent to your home address by regular mail. Once you receive them then you need to send the results to the address at the bottom of the letter you got by email from the visa office. ie: for London it is Immigration and Medical Services Division, High Commission of Canada, Canada House, Trafalgar Square, London, UK SW1Y 5BJ. Make sure you reference your UCI number and the initials of the person who emailed you (they are in the subject of your email) They also want you to send a copy of the letter they emailed you with the fingerprints results. I guess, overall, it could be more than a month before they receive the fingerprints in London, and who knows if they even open it right away and match it up with your application instantly - I have a feeling it may sit in a pile for at least a little while - but as long as the date you got your fingerprints done is within 30 days of receiving their request then you are good :) And hopefully this means good things for us - like that is all they need to finalise the application as it says on the letter. I think that sounds like we are pretty close to getting PR now!
Lets keep each other informed, and good luck :)
Fingers crossed for sooner rather than later...

SwedenCanada

Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-15
AOR Received.
17-04-15 SA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-02-15
Lucy M said:
Hi SwedenCanada,
I just got my fingerprints done here in Edmonton. They are sent immediately, electronically, to Ottawa. The address given on the letter is for police service centres that do not have the up-to-date machines that enable them to do this and they have to submit manually. But most places, especially if you are in a Canadian city, are able to send directly. Once they are received in Ottawa (immediately, usually same day you get your fingerprints done, depending what time of day you do it) then it will take 1-4 weeks for them to be reviewed and for the results to be mailed to you. They will be sent to your home address by regular mail. Once you receive them then you need to send the results to the address at the bottom of the letter you got by email from the visa office. ie: for London it is Immigration and Medical Services Division, High Commission of Canada, Canada House, Trafalgar Square, London, UK SW1Y 5BJ. Make sure you reference your UCI number and the initials of the person who emailed you (they are in the subject of your email) They also want you to send a copy of the letter they emailed you with the fingerprints results. I guess, overall, it could be more than a month before they receive the fingerprints in London, and who knows if they even open it right away and match it up with your application instantly - I have a feeling it may sit in a pile for at least a little while - but as long as the date you got your fingerprints done is within 30 days of receiving their request then you are good :) And hopefully this means good things for us - like that is all they need to finalise the application as it says on the letter. I think that sounds like we are pretty close to getting PR now!
Lets keep each other informed, and good luck :)
Fingers crossed for sooner rather than later...
Thank you Lucy! I feel like the letter they sent wasn't entirely clear. Thanks so much for explaining! I will keep you updated. Hopefully it won't take too long.

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
Are the RCMP fingerprints a routine thing for applicants who have lived in Canada for a while? We did not include them in our application, and I've been here since the beginning of 2014 on a study permit. Should I just go get them done before they even request them, in order to not unnecessarily extend the processing time?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
elokuu said:
Are the RCMP fingerprints a routine thing for applicants who have lived in Canada for a while? We did not include them in our application, and I've been here since the beginning of 2014 on a study permit. Should I just go get them done before they even request them, in order to not unnecessarily extend the processing time?
elokuu if you read a few posts back you will see that I mentioned in 2014 there have been 3 applicants who received the request for fingerprints, and 2 in 2015.

In the spreadsheet we record the request applicants receive so other applicants benefit.