+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

steadyriot

Oct 6, 2014
Hi everyone ;D

This is my first time posting (I've just caught up on the last 30 pages, eep!) but have been reading this forum for probably a year now. Thanks so much to everyone on the forum for their input and to the awesome spreadsheet fairies, giving us all hope!

Could you please add me to the spreadsheet? Feeling a glimmer of hope today as I am now in process - nearly fell off my chair when I saw it :D

Let me know if I've missed anything, but for now:

App received in Mississauga: Feb 19
Sponsor approval: Mar 25
In process: Oct 2
Common law
London office
Living in Vancouver, BC
Visa exempt

(Medical and payments all done up front)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Hi any one who could shed some light . My application was sent to London on August 5th, havent heard anything from them. Do they send the applicant any info to say there application has arrived .

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
Completed in summer of 2013
taffy7 said:
Hi any one who could shed some light . My application was sent to London on August 5th, havent heard anything from them. Do they send the applicant any info to say there application has arrived .
No. I don't think you get any update on its arrival in London. The only communication I got was that my sponsor was approved and that it was now been sent to London. It was a long time afterwards that my application went to 'in process'. I think you have to assume it got there fine

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
+1. You assume it got there. They won't confirm it.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
I have a question.

I need to land before 12-20.

My passport expires next year August 8th.

Can I renew my passport now (which gives me a new PP#), and bring both the old and new passport when I land?

Just want to find out as I have been told that I can't get the Swedish embassy in Canada to help out.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
We didn't receive an email confirming SA but they have started assessing the PA portion already, looks like my file is being kept in Mississauga too.
I (PA) received an email this morning requesting that I pay the right of PR fee and also send in some additional details on my Schedule A. I started another thread and it seems like they wouldn't have even started assessing the PA until the sponsor has been approved so I guess I have SA? My husband will call tomorrow.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
alicia13 said:
We didn't receive an email confirming SA but they have started assessing the PA portion already, looks like my file is being kept in Mississauga too.
I (PA) received an email this morning requesting that I pay the right of PR fee and also send in some additional details on my Schedule A. I started another thread and it seems like they wouldn't have even started assessing the PA until the sponsor has been approved so I guess I have SA? My husband will call tomorrow.
It probably means you have SA, are you sure it's not in your spam folders or anything? See what happens when you call tomorrow. Somone else on BritishExpats also had no SA come through, which is certainly a bit strange!

I've just stuck on 6-Oct for you for now, but let me knwo if it needs to be changed. :)

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
It probably means you have SA, are you sure it's not in your spam folders or anything? See what happens when you call tomorrow. Somone else on BritishExpats also had no SA come through, which is certainly a bit strange!

I've just stuck on 6-Oct for you for now, but let me knwo if it needs to be changed. :)
Thank you! I will post tomorrow if they tell us otherwise.
Pretty glad that my file is staying at Mississauga :)

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
Hi,
We've been in Canada since March and my husband has been working on a working holiday visa since August. We're at 10 months waiting time for PR, and our application status says in process since Aug 8th, but we haven't heard anything. We're going to send a note asking for his medical to be extended as it expires in 6 weeks. WE'll also go ahead and order our case notes (again). I have 2 questions:

since he's been in Canada for over 6 months now, we he be required to get an RCMP police certificate? And if so, will this delay things?

Secondly, although we've been living together for over 5 years, our 2 year marriage anniversary is on Dec 26th of this year. If his PR arrives after Dec 26th, will it still be conditional?

thanks for your help!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
canuknz said:
Hi,
We've been in Canada since March and my husband has been working on a working holiday visa since August. We're at 10 months waiting time for PR, and our application status says in process since Aug 8th, but we haven't heard anything. We're going to send a note asking for his medical to be extended as it expires in 6 weeks. WE'll also go ahead and order our case notes (again). I have 2 questions:

since he's been in Canada for over 6 months now, we he be required to get an RCMP police certificate? And if so, will this delay things?

Secondly, although we've been living together for over 5 years, our 2 year marriage anniversary is on Dec 26th of this year. If his PR arrives after Dec 26th, will it still be conditional?

thanks for your help!
You will most likely have condition: none

Also, no need to get rcmp, I was there for two years never needed one, haven't heard of anybody else needing it either. It says in the application, get police cert for every country other than Canada that you have lived in for more than 6 mos

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Graihn said:
Can I renew my passport now (which gives me a new PP#), and bring both the old and new passport when I land?
Just saw that this hasn't been answered yet. As far as I know, you can't land on a passport that doesn't match the COPR, even if you have the old one. We've seen people land with errors in name, birthdate etc but never with a different passport number. That said, I suggest that you simply call CBSA and ask. If they say that you can do it, try to get that answer in writing just in case the officer at the border decides otherwise.

canuknz said:
Hi

Conditional PR actually goes by how long you were together on the date that the app was submitted, not when it's approved. The time that you spent as common-law is counted in addition to your time as married. You guys had well over the 2 years required when your app was submitted, so you *should* not have condition 51. I say *should* because there has been at least one COPR issued with condition 51 in error.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Just saw that this hasn't been answered yet. As far as I know, you can't land on a passport that doesn't match the COPR, even if you have the old one. We've seen people land with errors in name, birthdate etc but never with a different passport number. That said, I suggest that you simply call CBSA and ask. If they say that you can do it, try to get that answer in writing just in case the officer at the border decides otherwise.

Hi

Conditional PR actually goes by how long you were together on the date that the app was submitted, not when it's approved. The time that you spent as common-law is counted in addition to your time as married. You guys had well over the 2 years required when your app was submitted, so you *should* not have condition 51. I say *should* because there has been at least one COPR issued with condition 51 in error.
Hi,

Thanks! I wouldn't risk it. I will have to travel to Sweden and renew I guess. I have a wedding in February to attend. Can I renew my passport then I guess, and have it sent to me in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Graihn said:
Hi,

Thanks! I wouldn't risk it. I will have to travel to Sweden and renew I guess. I have a wedding in February to attend. Can I renew my passport then I guess, and have it sent to me in Canada.
If you renew when you go to Sweden, is there no requirement to hand in your old passport? In Canada, if we renew a passport, the old passport has to be handed in with the renewal application.

I suppose if there is no requirement to hand in your old passport, then you can travel back to Canada on it and have your new passport sent over.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
If you renew when you go to Sweden, is there no requirement to hand in your old passport? In Canada, if we renew a passport, the old passport has to be handed in with the renewal application.

I suppose if there is no requirement to hand in your old passport, then you can travel back to Canada on it and have your new passport sent over.
According to the one I called at the passport department (or whatever it's called) I didn't have to submit my old one. I will probably have to call 6 more times, and whatever answer comes up at least 4 times wins.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Graihn said:
According to the one I called at the passport department (or whatever it's called) I didn't have to submit my old one. I will probably have to call 6 more times, and whatever answer comes up at least 4 times wins.
Graihn, you dont have to submit your old passport during processing in Sweden but once they issue the new passport it becomes the valid one and you can no longer travel on the old passport as they will cancel it. I remember a friend of mine had somewhat of a similar problem and once she had the new passport she had to surrender the old one for cancellation.