+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
brucem said:
Graihn, you dont have to submit your old passport during processing in Sweden but once they issue the new passport it becomes the valid one and you can no longer travel on the old passport as they will cancel it. I remember a friend of mine had somewhat of a similar problem and once she had the new passport she had to surrender the old one for cancellation.
Maybe I will have to do it last day on my February visit in Sweden, and ask them to send it to me in Canada. That way hopefully it won't be invalid if I travle the next day. That's the bad thing about Sweden, you can get your pw in like 3-5 days ;-)

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
Graihn said:
I have a question.

I need to land before 12-20.

My passport expires next year August 8th.

Can I renew my passport now (which gives me a new PP#), and bring both the old and new passport when I land?

Just want to find out as I have been told that I can't get the Swedish embassy in Canada to help out.
I'm a bit confused... Why can't you just renew your passport from Canada after you've landed? As a Canadian, I can renew my passport even if I am living abroad. In that case I don't need the "help" of the Canadian embassy, as it can all be done via mail. Surely, you can do the same for Sweden, no?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Petitepoutine said:
I'm a bit confused... Why can't you just renew your passport from Canada after you've landed? As a Canadian, I can renew my passport even if I am living abroad. In that case I don't need the "help" of the Canadian embassy, as it can all be done via mail. Surely, you can do the same for Sweden, no?
Hi,

No I can't. I have checked already and have had this confirmed with the Swedish embassy in Canada and the issuer in Sweden.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Graihn said:
Hi,

No I can't. I have checked already and have had this confirmed with the Swedish embassy in Canada and the issuer in Sweden.
I'm sure one of my Swedish friends renewed his passport in person at the Swedish embassy in Ottawa??

Not sure if your near there or not

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Yep. http://www.swedenabroad.com/en-GB/Embassies/Ottawa/Services-for-Swedes/Swedish-Passport-Application-and-Name-Registration/Renewal-of-Passport-for-Adults-18-or-Older/

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Yep. http://www.swedenabroad.com/en-GB/Embassies/Ottawa/Services-for-Swedes/Swedish-Passport-Application-and-Name-Registration/Renewal-of-Passport-for-Adults-18-or-Older/
Again the incompetence of call centre agents presents itself when disproved by the knowledge of forum members....

I am usually a very good googler, dunno how I missed this!

Thanks both!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Haha, easily done. I just typed "Renew Swedish passport in Canada" and that was first or second link up. :)

Hope you are able to sort it!

trinityboo

Jul 16, 2014
Hi Moderator,

Has Any one who is in Canada waiting for COPR know how much time it takes, after decision made to receiving COPR from London Visa office ? Does it come to Canada via recorded delivery ?

Trying to Plan a trip so would be helpful...
Thanks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
trinityboo said:
Hi Moderator,

Has Any one who is in Canada waiting for COPR know how much time it takes, after decision made to receiving COPR from London Visa office ? Does it come to Canada via recorded delivery ?

Trying to Plan a trip so would be helpful...
Thanks
Look at the spreadsheet, that's why it's there. There's a column for "Decision Made", and then a column for "COPR Received in Post".

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
Dear all,

Well, it's finally over. The last part of the process, receiving of the PR card, was completed today! We are so incredibly grateful that not only are the headaches and stress over, but that we had so many of you to help us along the way. Our thoughts go out to the people still waiting, especially those from 2013 - we know you'll get them soon!

So this may be the last time I'm on this site for a couple years (citizenship is not what I can handle thinking about right now). Just before I go I have one last question I posted in the PR Card thread as well:

Does anyone know if he still needs his confirmation of landing? We know we can take it out of his passport but we are wondering if he should still hold onto it.

Thanks again for making this whole thing so much easier to handle!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Applicant7 said:
Dear all,

Well, it's finally over. The last part of the process, receiving of the PR card, was completed today! We are so incredibly grateful that not only are the headaches and stress over, but that we had so many of you to help us along the way. Our thoughts go out to the people still waiting, especially those from 2013 - we know you'll get them soon!

So this may be the last time I'm on this site for a couple years (citizenship is not what I can handle thinking about right now). Just before I go I have one last question I posted in the PR Card thread as well:

Does anyone know if he still needs his confirmation of landing? We know we can take it out of his passport but we are wondering if he should still hold onto it.

Thanks again for making this whole thing so much easier to handle!
I replied to you in the pr thread as well but yes you do need to hold onto your copr, you will need this for whenever you decide to apply for citizenship!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Applicant7 said:
As said above, yes. Not only is it needed when you apply for citizenship but it's apparently also required to apply for Old Age Pension.

My partner's landing officer gave him his COPR and said "Lock it up safe until you need to apply for citizenship".

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
DO NOT LOSE YOUR COPR!!!!! As others have said, you need it for both citizenship and applying for your pension down the road!

NortoCan

Jul 14, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Thought I would update you all that my COPR arrived last Friday (October 3rd). Very typical that it arrived the very same day I started on my road trip down south (Arizona). Luckily my "in-laws" got it and they will bring it down to me when they arrive. I'm planning to "land" at the end of December, since we're sticking with the original plan (the plan we had before we knew that my application would be processed this quickly). I have until January 25th 2015 to cross the border, so I should be fine :D

I can't believe that this is finally over, something that seemed to take forever now just feel like a split second. This forum has been of huge help to keep track of things and knowing when I could approximately expect my approval.

Good luck to the rest of you :D