+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

dan888

Sep 2, 2014
Guys,

Status on ECAS has changed to 'decision made' today and in the notes it states that a decision has been made and I will be contacted regarding this decision.

Is this good or bad...... how long does this process usually take to notify the PA? Is it generally by Email or Letter?

Cheers

Dan

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
dan888 said:
Guys,

Status on ECAS has changed to 'decision made' today and in the notes it states that a decision has been made and I will be contacted regarding this decision.

Is this good or bad...... how long does this process usually take to notify the PA? Is it generally by Email or Letter?

Cheers

Dan
Letter. Look at schonokooly's (sorry can't remember how to spell it) signature for the London spreadsheet, and you can see people who have had decisionade and where they are located, and you will see how long it takes to arrive.

The note you got that they will contact you is generic. No need to worry if you are visa exempt and haven't had an interview.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Graihn said:
schonokooly's (sorry can't remember how to spell it)
Schnooks is fine. :) Didn't realise I was going to still be posting after I registered ages ago when I was applying myself! :p

danniejean

Aug 19, 2014
Bristol, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Hey everyone !

I'm Canadian and sponsoring my Australian partner, we both live in the UK at the moment. I would like to be added to the spreadsheet.

App received in Mississauga: Sept 2nd
Sponsor approval: Oct 9th

Common-law
Requested London office but have been sent to OTTAWA
Living in Bristol, UK
Visa exempt

I know that you guys probably don't have an answer but I thought I would ask on the off chance that you do! The processing time for Ottawa listed online is currently 16 months (eeek!), just curious if anyone knows or can speculate if the outland applications which were requested for London but sent to Ottawa will adhere to that timeline or are processed separately?

I did notice that the email on my SA letter is OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca which implies it could be a pilot program and possibly separate from regular processing. I also noticed that the applications which stayed in Mississauga go to 'in process' rather quick! Hopefully those sent to Ottawa in the same way follow the trend. I guess if no one knows I'll just have to keep an eye on the spread sheet and the Ottawa ones :)

Thanks!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
danniejean said:
Hey everyone !

I'm Canadian and sponsoring my Australian partner, we both live in the UK at the moment. I would like to be added to the spreadsheet.

App received in Mississauga: Sept 2nd
Sponsor approval: Oct 9th

Common-law
Requested London office but have been sent to OTTAWA
Living in Bristol, UK
Visa exempt
Awesome, I've added you!

I know that you guys probably don't have an answer but I thought I would ask on the off chance that you do! The processing time for Ottawa listed online is currently 16 months (eeek!), just curious if anyone knows or can speculate if the outland applications which were requested for London but sent to Ottawa will adhere to that timeline or are processed separately?

Your best bet is to look at the spreadsheet. There are 10 applications filed that are being kept in Ottawa, and only one that's been approved, so your guess is as good as the rest of ours. No one really knows that answer, that's why we are tracking it on the spreadsheet.

Good luck!

I did notice that the email on my SA letter is OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca which implies it could be a pilot program and possibly separate from regular processing. I also noticed that the applications which stayed in Mississauga go to 'in process' rather quick! Hopefully those sent to Ottawa in the same way follow the trend. I guess if no one knows I'll just have to keep an eye on the spread sheet and the Ottawa ones :)

Thanks!
My sponsor approval back in 2012 came from the same address, so I wouldn't read into it.

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
My wife received an email today from CIC asking her to send in a copy of her passport and two recent passport-sized photos!!!!!!

Does this mean she has been approved?
I guess what's left is the COPR to come into the mail?

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
EricandLinda said:
My wife received an email today from CIC asking her to send in a copy of her passport and two recent passport-sized photos!!!!!!

Sounds that way to me!

There have been a few others who have had the same request then got their copr in the mail

So I'm going to say congrats!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
EricandLinda said:

Congrats! For spreadsheet purposes, was your application processed in London, UK as per your profile information? We track this in the spreadsheet as some London based applications have been staying in Canada for the entire process.

afroza

Jul 5, 2014
Hello,

So I still haven't got any status changes from CIC regarding my husband's visa. I contacted local MP to see if they can get some info out from them. CIC replied only by saying that "the application awaits for an Immigration officer's review and will contact the applicant in due course."

What does this mean? Are we still behind in our process or does this mean it's a final check? We are currently on 10 months of our waiting period. Can't believe it's taking so long and no idea why..!!!!!!! :(

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
andrew-brit said:
Congrats! For spreadsheet purposes, was your application processed in London, UK as per your profile information? We track this in the spreadsheet as some London based applications have been staying in Canada for the entire process.
Thanks!! It was a long wait.

They specifically said: "This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Your application is now ready for finalization." I guess that really means it's approved. What I learned is that this whole process makes you paranoid.

It was processed in CPC-M, as it was them that sent her the email.

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
Why do they say (for getting COPR)

On a separate piece of paper, please provide the following information:

-Height (you/your spouse/common-law partner)
-Eye Colour (you/your spouse/common-law partner)

This is so confusing. Is my wife supposed to provide this info of herself AND me as well? My wife is the principal applicant. I am the sponsor.

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
Chevy23 said:
I replied to you in the pr thread as well but yes you do need to hold onto your copr, you will need this for whenever you decide to apply for citizenship!
canuck_in_uk said:
As said above, yes. Not only is it needed when you apply for citizenship but it's apparently also required to apply for Old Age Pension.

My partner's landing officer gave him his COPR and said "Lock it up safe until you need to apply for citizenship".
Thank you both so much - we'll have to keep it safe, and after all the hassle it took to get it, I feel like we should frame it!

sh52

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-APRIL-2014
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
5-MAY-2014
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
2-JULY-2014
Med's Request
REMED DONE ON 13th FEB 2015
Med's Done....
2-APRIL-2014
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
I cannot understand the spreadsheet. Its so colorful. Can anyone explain me how to read it?
Also theres barely any Pakistan applications listed in the sheet...

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
sh52 said:
I cannot understand the spreadsheet. Its so colorful. Can anyone explain me how to read it?
Also theres barely any Pakistan applications listed in the sheet...
Try matching the colors. To know what a green row is, find the corresponding color on the top row.

sh52

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-APRIL-2014
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
5-MAY-2014
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
2-JULY-2014
Med's Request
REMED DONE ON 13th FEB 2015
Med's Done....
2-APRIL-2014
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Thanks!

How do I know which ones are Pakistani Apps that have been transferred directly to LVO?