+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

frettis

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
07-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
Can the process time depend on what country your from?
Also if different countries comes to different visa workers desk?

In a good world it shouldn't, but I think we all know that governments is treating citizens of different countries different (and I hate that).

frettis

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
07-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
A question, might not matter at all:

My ex-wife just moved from Canada to her new bf in England, should I submit her new address to CIC or is that something they don't care so much about you think?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
frettis said:
A question, might not matter at all:

My ex-wife just moved from Canada to her new bf in England, should I submit her new address to CIC or is that something they don't care so much about you think?
If she is divorced from you, then I don't think CIC need to know anything about her at all, apart possibly that she used to be your wife. Certainly, CIC have no details about my ex-wife. I think she would be very unhappy if I had passed on information about her, such as her address. In fact, I don't even know her current address ;D

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
frettis said:
Can the process time depend on what country your from?
Also if different countries comes to different visa workers desk?

In a good world it shouldn't, but I think we all know that governments is treating citizens of different countries different (and I hate that).
i was thinking the same thing, I mean coming from Sweden we kind of 'trade down' no offense to Canada it's our choice but at least we are not trying to profit from their welfare system or anything but no I've been 'in process' almost a month now and just got a reply back from London that they are still waiting for my background check ????? How long can it take I'm 25 I've just been a student in Sweden no prior marriages, no children, no record with the police not credit records nothing!!!! So frustrating!!! I'm going for 8 months of this waiting soon :( boohoo sorry just had to let it out :(

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Notice – Strike Action
June 11, 2013 — The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
SwedentoQuebec said:
i was thinking the same thing, I mean coming from Sweden we kind of 'trade down' no offense to Canada it's our choice but at least we are not trying to profit from their welfare system or anything but no I've been 'in process' almost a month now and just got a reply back from London that they are still waiting for my background check ????? How long can it take I'm 25 I've just been a student in Sweden no prior marriages, no children, no record with the police not credit records nothing!!!! So frustrating!!! I'm going for 8 months of this waiting soon :( boohoo sorry just had to let it out :(
When you say you've been waiting 8 months, is that the amount of time from AOR? My application as you can see from my timeline went to 'In Progress' in March 2013. My acknowledgement of receipt is dated in september 2012. I'm also 25, no children no marriages and no convictions. It's just a part of the process.

I think given that the VO's experienced a walkout last week, I don't know if they are still out or whether they've returned to work, there will be a little more of a delay, from what I've read from others a month in the 'in progress' position should sit tight for at least two months

Keep your head up, it'll happen eventually

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
I have just sent an extremely desperate email to CIC begging them to tell me if my application will be finalised by the beginning of August...lol I think I have officially lost the plot

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
I have just sent an extremely desperate email to CIC begging them to tell me if my application will be finalised by the beginning of August...lol I think I have officially lost the plot
I hope they sort it out. I really do. I don't think anyone here has suffered more than you. To top it all off with this strike nonsense too... What a nightmare. I sent them an email about when I can expect mine (after all, i've been in process for almost 3 months, and they told me 3 weeks ago that I've met all the requirements) but I'm not hopeful and think I might miss my job opportunity.

We're both in a state of total despair I guess.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
I hope they sort it out. I really do. I don't think anyone here has suffered more than you. To top it all off with this strike nonsense too... What a nightmare. I sent them an email about when I can expect mine (after all, i've been in process for almost 3 months, and they told me 3 weeks ago that I've met all the requirements) but I'm not hopeful and think I might miss my job opportunity.

We're both in a state of total despair I guess.
Yes we are!!!

Michty6 was in process for 3.5 months and struggled to get his COPR, i think it was just sitting around doing nothing, so put pressure on them. I have never went in process on ecas so I don't know what is worse going into process and waiting or not even knowing....hmmmm

I really hope you dont miss this job opportunity especially since you know you are getting a COPR.

Its my daughter I feel for, she doesnt fully understand....I can't tell her if she is going back to her scottish school or not. I have been putting off enrolling her in long term activities because I didn't know if we were going to be here or not.

I missed a hen night which had to be paid for 2 months in advance, which I didnt because I didnt think I would be here so couldnt go in the end and was gutted to have missed another event because of uncertainty. I wanted to go on a wee vacation to Spain in December with my daughter and put it off because I thought DM would be just around the corner and it was better to save the money for movin,g now I wish I had gone because the stress is really getting to me.

I'm in a job I hate and I just want to hand in my 4 weeks notice, the ironic this about being in the job, is that I took it to sponsor my husband to come to the UK but I don't make the UK minimum income, so we chose to go to Canada instead...lol

I suppose I could go on and on but I am sure you get my drift and understand as you will have your own issues of being in Limbo

x

moonchild67

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-11-2012
Sigh > I am finding it harder and harder to look at the glass like its half full. I have emailed cic twice with no reply in regards to them receiving the additional info they requested back in April. I am sure the VO knows the stress us applicants can feel during this process. A note of acknowledgement would have been appreciated. Sorry just had to vent .... :(

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
I have tried sending two emails tonight and both have come back into my Junk Mail as Notification Failure to send and I sent them through Webform....strange

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
SwedentoQuebec said:
I so agree! There is no way I would be moving or wanting to move to Canada if it wasn't because of my hubby. Finland has things so much better in some sectors in life.. same as Sweden. I don't know what they are thinking there in London VO. Let's see what they say when they start processing my stuff... I've always told my hubby that if there is some reason they are making this process a nightmare for us, I don't really mind going to live in Finland. I'm not desperate to get into this country!! :D It's just better for us because my hubby doesn't speak finnish and I at least somewhat speak english.
LOL. Sorry for this meltdown, but this process is really starting to the best of me... :-\ And this strike is not making it any better!!!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
scottishmaple said:
I have tried sending two emails tonight and both have come back into my Junk Mail as Notification Failure to send and I sent them through Webform....strange
Nice... I hope they haven't blocked the email because of the strike!! This sucks!! :(

frettis

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
07-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
godisFin said:
I so agree! There is no way I would be moving or wanting to move to Canada if it wasn't because of my hubby. Finland has things so much better in some sectors in life.. same as Sweden. I don't know what they are thinking there in London VO. Let's see what they say when they start processing my stuff... I've always told my hubby that if there is some reason they are making this process a nightmare for us, I don't really mind going to live in Finland. I'm not desperate to get into this country!! :D It's just better for us because my hubby doesn't speak finnish and I at least somewhat speak english.
LOL. Sorry for this meltdown, but this process is really starting to the best of me... :-\ And this strike is not making it any better!!!
We think the same in our family. My wife and kid who are Canadian would have no issue moving to Sweden.
But since Im already here and have neither house or work in Sweden (and it's a 7 months process time for "sponsorship"), we are kind of stuck waiting.

The strike is pissing me off (not that Im against unions and strikes, just the situation it puts people in), my school sent me my certificate of completion so late that I have to wait so long for my PGWP, that would have been done before the strike if they sent it out when they said. Lucky me I have a rec centre close to work out in, without that I would gone crazy already.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
Yes we are!!!

Michty6 was in process for 3.5 months and struggled to get his COPR, i think it was just sitting around doing nothing, so put pressure on them. I have never went in process on ecas so I don't know what is worse going into process and waiting or not even knowing....hmmmm

I really hope you dont miss this job opportunity especially since you know you are getting a COPR.

Its my daughter I feel for, she doesnt fully understand....I can't tell her if she is going back to her scottish school or not. I have been putting off enrolling her in long term activities because I didn't know if we were going to be here or not.

I missed a hen night which had to be paid for 2 months in advance, which I didnt because I didnt think I would be here so couldnt go in the end and was gutted to have missed another event because of uncertainty. I wanted to go on a wee vacation to Spain in December with my daughter and put it off because I thought DM would be just around the corner and it was better to save the money for movin,g now I wish I had gone because the stress is really getting to me.

I'm in a job I hate and I just want to hand in my 4 weeks notice, the ironic this about being in the job, is that I took it to sponsor my husband to come to the UK but I don't make the UK minimum income, so we chose to go to Canada instead...lol

I suppose I could go on and on but I am sure you get my drift and understand as you will have your own issues of being in Limbo

x
Yup. I'm with you all the way. What a nightmare, and doubly so as you have a daughter to look after too! I hate the UK's new system with regards to the minimum income. I sponsored my wife prior to that rule thank god, but now if we wanted to go back (and to be honest, at this stage we both do) it would be so much harder. And for what? To protect the taxpayer? It says right on your Resident Card as a foreigner in the UK that you have "no recourse to public funds". Not to mention the fact that the income they set is arbitrary (way more than is needed to live in Scotland, way less than you would need to live in London).

I'd best stop now before I start talking politics!

I'm sure you've considered the idea of packing up and heading over anyway to wait it out in Canada. Is that an option for you guys? It's New Brunswick you're off to right?