+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
that's almost spooky! :)
Definately Spooky

Sweden said:
now indeed you have to tell us which sign you are, so that every applicant on the forum can relate :)
Libra

Sweden said:
might be a good way to look at COPR - based on astrological signs.... might be more coherent than CIC, who knows!
I am willing to try anything at this stage...lol

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
herewecome said:
So are people tempted to switch to inland apps or will the strikes impact those too? They look to be processing as quickly as Outland now and if there's no more processing this year in London...
If it were an option I think people would be considering it

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scottishmaple said:
If it were an option I think people would be considering it
I don't think it is an option. There is no "switching" possible. If you want to apply inland, you would have to apply from scratch again, so the full processing time (14 months) would apply. Not a good option. Stage 1 for outland is fairly straightforward, and is mostly about the sponsor. Stage 1 in inland comes with an "Approval in Principle" which means that they already look at the relationship etc - that's why the applicant gets an open work permit after stage 1.

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
scottishmaple said:
No my husband is though...I'm a Libra!!

But its says this for Gemini...

On June 16, (you have another stellar day, when Mars in Gemini will signal Uranus in Aries, so sudden news will be good news.
what about me?!? I'm a Capricorn !! :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
SwedentoQuebec said:
what about me?!? I'm a Capricorn !! :)
You have a busy, active month, with plenty of surprises sprinkled in, so you should be enthusiastic about June. It has no eclipses, for one thing, so the surprises that come up are not likely to rock you but rather delight you, and with Jupiter moving into a brand new sign, June could easily become a turning point that allows you to steer your life in a new, exciting direction. It won't be a matter of abandoning your old life, but rather of allowing yourself to expand your vision of the possibilities and to grow by taking on new commitments. It's also a time to build on your experience, and for having the confidence to take a risk because you know that by now you can handle a little ambiguity about the future. Not every detail has to be spelled out - that is so yesterday - but to start out on a path of adventure so that you can add the necessary elements as you go along...

Something important to you is about to reach critical mass at or within four days of the full moon in Capricorn, June 23, the only one of 2013 in your sign. If your birthday falls within five days of December 23, you will feel double the effects of this full moon with double strength.

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
Well, we landed in Winnipeg on Friday and spent yesterday recovering from the jet lag. We were both living and working in the UK, but these weren't exactly amazing jobs and we were just tired of waiting. So here we are! Now I just need to update CIC about our change of address. Might this cause any delays with our application? When we applied we were both working at the same place in the UK and obviously that's now changed...

Also - I got an email from them in reply to an inquiry several weeks ago. Should I just respond to that email to update my address or is there a more "official" way to go about doing it? Thanks for your advice. :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Eabie said:
Well, we landed in Winnipeg on Friday and spent yesterday recovering from the jet lag. We were both living and working in the UK, but these weren't exactly amazing jobs and we were just tired of waiting. So here we are! Now I just need to update CIC about our change of address. Might this cause any delays with our application? When we applied we were both working at the same place in the UK and obviously that's now changed...

Also - I got an email from them in reply to an inquiry several weeks ago. Should I just respond to that email to update my address or is there a more "official" way to go about doing it? Thanks for your advice. :)
Great News! Heres hoping your app goes quickly for you!

I know others on the forum have advised me in the past to respond via the email I was sent, however after doing this the information I had sent was never received (or so they claimed). I had to send the information via Webform which the website does state to do this when providing information or changing address, so my advice would be to use this everytime.

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
scottishmaple said:
You have a busy, active month, with plenty of surprises sprinkled in, so you should be enthusiastic about June. It has no eclipses, for one thing, so the surprises that come up are not likely to rock you but rather delight you, and with Jupiter moving into a brand new sign, June could easily become a turning point that allows you to steer your life in a new, exciting direction. It won't be a matter of abandoning your old life, but rather of allowing yourself to expand your vision of the possibilities and to grow by taking on new commitments. It's also a time to build on your experience, and for having the confidence to take a risk because you know that by now you can handle a little ambiguity about the future. Not every detail has to be spelled out - that is so yesterday - but to start out on a path of adventure so that you can add the necessary elements as you go along...

Something important to you is about to reach critical mass at or within four days of the full moon in Capricorn, June 23, the only one of 2013 in your sign. If your birthday falls within five days of December 23, you will feel double the effects of this full moon with double strength.
omg this is so on the spot!! Does mean that I'm going back to Sweden which I am unfortunately :( to wait out the rest and to get a job for the summer..

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
So we have an idea of how along we are and whether we should try another route, I have looked at the GCMS notes. Is it done in the applicant or sponsors name? Neither are in Canada. It seems to suggest you can only apply in our case if you're Canadian. So can the sponsor access the application notes or will they just receive details that pertain to their sponsorship?thanks in advance

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
herewecome said:
So we have an idea of how along we are and whether we should try another route, I have looked at the GCMS notes. Is it done in the applicant or sponsors name? Neither are in Canada. It seems to suggest you can only apply in our case if you're Canadian. So can the sponsor access the application notes or will they just receive details that pertain to their sponsorship?thanks in advance
it should be done in the applicant's name, as that's where you will find the details about your file from London. Under the sponsor you won't have much info.
you can not apply if you're not Canadian, present in Canada, or a PR. BUT - your spouse ( who is one of the 3 normally! ) can submit it on your behalf as your "representative" - you need to give him consent to do so, but it's feasible. Make sure that you ask for the "electronic file" and not the "physical file" - if you request the physical file they will have to pull it out of London VO etc., so you will loose time.
Easiest way is to do an online request http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
Good luck,
Sweden

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
scottishmaple said:
Great News! Heres hoping your app goes quickly for you!

I know others on the forum have advised me in the past to respond via the email I was sent, however after doing this the information I had sent was never received (or so they claimed). I had to send the information via Webform which the website does state to do this when providing information or changing address, so my advice would be to use this everytime.
Thanks Scottishmaple, we sent the update via webform as you suggested. I didn't give a lot of context - just said we're waiting the rest of the process out in Canada, said we arrived June 7th, and then gave the new mailing address. Perhaps I should have let them know our employment ended in May. I don't know. I'm so paranoid about causing further delays, lol.

I know you probably hear this so often that it's becoming cliche, but I really hope you hear something good soon too.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Eabie said:
Thanks Scottishmaple, we sent the update via webform as you suggested. I didn't give a lot of context - just said we're waiting the rest of the process out in Canada, said we arrived June 7th, and then gave the new mailing address. Perhaps I should have let them know our employment ended in May. I don't know. I'm so paranoid about causing further delays, lol.

I know you probably hear this so often that it's becoming cliche, but I really hope you hear something good soon too.
I don't think it matters about the employment. You have told them that you are waiting out in Canada and common sense, should your VO have any, would know that you have left your employment. If they require this information then they will request it, but I doubt they will.

and Thank you!

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
Well we got a response back from London today to a Case Specific Inquiry! So maybe all hope isn't lost...

Original Email:

Title: xxx, Owen
Name of Applicant:xxx, Owen
DOB of Applicant: xxx
Nationality: British citizen
File Number or Client ID Number: xxxx
Telephone number: xxxx
Type of Application: Permanent Residence in Canada

Name of Requester: xxx, Katelyn
Relationship to Applicant: Sponsor
Email Address: xxx
Consultant CSIC No.:

Request: Hello; I am just enquiring as to the status of our application. You had requested to send additional documents which as of Friday June 7th, you will have had for four weeks. I know that the email sent stated to wait up to four months, but we just want to make sure that you have received the documents. They were sent via email as well as registered mail. It would be very helpful in putting our minds at ease if you could confirm the documents have been received and are awaiting processing. Thank you for your help, Katelyn xxx

Response:

Good morning,

The documents were received and the application remains under review.

We will be in contact when there have been further developments with the processing of the application.

Kind regards,
CDD

Maybe this will give them a kick in the butt to get things finished up! :)

EDIT: Forgot to xxx something out

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Got this email from CIC in reply to my query about whether my COPR has been issued yet.

"Good morning,

Although your application has reached the final stages of processing we have not yet issued your COPR. Your application will be finalised and your COPR will be issued and dispatched shortly.

Kind regards,
CDD"

So, it's now been three weeks since the last time they said my COPR would be issued "shortly". Clearly that word has a different definition with CIC than with the rest of the english speaking world.

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
DGT said:
Got this email from CIC in reply to my query about whether my COPR has been issued yet.

"Good morning,

Although your application has reached the final stages of processing we have not yet issued your COPR. Your application will be finalised and your COPR will be issued and dispatched shortly.

Kind regards,
CDD"

So, it's now been three weeks since the last time they said my COPR would be issued "shortly". Clearly that word has a different definition with CIC than with the rest of the english speaking world.
I'm glad the end is in sight for you DGT!